Options

Did Jeremy deserve to get Ejected ?

Comments

• Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skiprunner wrote: »
    Can't vote in poll as I have a bloody stupid Ad for spec savers right on flippin top of it!
    Aaah, if only AdBlock Plus existed ;):D
  • Options
    jennytablinajennytablina Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I feel like a lot of people are judging on the action that officially got him chucked and not enough on the lead up to the event and Jeremy's behaviour. Though it's comforting to see many are aware what they are seeing is clearly a very broken man.

I feel like saying he "deserved" it is wrong, I think on basis of rules and the nature of the situation, he "needed" to be booted out for his own sake as much as anyone else's

(I think Ken "deserves" to be booted - because he made his statements without being addled on booze to begin with, no mind altering substance to excuse or lessen impact of his actions.)

Nobody seems to question the weird "inhaler" he had while drinking, or the fact that when he spilled wine, he actually got quite upset about wasted drink - then was sweating and spinning quite badly from over-drinking & possibly mixing drugs. He even calmly told the other HM's the vomiting was incoming, like it's a dance he's done many times before.

This is a man who is so lost, that apparently the only moment he feels some level of peace with himself, is when he's abused his body to the point of vomiting. Though part of me feels like that was part of the situation, trying to say like "this is one moment where I can be me, and be intimate with someone" to Chloe. Alas the red flag was not noticed and she stayed in the room.

That's not to say it's her fault at all, in a normal situation with relatively well-adjusted people, that might not be so much a problem. But for a broken man like that? Jeremy can't even control what he does to his own body, let alone respecting anyone else's. IMO nobody should of been left alone with him (and I feel it was irresponsible of the ladies to just wonder off and leave Chole) If he had stayed, what was to stop him repeating that pattern again and doing it another night in the house & worse?

I think keeping Ken in is incredibly cynical even by Endomol standards, I can't believe he won't do or say worse between now and eviction. But sadly C5 seem to think his vile behavior is worth it for ratings, sigh.
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    She might have had he complained ;)

Anything short of a suicide attempt from Jeremy, she certainly wouldn't
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both should have been flung out for the behaviour displayed in tonight's episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel like a lot of people are judging on the action that officially got him chucked and not enough on the lead up to the event and Jeremy's behaviour. Though it's comforting to see many are aware what they are seeing is clearly a very broken man.

I feel like saying he "deserved" it is wrong, I think on basis of rules and the nature of the situation, he "needed" to be booted out for his own sake as much as anyone else's

(I think Ken "deserves" to be booted - because he made his statements without being addled on booze to begin with, no mind altering substance to excuse or lessen impact of his actions.)

Nobody seems to question the weird "inhaler" he had while drinking, or the fact that when he spilled wine, he actually got quite upset about wasted drink - then was sweating and spinning quite badly from over-drinking & possibly mixing drugs. He even calmly told the other HM's the vomiting was incoming, like it's a dance he's done many times before.

This is a man who is so lost, that apparently the only moment he feels some level of peace with himself, is when he's abused his body to the point of vomiting. Though part of me feels like that was part of the situation, trying to say like "this is one moment where I can be me, and be intimate with someone" to Chloe. Alas the red flag was not noticed and she stayed in the room.

That's not to say it's her fault at all, in a normal situation with relatively well-adjusted people, that might not be so much a problem. But for a broken man like that? Jeremy can't even control what he does to his own body, let alone respecting anyone else's. IMO nobody should of been left alone with him (and I feel it was irresponsible of the ladies to just wonder off and leave Chole) If he had stayed, what was to stop him repeating that pattern again and doing it another night in the house & worse?

I think keeping Ken in is incredibly cynical even by Endomol standards, I can't believe he won't do or say worse between now and eviction. But sadly C5 seem to think his vile behavior is worth it for ratings, sigh.
    Can I just say, as I have to read the rest of your post properly, the 'weird inhaler' is an e-cigarette, he just uses it without liquid (dry vaping it's called). All perfectly legal ;)

Now, back to giving your post the attention all posts deserve :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You make some really interesting observations about Jeremy, some good points. Apart from what happened tonight with Chloe, putting that aside, I agree iwth what you say. I agree the man seemed, from the minute he stepped through the doors, rather unstable and erratic.

