Options

Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ali_D2Ali_D2 Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsDirect wrote: »
    This was planned over a year ago, things just haven't worked out as the team expected. Now that the Sony deal is signed, I assume its another 360, plans can move forward. I'm more confident than ever that they're going aboard this year and I believe France had always been first on the list. Exciting times ahead! :)

I had no idea they were planning this for over a year, i just heard about nrj a few days ago because of 5hfrance. But thats great, it seems like so far they're planning on a trip to Australia, UK and France, hopefully they can visit South America too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fifth Harmony's WILD Dance Rehearsal - Fifth Harmony Takeover Ep. 53
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6uDxNsGTQY

Little girl gets surprised with Reflection tickets ^_^

Fifth Harmony surprise!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLUC_CUVi_U&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Countdown y'all. Today is Monday 26th Jan, the album comes out here in 85 hours and 35 minutes and however many seconds hehe

edit: It's probably more like just 85 hours because iTunes updates 11.30pm the night before.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

^^ Not a spoiler just wanted to quote without it taking up so much space on the page lol.

Damn Meghan wrote 3 songs for them?? Get the writers $$$ young lady! I hope they aren't too same-sy, I feel like that is what Meghan's album suffers a little too much of (but I like it just fine). I really do wish the girls had some writing credits and thus some creative control from that point but I guess it is a debut album so maybe they can slowly build themselves into that.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forwards to sl*t dropping to these songs :)

btw sledgehammer is at 29 on US iTunes lowkey laughing at the people who said it needed a discount to sell well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reflection album is officially available to stream on iTunes radio!!!
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening now.
    Going Nowhere is my jam. Lauren's ad libs, wow. :D

Glad to see Sledgehammer continuing to kill it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't get a US iTunes account to work for me but I found a blog streaming all the songs so am listening now. Starting from the beginning but I won't post anything about it until the end!! Let us see how this goes :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    I couldn't get a US iTunes account to work for me but I found a blog streaming all the songs so am listening now. Starting from the beginning but I won't post anything about it until the end!! Let us see how this goes :)

ShaynaJay please can you link me to the blog you're on by private message? The one I'm on doesn't seem to have all the songs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay please can you link me to the blog you're on by private message? The one I'm on doesn't seem to have all the songs?

Done and sent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    Done and sent

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A solid effort.

I was really impressed with their vocal abilities. Ally's vocals on this album are pure gold, all the girls delivered.

My favourite tracks are Everlasting Love, Like Mariah, Body Rock, Top Down, Suga Mama and Brave Honest Beautiful. I adore Going Nowhere too.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Brave Honest Beautiful is incredible, could be a huge smash for them.....I was not expecting this sound from them but it works. This Is How We Roll also screams single!

Like Mariah, Going Nowhere, Worth It, We Know are also my favourites.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's been a bit confusing because a lot of the songs aren't the sound I was expecting from them (but should have been expecting because Sledgehammer) - so it took some getting used to.

It definitely is a solid album but it's not leaving a strong impression on me of them and their sound, which is fine since it's their debut and they're just getting started. Really appreciating all the good bops on this, and unlike many a girl band, their ballad (there's only one right?) is not a weak point at all.

Top Down, Body Rock, We Know, Everlasting Love, Worth It and Going Nowhere are my favourites. This is How We Roll should be a single for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It gets better on each listen to! I agree that the mid-tempo ballads work in their favour and they sound better on them than some of the up-tempo tracks.

1. Like Mariah
    2. Everlasting Love
    3. Top Down
    4. Body Rock
    5. Brave Honest Beautiful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    It gets better on each listen to! I agree that the mid-tempo ballads work in their favour and they sound better on them than some of the up-tempo tracks.

