Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
 

DS Forums

 
 
 

Wipe my ipod


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2006, 22:54
gazuk2002
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lancashire (Winter Hill)
Posts: 536

Hi,

I'm thinking about selling my old nano, since upgrading to the ipod video. How do I wipe all songs, photos etc off my nano so its as good as new?

Thanks
gazuk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-06-2006, 22:59
[placebo]
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,400
I have the iPod Shuffle so I'm guessing at this...

If you can't delete everything using the iPod itself, plug it into your computer, open up iTunes, select your iPod and all the files should be shown that you have on it. Click on 'edit' and 'select all' in the menu at the top of iTunes. Then just press your delete button and let eveything delete.

There may be a simpler way, but that's how I would do it.
[placebo] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 23:00
leeroybrownfors
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,636
Use the iPod updater software to do a factory reset.
leeroybrownfors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 23:04
[placebo]
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,400
Originally Posted by leeroybrownfors
Use the iPod updater software to do a factory reset.
Oh yes, I forgot that we had the Updater thing. Thanks for that
[placebo] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 00:01
njeo
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hazel Grove
Posts: 5,191
Presumably someone can connect the iPod to a PC and run a file recovery program to recover the deleted tracks... I'm selling my iPod on eBay and am also just about to format the iPod, but I bet someone will be able to recover the files!
njeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 00:27
[placebo]
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,400
Originally Posted by njeo
Presumably someone can connect the iPod to a PC and run a file recovery program to recover the deleted tracks... I'm selling my iPod on eBay and am also just about to format the iPod, but I bet someone will be able to recover the files!
I don't know if they would be able to, an iPod doesn't show up as a drive on the PC as it can only be done through iTunes can't it?
[placebo] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:18
Daveoc64
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bristol (BBC1 West)
Posts: 14,895
Originally Posted by Bert and Joe
I don't know if they would be able to, an iPod doesn't show up as a drive on the PC as it can only be done through iTunes can't it?
It will appear as a drive. It would be possible to recover the files, but do you really think your buyer would?
Daveoc64 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
 
Reply



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:07.