Options

did BBC presenter upset Charles Aznavour?

iceolaiceola Posts: 1,316
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It seemed the BBC Breakfast presenter on thurday 15 October at 08:45am thought Charles Aznavour was playing with his mobile phone.
Although it was his hand held hearing aid.

Comments

• Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Ok, thanks.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, he wouldn't have upset him, because if Charles Asnovoice's hearing aid was faulty, he wouldn't have heard him anyway.
  • Options
    ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,856
    Forum Member
    Blimey I thought he'd been gone years!
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,024
    Forum Member
    Shrewn wrote: »
    Blimey I thought he'd been gone years!

It was deaf not death, get your ears syringed. :D
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the answer to the question No ?
  • Options
    VerrillionVerrillion Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Typical BBC to pick on and be nasty to disabled people. Next they will be picking on people for not buying a BBC licence and sending them nasty letters like the petty frogging trolls they are.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that too

was completely cringe worthy haha
  • Options
    NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Verrillion wrote: »
    Typical BBC to pick on and be nasty to disabled people. e.

Really, I thought the general concensus was that the BBC were so politically correct and certain to try and tick boxes that they'd never do anything like that.

More likely as I think has been said, the presenter didn't recognise what it was and thought it was some sort of handheld device, as unfortunately some people are incapable of putting down their phone etc even when in an interview or face to face conversation.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Metropol has noticed this thread by the way & mentioned on their Digital Spy Watch thread.

They've got nothing better to do as usual!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Metropol has noticed this thread by the way & mentioned on their Digital Spy Watch thread.

Oh- you mean this lot-

http://www.metropol247.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4775&sid=e084c069f6b5286019e603cb44c7e57a&start=451

Talking about other people behind their backs all day long- whilst making equally silly posts themselves.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member

:D
    That is mental. Another forum has an ongoing thread where they discuss what is said on DS.:confused:

The internet never fails to make me laugh.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Really, I thought the general concensus was that the BBC were so politically correct and certain to try and tick boxes that they'd never do anything like that.

More likely as I think has been said, the presenter didn't recognise what it was and thought it was some sort of handheld device, as unfortunately some people are incapable of putting down their phone etc even when in an interview or face to face conversation.

As always it's damned if they do and damned if they don't for the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is mental. Another forum has an ongoing thread where they discuss what is said on DS.:confused:

The irony of being slagged off on a thread on a forum which slagged threads like this off, because I slagged them off!

They only read what they want anyway.

Bunch of sad cases!

Thank god I left them & TvForum(another bunch of small minded people!)!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member

Oh dear, the clubcard brigade is at it again. When they're not moaning about TV Forum itself they go scouring the internet for something else to slag off! Would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, the clubcard brigade is at it again. When they're not moaning about TV Forum itself they go scouring the internet for something else to slag off! Would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

One of them used to spend his entire life downloading pictures of the same female regional weather presenters day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, and yet now he posts as if he is one of the morally and mentally superior ones.

• Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My sentiments entirely. :p
    The irony of being slagged off on a thread on a forum which slagged threads like this off, because I slagged them off!

They only read what they want anyway.

Bunch of sad cases!

Thank god I left them & TvForum(another bunch of small minded people!)!

I only came onto this topic to read about Charles Aznavour and got more than I bargained for! That Metropol site and thread gossiping about DS and its members was somewhat amusing. I see you got namechecked Westy. Well obviously my vanity made me have to check out if I had been in their sights in the past 3 years, not me, but they seemed to have a particular interest I noticed in trawling up opinion on a name I regularly see, Richardcoulter. He should be told as an urgent matter of public service! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone did try to set up a rival thread on here but it got canned by the mods, which I thought was rather unfair as they can slag us off but we couldnt slag them off.