1. Like Mariah
    2. Everlasting Love
    3. Top Down
    4. Body Rock
    5. Brave Honest Beautiful

I'm hearing you on it getting better with each listen. This album is a grower. *listens to This is How We Roll for the fifth time*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    My favorites in no particular order are: Like Mariah, Suga Mama, Brave Honest Beautiful, Going Nowhere, Worth It, and Top Down. :)
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh I need to listen!! Someone please please please link me to a blog I can listen cause I can't find any and UK iTunes doesn't have the stream :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh I need to listen!! Someone please please please link me to a blog I can listen cause I can't find any and UK iTunes doesn't have the stream :(

Sent it to you via private message, Charlie. :)
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone please PM me the link too?! I'm so excited to hear it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Sent in case you haven't gotten a link yet Master Ozzy.

So after listening to this several times today, I think some songs have really grown and others have not at all and I've actually gotten a bit meh at them. Overall I think this is a good debut, it does feel like Epic changed the direction to the dance/pop sound and it works for them? I wish there were more feats of harmony on this, We Know is the highlight for that, that last minute is amazing. I really hope they keep picking solid singles, there's about three songs that I think/hope would be smashes for them if they get the timing right - especially coming off the back of Sledgehammer.

Tracks 4 - 7, 11 and 12 will be on heavy rotation for me when I get the album proper, I'm sure. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the PM with the link Mina_Cameron. I'm just at work and rushed to the toilets to give it a listen quickly!! On first quick listen I'm liking it. I think EPIC made the right decision to change the direction fo the sound. I don't agree with the poster who said 'This Is How We Roll' should be a single. It's a good song, but definitely needs to stay as an album track...they need to pick singles which are good songs and show off their voices. They need to make sure they don't neglect to show off the fact they can all sing amazingly well. 'This Is How We Roll' doesn't show that. I'll have a proper listen later and then will post about which songs I think should be singles. I'm guessing we can rule out 'Worth It' as I think that served it's purpose as an instant grat track. I'm loving Everlasting Love, but will post my full review later.
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very impressed and very pleased with the album as a whole!!

This Is How We Roll & Top Down are making me pregnant right now (if we go in to Tumblr/ATRL talk :D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could I also be PMed the link for streaming the album please? Thanks in advance! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, here's my review.

Album Strengths
    BO$$, Sledgehammer, Worth It, Like Mariah, Reflection, Suga Mama, We Know. All really good songs. I never really liked BO$$, but now looking back I think it was the right song to introduce them. I'm also glad they went with Sledgehammer and stuck with it...even on the album with all these new songs the track still stands out. All of the others above I also love. I think my two favourites other than the singles they've released so far, are We Know, Reflection and Suga Mama.

Album Weaknesses
    Overall, I think it's a great debut album. However, I would have liked it to be slightly more mature. I know they're a girl band and of course a lot of the songs are going to be fun, but apart from Everlasting Love, there's no killer ballads that show off their vocals...and Everlasting Love isn't really a ballad. A lot of the lyrics on the songs are so cheesey...name dropping Madonna, Rhianna, Beyonce, Mariah to name a few, and of course Michelle Obama in BO$$. Fair enough the odd one is fun and cool, but it's just a bit cheesey. Also, I hate 'Brave, Honest, Beautiful'. I was so excited for it as obviously Megan Traynor is on it, but it's just too much cheese for me. I think they only included that song on the end of the album as Megan has her name on it and it might help get the girls more attention. The song itself I don't like and I wish they had included a different song, or even held back a song like 'Who Are You?' from the EP and included that instead. Saying all of that though, it's fantastic for a debut album. Just a bit too cheesey for me in some places.

Singles
    This is hard. I'm going to ignore what tracks I like and don't like and I'm going to instead think about what would work as a single and appeal to the market. There's two songs which stand out as singles and despite what I just said, the two I think would work as singles are actually two of my favourites! Top Down and Everlasting Love. I think they should go for Everlasting Love for the next single. It shows off all their voices and it's a great song. That's for the U.S though. For the UK I haven't a clue what single they should release. The U.S would love Everlasting Love, but no way would it work in the UK or Europe. I don't think Top Down would work well in the UK either...it would come across very cheesey pop over here. So, yeah, Everlasting Love as the new U.S single please!!