His comments regarding vomiting were extremely odd, and sad, and anybody really listening to what he was (and wasn't) saying would have picked up on it (which you obviously did), but a house of celebs isn't going to really be paying that much attention to anything that doesn't involve them in some small way.

He obviously has a lot of issues and shouldn't be in there. That doesn't negate the incident with Chloe, it does put into question C5's decision to put him into the house and his decision to go in there - I don't know how much depth C5 go into with housemates, after all they let Gary go in there ... as did his family and advisers, same with Jeremy.

People close to Jeremy must know his mental state, perhaps they advised him against it or perhaps he's not got people around him who are good enough friends to advise him well; perhaps he's that desperate for the money that they all said he must do it or else, who knows.

Either way, it's obvious he shouldn't have been in there in the first place.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say 'no' in answer to the poll question. He was sitting drunk on the floor of the toilet having just puked his guts up : it seems a bit excessive to be holding such an individual to account for his actions.
  • Options
    jennytablinajennytablina Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Can I just say, as I have to read the rest of your post properly, the 'weird inhaler' is an e-cigarette, he just uses it without liquid (dry vaping it's called). All perfectly legal ;)

Now, back to giving your post the attention all posts deserve :D

I stand corrected, though I still find it kind of weird - I guess because I'm used to HM's having to make do with ciggys they brought in suitcases or whatever BB is willing to supply. It just seemed rather concerning to me that he was at vomiting point and sweating. I know we've seen HM's go blotto, but not usually to that level
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I would say 'no' in answer to the poll question. He was sitting drunk on the floor of the toilet having just puked his guts up : it seems a bit excessive to be holding such an individual to account for his actions.

SO being drunk means someone should not be held accountable for their actions?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stand corrected, though I still find it kind of weird - I guess because I'm used to HM's having to make do with ciggys they brought in suitcases or whatever BB is willing to supply. It just seemed rather concerning to me that he was at vomiting point and sweating. I know we've seen HM's go blotto, but not usually to that level
    I always perspire excessively when I vomit from drinking too much. It always amazes me that HMs get as drunk as they do sometimes, considering that BB doesn't give them much alcohol at all really, but then he is a recovering addict isn't he? Perhaps he takes some medication or something that reacted with it?

I did wonder, what with his description of the elation he feels after vomiting, whether he's bulimic or something, but I don't know much, or enough, about that to really know.

ETA: I perspire before I vomit, always a good indication that it's going to happen and a quick race to the loo or nearest bucket is required :D
  • Options
    tigerlily96tigerlily96 Posts: 3,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he should have been allowed to stay in, albeit making a very public apology to the housemates and Chloe individually. I think he is in a very vulnerable state, but as Michelle said it's CBB that's keeping him focused. It could have been an amazing scenario for him to refocus on the positives and the fun he could have had. He made a mistake that I do not condone, but we haven't seen what he did or how he did it so we have to take his word that he made a naive mistake. Chloe obviously has her rights, but as she said she was more shocked at the sudden nature of him than anything.

Ken is being far more offensive and erratic and that would appear to be without any alcohol or such.

Great post, agree with every bit.
  • Options
    weelass2010weelass2010 Posts: 157
    Forum Member

The vaporizer he was using is normal if somebody is coming off cigarettes.The poor man shouldn't even have been in the house. I hope he gets the help he needs. CBB should be more careful with people with Mental Health Issues. Ken needs to be reigned in by CBB he is way out of line and his use of the n word is so offensive.
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babyshez wrote: »
    No, he should have received a warning just like all the other housemates who have been in that situation.

I'm inclined to agree.

They should be consistent in how they deal with situations, and Denise and Hazel were allowed to stay in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I agree he should have been ejected but BB seems to be inconsistent at best with dealing with this sort of thing.

Denise should have been chucked out a few years ago as well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    And Hazel in the regular BB as well of course.

As I say it is completely correct that Jeremy was removed, but it would never happen the other way around
  • Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy should have been removed as it obviously really affected Chloe and wouldn't be fair to her is she was uncomfortable with him around
  • Options
    BlondiniBlondini Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    I voted Yes but that was before i realised there was an "and Ken" option. Both should have gone - people have been thrown out for similar to his Alexander comments - Emily (and hers wasn't even meant to be offensive). And the giant list of things he said and did in just one day outstrips what anyone has done in an entire series - including the summer ones. Age is no excuse - he admitted he knew what he was doing and was doing it to get nominated / evicted.

