Options

What is the most false thing you have heard about yourself?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
mine is that i called a lad fat when i didnt , this was in Year 6 and everyone turned on me when i didnt say anything.

Comments

• Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That I ate all the pies. I didn't! I had five, Ian had the other one.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once referenced in a newspaper article as working for the Tory Party in London.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Someone once told me she'd heard I was dead.
  • Options
    Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Last summer at the work staff party, someone started a rumour that I choke slammed a fat bird to the floor. That was a nice one to come back to the office and deal with - what's even worse is that people generally found it funny, including other women :o
  • Options
    scotty22scotty22 Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get called an 'angel' by a few women when I do deliveries. yeah...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Probably that I was supposed to be gay.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My aunts ex-fiancé thought I was gay many years ago when I was a teen nothing could be further from the truth.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    The smackhead who lived next door started putting rumours around that I was a rapist/murderer/kiddy-fiddler when we complained to the council about him.

Even had it daubed across my car bonnet at one point.
    no idea what was used but, fortunately, it wiped right off.

I was also ostracised and bullied for 4 years, at school, because I was accused of being "queer".

The worst thing, by far, was being accused of being the same person as Woodbush by the inmates on dergs though.:blush:
    Seems their investigative techniques went as far as assuming that everybody on DS who lists their location as somewhere in Scotland must be the same person. :D:p
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    The smackhead who lived next door started putting rumours around that I was a rapist/murderer/kiddy-fiddler when we complained to the council about him.

I was also ostracised and bullied for 4 years, at school, because I was accused of being "queer".

The worst thing, by far, was being accused of being the same person as Woodbush by the inmates on dergs though.:blush:
    Seems their investigative techniques went as far as assuming that everybody on DS who lists their location as somewhere in Scotland must be the same person. :D:p

Wow that's a bit extreme! :o
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone put my name forward to the police over a chinese take away which was robbed at gunpoint. The Police came around one morning at about 6am to speak to me and right away said I was not the person due to the description given. I had long hair at the time, I'm guessing the robber did not. Still to this day have no idea who put my name forward >:(

I was shocked at first but laugh at it looking back.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

Seems their investigative techniques went as far as assuming that everybody on DS who lists their location as somewhere in Scotland must be the same person
    . :D:p

All those types of forums do that, and once its said it becomes the truth. :D
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    take your pick:

i [used to] go out all night and leave my children alone.

i work as a prostitute.

i have a cat and kittens locked in my shed.

i work as a window cleaner.

i`m living with the remarried husband i divorced a couple of decades ago.

i steal.

i`m liable to stab you as soon as look at you.

and so on..........
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    take your pick:

i [used to] go out all night and leave my children alone.

i work as a prostitute.

i have a cat and kittens locked in my shed.

i work as a window cleaner.

i`m living with the remarried husband i divorced a couple of decades ago.

i steal.

i`m liable to stab you as soon as look at you.

and so on..........

No smoke without fire...

😘
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    No smoke without fire...

😘

....i`m an arsonist.......
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The woman at the canteen where I worked told everyone she'd seen me in town on Saturday afternoon and I was being arrested for being blind drunk. I asked her why she was telling people lies about me and she said "Well, I have to tell them something!"

I made a complaint to her boss and she was forced to send an e-mail around apologising but afterwards kept moaning that I was a terrible person for making her out to be a liar!
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    My nightmare ex-neighbour spread a tale that my partner was a heroin addict - in fact he had terminal cancer but that didn't stop the old cow telling people he'd died of an OD.

She also used to tell everyone I was a prostitute and she knew this 'for a fact' because I left the house at 7pm most evenings and came back at around 8.30am. I was a nurse, on permanent nights.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Probably the most false thing I ever heard about myself was that I gave a crap what other people thought of me. I really, REALLY don't.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »
    My nightmare ex-neighbour spread a tale that my partner was a heroin addict - in fact he had terminal cancer but that didn't stop the old cow telling people he'd died of an OD.

What a malicious, bitter, empty vessel of a bitch your neighbour must have been. That's terrible.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use to be a break dancer and carried my own cardboard mat around to do demonstrations in public areas. Quite a hilarious thought really!
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That I played the saxophone riff on Gerry Rafferty's 1978 song "Baker Street".
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    That I appear in a Harry Potter film.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    That I appear in a Harry Potter film.

Which one were you?
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was identified as Rufus Sewell's "mysterious girlfriend" in a caption of a photo of us in a newspaper years ago. I didn't even know Sewell.

In reality: I was walking with my employer towards Charlotte Street Hotel when Sewell came round a corner. My boss recognised and greeted him. We kept on walking toward the hotel with him on my left, me in the middle and my boss on my right. Sewell and my boss chatted a little while I said nothing. Sewell and I didn't even say hello to each other.

A photographer somehow spotted us from the hotel, came out and took photos of us. I moved round my boss onto the road. I thought the photographer was only interested in them two. The photographer left us alone once we entered the hotel. Sewell went off to meet with his agent and we went off to meet with the others. The whole thing lasted just a few minutes.

And yet, next day, the newspaper cropped my boss out of a photo, to make it seem as if Sewell and I were alone together. It claimed we were dating and that we were on the way to a restaurant. A "source" claimed that we were so in love that marriage was on our cards. What the actual ****?

That photo and claim got so many people emailing, phoning and asking me about our grand affair. Former school friends I hadn't seen or heard for years got in touch, too. Some didn't believe me when I said I didn't even know him. They thought I was lying to protect our so-called secret relationship. The worst part was when my mum rang me in tears, scolding me for hiding this wedding from her. This mess lasted about a month until people forgot my existence.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my former employer (a nasty piece of work who ran 2 pubs) took upon it to tell everybody in the pub that I was pregnant. Me and my current partner met at one of his pubs and we did had a secret relationship before we both left at the same time as the pub was being sold so we were losing our jobs. Anyway we both decided we'd had enough and just didn't turn up for our shift one evening and so the rumours began. The opener found out about me and Danny and spun a whole heap of crap about me being pregnant and that we were stealing stock from the cellar. All lies ofcourse but he literally told everybody all this crap for months after
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    A guy I met on holiday was convinced I was an actor from a Turkish soap opera and wouldn't be dissuaded despite my denials and all the evidence to the contrary.