Options

Waterloo Road - Favourite moments, Characters, storylines etc

2»

Comments

• Options
    benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    The son was awful but the rest were good.

I agree, I liked the Barry's.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    The son was awful but the rest were good.

Same here I liked Kacey and Dynasty didnt mind Carol but didn't like Barry at all
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my favourite WR scenes is the one where Bolton runs away from the army and ends up holding Grantly's class hostage. I remember crying when Grantly was talking about those men who had died whilst out fighting, and he was naming people he knew and how they died. It was really sad :(
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Loved the Janeece, Bolton, Paul era.

Fave character was Tom though.

Scotland ruined it for me.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Same here I liked Kacey and Dynasty didnt mind Carol but didn't like Barry at all

For some reason I couldn't warm to Kacey I didn't like her tbh. I agree though the son was awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Barry Barry! :D We spent loads of time in Health & Social Care in school talking about him (all of the girls used to fancy him) and our teacher used to let us watch Waterloo Road in that class also (apparently it was educational for the course or something!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Barry Barry! :D We spent loads of time in Health & Social Care in school talking about him (all of the girls used to fancy him) and our teacher used to let us watch Waterloo Road in that class also (apparently it was educational for the course or something!)

Many of my friends used to fancy Hector Reid. Wish the teachers would have let us watch it at my school.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When they introduced the Barry family it was like they were trying to copy the Kelley family in a way imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many of my friends used to fancy Hector Reid. Wish the teachers would have let us watch it at my school.

I did! :blush::D And Simon Lowsley was another talked about one. I don't get why they said it was educational, but we didn't question it.
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite character was Bex Fisher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did! :blush::D And Simon Lowsley was another talked about one. I don't get why they said it was educational, but we didn't question it.

I liked Simon myself wasn't so keen on Hector though. I didn't mind Hector with Nicki but found him annoying at times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ben96 wrote: »
    When they introduced the Barry family it was like they were trying to copy the Kelley family in a way imo.

I thought the same I much prefered the Kelly's even though I didn't mind the Barry's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »

I liked her too. I liked the Fisher family Jess was my favourite
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »

I liked Bex too, and even though Tina O' Brien was 28 at the time playing her, I thought she could pass for 17.
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my favourite WR scenes is the one where Bolton runs away from the army and ends up holding Grantly's class hostage. I remember crying when Grantly was talking about those men who had died whilst out fighting, and he was naming people he knew and how they died. It was really sad :(

That was an excellent scene.
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was an excellent scene.

Actually, didn't Grantly say he made the names up?
  • Options
    Alex_SullivanAlex_Sullivan Posts: 10,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben96 wrote: »
    I liked Bex too, and even though Tina O' Brien was 28 at the time playing her, I thought she could pass for 17.

Tina O'Brien probably gets asked for ID, even now. Whatever she has for breakfast, it's working.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A new channel 4 drama set in a secondary school starts next year, I wonder if it will live up to Waterloo Road?
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did wonder what made you such a layabout but here's the answer :p:D:o
  • Options
    Louis_BradyLouis_Brady Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabriella Wark!
    I wa surprised at how little screen time she received in season 10. I also enjoyed Laurie Brett as Ms Mulgrew far more than McBeale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edited 27/02/17 - 23:19 #47