Options

Beyonce's Mrs Carter tour 2014

124»

Comments

• Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went last night!! She was absolutely fantastic!! The highlight for me was Drunk In Love which Jay Z came out for. Also Haunted, Blow, Partition. In fact, the crowd seemed to go crazy for her new stuff rather than the old hits!! Crazy In Love, Single Ladies and the other couple of hits that she done were shortened down...especially Crazy In Love...she only done about 60 seconds of that. I'm actually so glad she done that. I love Crazy In Love etc, but I don't actually think the crowd would have missed it if she hadn't performed it. The new album works so well live!!! I would have liked Pretty Hurts and Jealous. I'm very surprised she didn't do Pretty Hurts considering it's the first song on the album, but I'm guessing she'll perform it on another date.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,051
    Forum Member
    ^
    My friend saw her last night too and said that she was fantastic. :)

Glad that you enjoyed the show.
  • Options
    da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad everyone enjoyed it.

Still waiting for Mike's review :D
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    da3bool wrote: »
    Glad everyone enjoyed it.

Still waiting for Mike's review :D

Ah man I went twice, on Tuesday and Thursday, and wow she was AMAZING!!! The 13 hour waits were 100% worth it

I couldn't believe I got to touch her 3 times and she held my hand on Tuesday, and then on Thursday she held my hand again. It's a sign ;-).

I loved her performances of Bow Down, Yoncé and Flawless and all her dance routines for them. Why Don't You Love Me was a stand out too. It's never been one of my favourites from her buy she KILLS it live. I love it when she stand for like 2 minutes just singing and using her voice in different ways. Amazing Vocals.

I love when she does the dance routine with the chair in Partition, that got everyone hyped. Another stand out was Drunk In Love. That's definitely going to remain a fan favourite, we all went made when that came on. She looks so happy when at the end when she hugs Jay-Z and sings it. Blow was great to, really funny when she had the pack man eating those cherries ;-).

I loved so much about that show and was sad every time it ended. I've said before but she is the best live performer there is at the moment. You can question whether you like her songs or not, but can't question her talent. There's a reason why she's been in industry as long as she has, earned the respect from so many people and is still outdoing herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Ah man I went twice, on Tuesday and Thursday, and wow she was AMAZING!!! The 13 hour waits were 100% worth it

I couldn't believe I got to touch her 3 times and she held my hand on Tuesday, and then on Thursday she held my hand again. It's a sign ;-).

I loved her performances of Bow Down, Yoncé and Flawless and all her dance routines for them. Why Don't You Love Me was a stand out too. It's never been one of my favourites from her buy she KILLS it live. I love it when she stand for like 2 minutes just singing and using her voice in different ways. Amazing Vocals.

I love when she does the dance routine with the chair in Partition, that got everyone hyped. Another stand out was Drunk In Love. That's definitely going to remain a fan favourite, we all went made when that came on. She looks so happy when at the end when she hugs Jay-Z and sings it. Blow was great to, really funny when she had the pack man eating those cherries ;-).

I loved so much about that show and was sad every time it ended. I've said before but she is the best live performer there is at the moment. You can question whether you like her songs or not, but can't question her talent. There's a reason why she's been in industry as long as she has, earned the respect from so many people and is still outdoing herself.

I agree with your review. She was outstanding. I noticed you didn't mention any of her hits/old stuff. I think it's interesting that she no longer needs Crazy In Love, Single Ladies etc. Obviously she'll still do them as they're hits and fan favourites, but at one time they were the heart of the show, bit that no longer needs to be the case anymore. When I saw her on Wednrsday the crowd went more wild for her new stuff than for the hits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with your review. She was outstanding. I noticed you didn't mention any of her hits/old stuff. I think it's interesting that she no longer needs Crazy In Love, Single Ladies etc. Obviously she'll still do them as they're hits and fan favourites, but at one time they were the heart of the show, bit that no longer needs to be the case anymore. When I saw her on Wednrsday the crowd went more wild for her new stuff than for the hits.

