Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 31)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,975
Administrator
Continuation of: LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

We have also merged both LBC threads. Please continue discussion here.

Comments

• Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome everyone! Hopefully this will be a cleaner place with no bird mess to deal with;-)
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who remembers the Chrysalis days with the woman who used to screech 'LBCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'? :o:D
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Continuation of: LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

We have also merged both LBC threads. Please continue discussion here.

Sorry may I ask which thread it was merged with? Not the LBC Politics thread?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    Sorry may I ask which thread it was merged with? Not the LBC Politics thread?

The 'Discussion' thread that emerged a few days ago ... Lots of duplicate posting going on ... The 'Politics' thread is still there

Let normal service resume .... Or perhaps not :p
  • Options
    karen tracekaren trace Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Petrie's show today was as bad as anything I have ever heard on LBC. She shouted for three hours, clearly did not know much about her chosen topics, butted in with ill-informed comments and much much more utter rubbish. She is a total embarrassment to the station.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peachykeen wrote: »
    The 'Discussion' thread that emerged a few days ago ... Lots of duplicate posting going on ... The 'Politics' thread is still there

Let normal service resume .... Or perhaps not :p

Fanny's namesake is going to be very miffed! Shame, eh. :D
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    I have just read part 30 of the thread and saw Birdboy's comments, I didn't know what I did and I didn't know there was a rule that says that some posters aren't allowed to reply to others. :confused:

What this the same poster who said that being homosexual was "not normal" or am I thinking of another one? :confused:
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just read part 30 of the thread and saw Birdboy's comments, I didn't know what I did and I didn't know there was a rule that says that some posters aren't allowed to reply to others. :confused:

What this the same poster who said that being homosexual was "not normal" or am I thinking of another one? :confused:

The very same poster.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    [/B]

The very same poster.
    Now I know why he doesn't like me as he thought I was gay (he asked me twice!).
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps he was looking for 'a friend'.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o:o Yes seems like he thought so.
  • Options
    P.RamleeP.Ramlee Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Petrie's show today was as bad as anything I have ever heard on LBC. She shouted for three hours, clearly did not know much about her chosen topics, butted in with ill-informed comments and much much more utter rubbish. She is a total embarrassment to the station.

I think her rough voice is due to her still recovering from illness but
    at least she has laid her cards on the table regarding the EU referendum.

Nailing her flag on Nigel's mast it appears...
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    I've just noticed the poster that has just gone missing was expounding over La Hopkins. He reckoned her output was likely to be 'tongue-in-cheek'. A moot point. Regardless, she still manages to make the most grossly offensive comments in print which is enough, and too much, imo.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    I've just noticed the poster that has just gone missing was expounding over La Hopkins. He reckoned her output was likely to be 'tongue-in-cheek'. A moot point. Regardless, she still manages to make the most grossly offensive comments in print which is enough, and too much, imo.

Not surprised in the least. "Birds of a feather, Like calls to like", etc.
  • Options
    goballoongoballoon Posts: 84
    Forum Member

It was awful. She had certainly done little or no research on ADHD and just carried on shouting nonsense. If anyone phoned in with actual facts or experience she just shrieked over them and then resorted to the "old faithful".....I have a friend who used to take Ritalin. My job was teaching and assessing children with the condition and I had to turn her off as her ignorant rant was really uncomfortable.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

That's because there is no such rule! Ignore any bird brained comments and carry on, Connor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    Fanny's namesake is going to be very miffed! Shame, eh. :D

I think a point was being made .... ;-)

Talking of Steve, his Twitter account makes me laugh for all the wrong reasons. He obviously can't type or use the functions properly and was trying to message someone but doesn't know how to DM.

I thought I was bad with technology :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Peachykeen wrote: »
    I think a point was being made .... ;-)

Talking of Steve, his Twitter account makes me laugh for all the wrong reasons. He obviously can't type or use the functions properly and was trying to message someone but doesn't know how to DM.

I thought I was bad with technology :D

Yes, talking of Steve I loathed him the other morning. Half asleep having left on the radio overnight, I was drowning in my dream. Yes, I was submerged in water within the bowels of a ship :o. Was I grateful to read g-s's post that morning, he'd been talking about the Titanic. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half asleep having left on the radio overnight, I was drowning in my dream.

If your radio runs off the mains, then put a plug timer on. Mine switches itself off about 1am (I tend to be asleep when that happens), and on again at 7am (and then I fall back to sleep again!). If you run on battery power you must either get through a lot of batteries or keep recharging them!
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, talking of Steve I loathed him the other morning. Half asleep having left on the radio overnight, I was drowning in my dream. Yes, I was submerged in water within the bowels of a ship :o. Was I grateful to read g-s's post that morning, he'd been talking about the Titanic. :D
    Mired, once again, in the Bog of Allen! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If your radio runs off the mains, then put a plug timer on. Mine switches itself off about 1am (I tend to be asleep when that happens), and on again at 7am (and then I fall back to sleep again!). If you run on battery power you must either get through a lot of batteries or keep recharging them!

My new DAB runs off the mains. I haven't fiddled about with it because my cat does! He likes to hang on the thin dangly aerial which I now hook up out of reach, but he still finds it, then it doesn't function - loses time. This was supposed to be a new piece of sophisticated techie in my house. The black beastie/moggie so far ridicules my feeble attempts of updating anything. He does like to involve himself. ^_^:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He likes to hang on the thin dangly aerial which I now hook up out of reach,

Is it a thin wire dangly aerial, rather than a stiff rod that is fixed to the radio ? :D

Ban the cat from your room, or attach a 1000v charge to the aerial. He won't touch it again ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mired, once again, in the Bog of Allen! :D

I was stuck in a river bed at the time. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it a thin wire dangly aerial, rather than a stiff rod that is fixed to the radio ? :D

Ban the cat from your room, or attach a 1000v charge to the aerial. He won't touch it again ;-)

Yes, it's thin, dangly and plastic coated. The ideal cat toy, but he won't play with his own.

Thanks for your earnest advice of banning the four-footer from my room, however he thumps his paws on the door having tried it before. There's no peace for the wicked. :D
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you run on battery power you must either get through a lot of batteries !

Well its a good job, Cayce works on a farm, ( full of duracell bunnys ) (only Joking Cayce ) :D
This discussion has been closed.