Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who are too lazy to type Happy New Year and type "HNY" instead, as seen in some of the threads on this forum.
  • Options
    Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    People who are too lazy to type Happy New Year and type "HNY" instead, as seen in some of the threads on this forum.

IKWYM. :D
  • Options
    razorback Tonyrazorback Tony Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On a similar note, I've been in a very happy relationship for a while now, which seems to be getting better and better, her name is Deborah.
    In conversation with her I call her Deb, "Deb, do you want a coffee?, is that your phone ringing Deb?" etc
    If I write her name, like a Christmas card, I write Deborah, if I refer to her in writing to someone else I put 'Deborah and I will be in X for a drink, drop in if you're around.'
    I dislike hearing her called Debs, or seeing a message with her referred to as Debs, e.g., 'ask Debs to call me.'
    It doesn't annoy me intensely, but I don't like it.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundbox wrote: »
    On this vein, asking a woman who has her bag on the empty seat next to her on the busy train. I asked her could she move it please so my Dad could sit down. Her answer? Buzz off. He had to stand for half an hour and so I didn't think much of that.

I saw a woman in a similar situation one busy morning. A school kid (around 14-15) had his backpack on the seat next to him and there were no empty seats. A woman asked him to move it so an elderly woman could sit down. When he just gave her a dirty look she picked up the bag, threw it in the kid's face and said to the woman, "There's a seat for you love". It was a classic :D
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria Derbyshire
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,652
    Forum Member

Is that a new thing? It threw me at first until I realised what it was!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That recent thing about "throwing someone under a bus" when it doesn't actually mean that.
  • Options
    Wolfie_SmithWolfie_Smith Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    I saw a woman in a similar situation one busy morning. A school kid (around 14-15) had his backpack on the seat next to him and there were no empty seats. A woman asked him to move it so an elderly woman could sit down. When he just gave her a dirty look she picked up the bag, threw it in the kid's face and said to the woman, "There's a seat for you love". It was a classic :D

Brilliant, that's the kind of thing I do, hate people with no basic manners.

Must rub off on my children as well. I remember the time when my daughters were 4 & 5, and we were going through a very busy shopping centre, and they held a door open for a woman. She just breezed through without saying a word, quick as a flash, they both shouted "You're very welcome" at her. She went red, lowered her head and just kept going. The people standing nearby were just about wetting themselves laughing.
  • Options
    Tiger RagTiger Rag Posts: 6,559
    Forum Member
    Being on hold (and being cut off twice) to the DWP.

Good thing calls to them are free...
  • Options
    bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    Victoria Derbyshire

Why her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Victoria Derbyshire

Why is she "trivial"?
  • Options
    lybertynelybertyne Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't she steal Fi Glover's husband?
  • Options
    Harvey_SpecterHarvey_Specter Posts: 4,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lybertyne wrote: »
    Didn't she steal Fi Glover's husband?

Nah...
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you're about to get off the next stop and someone decides to sit next to you if there's an empty seat on the bus. I can always feel people's eyes rolling as they have to get up again to let me off.
  • Options
    Harvey_SpecterHarvey_Specter Posts: 4,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    As you're about to get off the next stop and someone decides to sit next to you if there's an empty seat on the bus. I can always feel people's eyes rolling as they have to get up again to let me off.

If it's bothering you, start sitting on the outside and get up to let someone 'in' if they would like the seat next to you.
  • Options
    Vinnie VegaVinnie Vega Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    12 hour timeslots on deliveries.
    Washing machine coming from Currys today timeslot 7am to 7pm.

Don't the guys doing the deliveries have their route planned before setting off ?

Useless turds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »

If that happens, I usually stand up then and suggest they sit at the window as I am getting off at the next stop - then I just sit on the aisle seat until the bus is almost at the stop.

Not that arduous. ;-) :D
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Why is she "trivial"?

Actually she's a lot worse than trivial, although Victoria is far from the only abhorrent journalist out there. I only pick her here because of her pathetic response to a question I once put to her.

Victoria's response to my question regarding the fact that the topic she was discussing on her show was only serving to make the problem worse was: It's my job as a journalist to discuss it. What a pathetic excuse for making matters worse! Basically it's her job and screw the consequences.

I won't reveal the subject matter. All you need to know is VD only cares about herself and ratings.
  • Options
    bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually she's a lot worse than trivial, although Victoria is far from the only abhorrent journalist out there. I only pick her here because of her pathetic response to a question I once put to her.

Victoria's response to my question regarding the fact that the topic she was discussing on her show was only serving to make the problem worse was: It's my job as a journalist to discuss it. What a pathetic excuse for making matters worse! Basically it's her job and screw the consequences.

I won't reveal the subject matter. All you need to know is VD only cares about herself and ratings.

Well it is her job to discuss difficult issues. Perhaps you should just retreat to your safe space.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointless.

I can't stand it. It's on every single day in life and I am sick to the back teeth of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    Pointless.

I can't stand it. It's on every single day in life and I am sick to the back teeth of it.

So why watch it? (I'm assuming you mean the TV show!)
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When singers have annoying habits (affectations?), like nodding their head, wagging a finger, winking at the camera, oversinging by fitting as many notes in as possible... :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    So why watch it? (I'm assuming you mean the TV show!)

I don't. It just seems that on the odd occasion that anyone in this house switches the TV on, bloody Pointless is on! >:(
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The weathermen/women referring to the 'Marled' weather. >:(>:(>:(>:(. It's mild for heaven's sake. Pronunciation - myuld.
  • Options
    alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    Pointless.

Well, I can't understand it. Every evening after dinner I sit down at 5.45pm to wait for the news, and it is on, of course. The contestants are gormless, Alexander Armstrong is gormless, and I shall never understand how a clearly clever bloke like Richard Osman became embroiled in this tat.

And I still can't get hold of the thrust of the game. Pointless!
This discussion has been closed.