Oh that's one I forgot to mention. I could go on about all the songs but didn't want to make it too long lol. Crazy In Love is one of my favourites from her, and would've loved it if she performed the full version. To be honest it didn't matter to much because I loved everything else she done.

I was surprised she left out If I Were A Boy. I didn't realise until I was on the way out. Didn't mind though, coz I'm not that keen on the version she done last year. I'd probably take out Naughty Girl now though, I mean End Of Time should've been in it's place or something.

It was sad when she sung Heaven though, coz when she walked back to the main stage I could see tear in her eyes. I could see people around me crying. It was nice singing XO after that as it lifted the mood for everyone.

I can't wait till we get the DVD of the tour. She always puts on the best shows. Her band are amazing and so is everyone involved. I just hope it's not too long till we get to see her again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Oh that's one I forgot to mention. I could go on about all the songs but didn't want to make it too long lol. Crazy In Love is one of my favourites from her, and would've loved it if she performed the full version. To be honest it didn't matter to much because I loved everything else she done.

I was surprised she left out If I Were A Boy. I didn't realise until I was on the way out. Didn't mind though, coz I'm not that keen on the version she done last year. I'd probably take out Naughty Girl now though, I mean End Of Time should've been in it's place or something.

It was sad when she sung Heaven though, coz when she walked back to the main stage I could see tear in her eyes. I could see people around me crying. It was nice singing XO after that as it lifted the mood for everyone.

I can't wait till we get the DVD of the tour. She always puts on the best shows. Her band are amazing and so is everyone involved. I just hope it's not too long till we get to see her again.

I'm worried about the DVD!!! I was looking forward to the Revel DVD for ages but I find it unwatchable because of the way it's been edited and put together...it doesn't flow very well and she cut so many songs out of it. With the Mrs Carter Tour DVD she's going to have to leave out so many songs...I suspect she'll cut Schoolin Life, Resentment, Grown Woman, Flawd And All amongst others. She's going to obviously need to favour the new album and the songs from 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm worried about the DVD!!! I was looking forward to the Revel DVD for ages but I find it unwatchable because of the way it's been edited and put together...it doesn't flow very well and she cut so many songs out of it. With the Mrs Carter Tour DVD she's going to have to leave out so many songs...I suspect she'll cut Schoolin Life, Resentment, Grown Woman, Flawd And All amongst others. She's going to obviously need to favour the new album and the songs from 4.

Yeah she didn't perform any of those songs mentioned on the 2 dates I saw her. I don't know if she done them at any other show as I avoided any spoilers, but maybr that's sign they might not make the cut.

I'd like them to make it apart from Flaws And All because I haven't got any of them on DVD (I never got the Life Is But A Dream DVD).

Technically she could have all the songs on the DVD, I know that it may be long, but surely it's mainly hardcore fans who buy these kinda things, so I'd guess the more performances the better.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I went on Thursday she was out of this world she's such an amazing performer she also held my hand twice :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    I went on Thursday she was out of this world she's such an amazing performer she also held my hand twice :D.

Ah that's cool. Where abouts were you standing? I've been showing people the vids and man I had such a great time. She's best performer out at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what's next?! The last date of the tour is next Thursday. No dates have been announced for the U.S. She'll surely take the new album on tour in the U.S too?! I think she'll take the tour to the U.S around August time. I think she'll use May, June and July to maybe promote the album on tv etc...Good Morning America and other shows will have their tv summer concerts coming up. The album has done incredibly well and she's not really perfomed any of the tracks apart from on tour. She must be aware that with a bit of tv promotion it would sell even more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder what's next?! The last date of the tour is next Thursday. No dates have been announced for the U.S. She'll surely take the new album on tour in the U.S too?! I think she'll take the tour to the U.S around August time. I think she'll use May, June and July to maybe promote the album on tv etc...Good Morning America and other shows will have their tv summer concerts coming up. The album has done incredibly well and she's not really perfomed any of the tracks apart from on tour. She must be aware that with a bit of tv promotion it would sell even more.

Yeah I hope she does some TV promo to keep the album selling. It's done so well so far, she needs to keep the momentum up.

Whenever I think about the concert it makes me smile. Was such greats nights :)