This is the original thread on kodi on there forum
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=236832

Thanks jcm193, I'll check it out.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icebergx wrote: »
    Please let me know how you get on with this. I live abroad and have access to my mate's Sky Go streaming service, but it doesn't play through my PS4 directly via DNS... Apparently Sky Go via DNS doesn't work on the PS3/4... It would be nice to access it, to be able to watch the odd boxset... Also, please let us know if the vpn can easily be switched on/off and regions changed depending on the content you want to access.

Thanks.

Using connectify on my pc and using the vpn on my pc my pc is a wifi hotspot my ps3 does connect to it no problem, not sure about skygo but no matter what vpn i use playstation vue is blocked.
    Sky may have something similar in place for SKYgo where it goes by location ip or something, i will let you know if i'm succesful with playstation vue via a vpn router.
    With the vpn software on my pc it is a case of click of the mouse to turn vpn on and off, also same to change regions too.
  • Options
    seankkseankk Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Does CTH Stadium from Thailand have an online pass service ?
  • Options
    jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seankk wrote: »
    Does CTH Stadium from Thailand have an online pass service ?

No not that ive seen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Is there a way to sign up to PLP without a debit card in your own name?

Such as virtual card or something?

Let me know what you guys have used.

PLP always works well even in popular games. NBC and Xfinity completely failed for Man C vs Chelsea for example.
  • Options
    RG101RG101 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Is there a way to sign up to PLP without a debit card in your own name?

Such as virtual card or something?

Let me know what you guys have used.

PLP always works well even in popular games. NBC and Xfinity completely failed for Man C vs Chelsea for example.

Yeah I used a virtual card for this season and the previous season along with using a VPN to view the games.

I signed up on the Taiwan site for the cheaper price, well worth it for me so far anyway.

I've been trying out the new PLP Kodi add on on a Minix android box, watching the Newcastle v Arsenal game and it's playing really well, sharp picture with no motion issues or buffering so far, I'm very impressed with it.
  • Options
    charliechaplincharliechaplin Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Hi guys, i have a NBC account, but on there website it says Spurs v Everton is on NBC, can i still watch it? its usually NBC live sports extra or NBC sports, i havent seen a match on just NBC.
    thx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys, i have a NBC account, but on there website it says Spurs v Everton is on NBC, can i still watch it? its usually NBC live sports extra or NBC sports, i havent seen a match on just NBC.
    thx

Yeah it happens every now and again some matches end up on NBC or even USA network, should be able to watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    Yeah it happens every now and again some matches end up on NBC or even USA network, should be able to watch it.

Thx gother, much appreciated.

one other thing, i had NBC sports live extra working on kodi, now its saying log in require captcha????? any idea guys? cant see a captcha to sign in.
  • Options
    mrinstallermrinstaller Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    A lot of Lag on bourn v Leic on nbc.
    Picture rate keeps dropping too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else suffering from buffering with PLP since the second half

Edit Seems to be ok now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of Lag on bourn v Leic on nbc.
    Picture rate keeps dropping too

Same on liverpool v west ham match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thx gother, much appreciated.

one other thing, i had NBC sports live extra working on kodi, now its saying log in require captcha????? any idea guys? cant see a captcha to sign in.

Might be in the addon settings go to system - addons - enabled addons - nbc sport and click the button on remote for addon settings the fire tv is the button with 3 lines on it next to home.
  • Options
    seankkseankk Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Plp buffering and loosing quality on smart tv app and on iPad airplay to atv.

Nbc working fine on atv.

What's the Xfinity service people are talking about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    Might be in the addon settings go to system - addons - enabled addons - nbc sport and click the button on remote for addon settings the fire tv is the button with 3 lines on it next to home.

Thx mate, trried that, still saying needs captcha :(

anyone know which NBC channel the Spurs game is on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kodi PLP add on not working very well for the Spurs game, lots of buffering this time, have had to switch to the web player, luckily it seems to be a smooth stream on it so far.
  • Options
    mrinstallermrinstaller Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    W10 app nbc fine for spurs Everton.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    RG101 wrote: »
    Kodi PLP add on not working very well for the Spurs game, lots of buffering this time, have had to switch to the web player, luckily it seems to be a smooth stream on it so far.

Strange. I tried it out Kodi PLP for the first time on that match and it worked flawlessly (Minix X5 - Android)..
    The quality actually seemed higher than when using the Android app as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dubrov1 wrote: »
    Strange. I tried it out Kodi PLP for the first time on that match and it worked flawlessly (Minix X5 - Android)..
    The quality actually seemed higher than when using the Android app as well.
    That`s because it is higher it takes the streams from the ipad upto 4500 kbps i believe android it limited to 1600kps,i also had some issues with buffering during the second half.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Kodi PLP add on is working fine for me today so far using my PC.

I watched replays of all yesterdays games using the add on, I skipped through them to see how well it works and they all played flawlessly with no buffering or any other issues.

Hoping the buffering problem I had watching the Spurs game yesterday evening was just a one off.
  • Options
    AndygozAndygoz Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Users of nbc sports live extra app on Apple TV and iPad using smart DNS , there are several videos under highlights that don't load for me, usually football related content eg men in Blazers highlights of prem games etc.

However live content, full replays of games, and highlights of practically every other sport load ok.

Anyone else had problems? Curious to see if it's a video issue or a issue with specific videos via DNS
  • Options
    crazycrazy Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Andygoz wrote: »
    Users of nbc sports live extra app on Apple TV and iPad using smart DNS , there are several videos under highlights that don't load for me, usually football related content eg men in Blazers highlights of prem games etc.

However live content, full replays of games, and highlights of practically every other sport load ok.

Anyone else had problems? Curious to see if it's a video issue or a issue with specific videos via DNS

I have exactly the same issue, I get a error loading content message. Using Smart DNS as well.
  • Options
    AndygozAndygoz Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    crazy wrote: »
    I have exactly the same issue, I get a error loading content message. Using Smart DNS as well.
    It's a strange one because 95% of the content live and full replays absolutely fine, just seems to be most of the soccer related highlights.
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the way Smart DNS works. It unblocks registered hosts and domains. If a stream is not on one of their whitelisted hosts, it won't unblock it. That is why it ignores all other traffic that isn't geoblocked.

If you really want those clips, contact your smart DNS provider, give a link (or name) and ask them to unblock them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazy wrote: »

I think it means that your dns provider has not unlocked that content out of interested what content can you not watch