Options

Draft bill on EU referendum published tomorrow.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    The fact I said "should make you eminently qualified", doesn't mean you are qualified in any way.

Indeed.
    allaorta wrote: »
    Now do you want to answer the point I made ...

Yes.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidMoe wrote: »
    I've read and reread that post and still can't quite grasp the point you are trying to make.

I may have been a tad glib with the Radio 5 comment but my objection to referendums (referenda?) still stands.

The vast majority of people in this country have absolutely no idea whether it would be better or worse for the UK to remain in Europe. As such, as with the AV referendum it will come down to which side comes out with the best leaflet rather than being based on the actual issue at hand.

Why we think it's a good idea to ask unqualified people for their opinion on such important matters is completely beyond me.

I agree wholeheartedly. There's not even a hint of a campaign in favour of our membership. They've surrendered to the sceptics to the point they daredn't even mention the subject.

And....you're being discriminatory against LBC listeners, who are in a whole bubble of their own!
  • Options
    Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    They've surrendered to the sceptics to the point they daredn't even mention the subject.

When the referendum campaign gets going, there will be. Expect the following to campaing to stay in the EU:
    • leaders of the three main political parties
    • SNP, PC and Northern Ireland parties
    • business folks like owners of EasyJet, Ryanair, Vodafone UK, Tesco
    • Various Eddie Izzard type celebrities and Alan Sugar