Jeremy should never have been put in there, an alcoholic with issues - let's allow him to get drunk, shall we? Let's allow a situation where he's in a room with a gorgeous near-naked woman where there are no cameras so all the numbskulls online can call her a liar. Brilliant. Neither should have been put in. But they only want ratings, they don't care about HMs mental health or ability to offend the entire nation. And we thought Hopkins would be the problem?
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    If you add together the votes for options one and four it's clear that the majority think it was right for Jeremy to be removed.

I agree with the view that they were looking for a reason to get him out, he is clearly a loose cannon in there, but it's really unfortunate for Chloe that she has been dragged into it. Females are always judged harshly in these kind of incidents. She did nothing wrong, she was just trying to help, and is now being blamed and regarded as an attention seeking **** by many.

Personally I would have left him to it, but I think they were concerned about his state of health and were trying to keep him safe, which backfired rather spectacularly.

He should have been ejected for his own sake because he shouldn't have been in there at all, but let's not blame Chloe for it.

She is not to blame.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,034
    Forum Member
    He shouldn't have ever been allowed in. The guy obviously has issues
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    If you add together the votes for options one and four it's clear that the majority think it was right for Jeremy to be removed.

I agree with the view that they were looking for a reason to get him out, he is clearly a loose cannon in there, but it's really unfortunate for Chloe that she has been dragged into it. Females are always judged harshly in these kind of incidents. She did nothing wrong, she was just trying to help, and is now being blamed and regarded as an attention seeking **** by many.

Personally I would have left him to it, but I think they were concerned about his state of health and were trying to keep him safe, which backfired rather spectacularly.

He should have been ejected for his own sake because he shouldn't have been in there at all, but let's not blame Chloe for it.

She is not to blame.

I just looked at the poll results and the majority is that a warning would have sufficed. I am not sure what you saw.
    The blame here lies with the production team for putting Jeremy in when it was obvious this is the last and worst place for him to be. Chloe has done BB a favour by reacting as she did so they had a reason to push the focus on to Jeremy and justify ejecting him without taking any responsibility.
    Just to clarify Jeremy was definitely in the wrong for moving her robe but I do wonder if Chloe would of reacted in the same way if it had been Calum. I personally found Ken's behaviour more offensive.
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    You can only vote for one option therefore add one and four together to get the true picture of how many think he should have been ejected. It's quite straightforward.

82 + 106 = 188

My main point is that Chloe is being blamed for him being ejected and that's unfair on her. She is sure to go now she has made enemies in the audience by being the downfall of a male, females always go first anyway.

I'm not a fan of hers but I'd rather she stayed over a bigot or a dullard.
  • Options
    fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was so shocked and upset because in her mind she was genuinely comforting someone she felt had become a friend. If ken had done it, I think she would have been angry but not shocked and upset.

I totally think she was genuine and agree that Jeremy had to go, not just because of that incident but because of his unstable behaviour leading up to the incident.
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Chloe hadn't been so upset by it then maybe he would have just got a warning, or nothing. But it was Chloe's experience and she was obviously genuinely distressed about what had happened and so it was 100% right that he went - if a housemate is made to feel violated and unsafe then how can the cause of that stay in house?

Regarding Ken..I don't know, people have gone for worse, but to date I have not seen HM's react to him with fear or intimidation, the way they did with Jeremy.
  • Options
    oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely the right thing to do. If someone did that in the toilet of a nightclub eyc they would be arrested
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C_N1 wrote: »
    And Hazel in the regular BB as well of course.

As I say it is completely correct that Jeremy was removed, but it would never happen the other way around

I can't remember how Daley reacted though - was he as shocked and upset as Chloe? Did he make a formal complaint to Big Brother? If he had then I would suspect action would be taken, particularly if Hazel had been acting the way Jeremy was in the lead up to it. I think BB finally realised that they had a duty of care, not only to Chloe, but to Jeremy - he seemed to be breaking down and it was their responsibility to get him out. Imagine if they had just warned him and then he went on to do something worse? They would have faced a massive backlash.