marinamau wrote: »
    The question is now: who was the bottom of the public vote:
    Natalie
    Ashley
    Abbey
    Patrick
    Mark
    Ben

(Neither Susanna nor Sophie could mathematically be bottom of the public vote, most likely Sophie was top and Susanna nearby).

Just out of interest, where are you getting the 'most likely' that Sophie was top? Neither Susanna nor Sophie has been in the dance off so there's no voter evidence either way. Susanna is ahead of Sophie with the bookies, which would indicate that more of the general public's money is being placed on her.
    I'm not saying Sophie is not more popular than Susanna, I'm just curious to know what evidence you have for this assertion that she 'most likely' is.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    What a shame. Mark has been in the bottom two three times now it's clear the public don't want him there. Ben was actually the only one I enjoyed tonight.

Agreed. Ben must have screwed up his second dance.:(

Mark should have gone, but it'll hopefully be 4th time lucky next Saturday.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweetiecat wrote: »
    Yep ours were truly dire I I went to school in Yorkshire.
    Bottle green skirts and jumpers, white shirts, red and green striped ties and blazers and either red, green or white knee socks.
    It makes me shudder even thinking about it.

:) Mine too. I couldn't wear brown until about 15 years after leaving school :eek:
  • Options
    yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocking outcome - I like Mark but thought he was poor today. Ben's choreography was far more complex.

Maybe he upset Craig tonight?

Its more likely the judges heard Kristina complaining about last weeks marks on ITT. I thought she was pushing her luck a little when I watched her , she was very peeved about them .
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scarlotti wrote: »

Indeed.

k9fan wrote: »
    22:38 http://ukmediacentre.com/strictly/strictly-come-dancing-2013-eliminations/
    Week 9 – November 23rd/24th: – Ben Cohen & Kristina Rihanoff ~ (Bottom two with Mark Benton & Iveta Lukosiute).
  • Options
    lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges' decision wasn't unanimous. Len used his casting vote.
  • Options
    dmolyneaux@virgdmolyneaux@virg Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Ben must have screwed up his second dance.:(

Mark should have gone, but it'll hopefully be 4th time lucky next Saturday.

Been told Ben and Mark both messed up in dance off .

Kristina was heartbroken tonight
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lateone wrote: »
    The judges' decision wasn't unanimous. Len used his casting vote.

... For the second week running?

As I've said I suspect Mark is useful to keep, especially if he continues to take up a bottom two slot.
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Mark's currently tied for dance-off wins with Lisa Snowdon, John Barnes, and Heather Small. One more (lol) and he's got the record.

Thanks hun. The evil part of me is hoping that whoever is with him in the dance off next does mess up badly but in reality I would hate the flack he would get for surviving a fourth and becoming KING of the dance off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks for the spoilers. Hope we have a mole for next week.
    Not happy with the result and my OH will be even more unhappy so I will leave him in the dark until tomorrow night. :D

I had navy knickers with a pocket combined with lisle stockings or 3/4 socks. Navy tunic, white blouse and red and blue tie. Just missed the old gym slips though. Will be turning my 3 score years and ten at the end of the year but that is not how my mind thinks. In my mind I am still 20 at the most.:D
  • Options
    coastinbearcoastinbear Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    joh1965 wrote: »
    Yes that is true, I haven't seen the production myself but I believe a lot of it was literally the dance routine, what I was actually responding to was the posting about all the contestants having previous dance/performance experience, I don't really think a role in one musical includes that, and what about Abbie? She's a model (By the way I haven't voted for either Mark or Abbie this series)

The true irony is that some people call Natalie a ringer because of her dance training, but she has never performed as a professional dancer, but here we have Mark using a dance that he has been paid to perform in a major West End production. It still wasn't very good - I just hope he was better in Hairspray ;)
  • Options
    FoxyRoxiFoxyRoxi Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laptop Lil wrote: »
    Okay ladies whose going to own up :-

Who wore navy school knickers with elasticated legs, that was so tight it nearly cut your circulation off :D

mine used go baggy when the elastic gave out, and dad couldn't afford new ones not a good look in PE :o
  • Options
    CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yungathart wrote: »
    Its more likely the judges heard Kristina complaining about last weeks marks on ITT. I thought she was pushing her luck a little when I watched her , she was very peeved about them .

It doesn't do to upset the judges :(:(
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Awww poor Kristina :(:(:(
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a feeling they might want rid of Ben (and scoring him lowest certainly helped).

If he got to the final and the judges vote no longer counted then there's a chance he'd win (if he took his shirt off)..while Mark isn't a threat. Now they are guaranteed a strong dancer will win.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's a shame I have a soft spot for Kristina but he was not a contender really & she was being a bit delusional if she thought he was.
  • Options
    marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Oh god I hope not.

She was awful :eek: Sophie cannot dance latin. She is declining each week. Brendan also did not help her with that outburst. Like a sulky child. She would have been near top though due to the controversy.

If you read most of the threads in this forum you will see the majority disagreeing with you.

I personally don't rate her dancing very highly nor her performance ability, but I love her personality and I can see how cleverly Brendan is doing the choreo with the beautiful lines Sophie can do and heat up controversy. Well played Brendan.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems totally insane to me that they would get rid of Ben over Mark when Mark is in his third consecutive DO.

Unbelievable really...
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I've cast one of my votes Mark's way all through this competition - except for tonight. I just felt he seemed really ready to go, and wonder if he's glad to have won the dance off again. I hope he is, because he seems like a lovely bloke. I'd have preferred to see Ben for one more week, though.
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Goodman has used his casting vote to save Mark for the second week running?

Odd.
  • Options
    BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to see Ben go......:(

Have to cheer Sophie for declining to *use* her 3 children in the VT's that SCD loves so much.

And for refusing fake tan.
  • Options
    coastinbearcoastinbear Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    It seems totally insane to me that they would get rid of Ben over Mark when Mark is in this consecutive DO. Unbelievable.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what actually happened in the dance off. Sounds like there were some slip-ups. At least that'll make tomorrow's show fairly exciting to watch despite knowing the result!
  • Options
    LordsallyLordsally Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night, everyone! Thanks for the spoiler, and fun, and food! Loving your company, as ever x
  • Options
    joh1965joh1965 Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Callous wrote: »
    I had a feeling they might want rid of Ben (and scoring him lowest certainly helped).

If he got to the final and the judges vote no longer counted then there's a chance he'd win (if he took his shirt off)..while Mark isn't a threat. Now they are guaranteed a strong dancer will win.

Not if Mark keeps making it through
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For three weeks running the bottom two with the judges have also been the two in the dance-off.

Also, Ben joins the category of "sportsmen finishing bottom of the leaderboard with a Charleston and subsequently being eliminated" alongside Tony Jacklin and Peter Shilton. In fact, the only person who's ever come bottom with a Charleston and not been eliminated that week is Ann Widdecombe. There's a whole new statistic for you - which dances are the best and worst for survival in spite of finishing bottom?