Options

Tracy Beaker Returns: JANUARY 8TH

Comments

• Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG Neomysterio it was a perfect ending :cry: That was very INTENSE and emotional I loved every minute of it man it really got me and when she left there were floods of tears, references to TSOTB, dramatic scenes man that was so heart-warming but now it's over....Goodbye Tracy Beaker :( my childhood is now over...I can't wait for the new DG series which is commnig soon and filming starst this june. iIfyou've missed then I won't spoil it for you just make sure you watch the repeats tomorrow on CBBC at 12 or Sunday at 10am man I was so close to crying ;A; it was still very emotional please I warn you get YOUR tissues ready! I didn't prepare and I nearly broke down haha....so message to all the others who watched it what did you guys think of it? I thought it was amazing I'm so sad to see Tracy go she's a brilliant character so that's it :( I wish Dani the best of luck for future roles I'll look forward to her new series of Dani's House I just wished she stayed a bit longer as Beaker since she's not doing anything at the moment so THAT's it guys! also Tracy Beaker was trending on Twitter AGAIN 2 times in a row a day :) man I can't believe I nearly cried it actually crushed me that she was leaving :cry:

Goodbye Tracy Beaker the DG won't be the same without you :(
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got it taped and I'm so stoked to watch it, will be watching in about an hour! Thanks for so much for the review Ringo! Got a feeling I may be crying!
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Tracey already! :cry:
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benwho wrote: »
    brilliant news that cbbc will continue the story after tracy leaves with a brand new series i hope that the cast wont change too much if they film in june could it be on tv before the end of the year
    they always film it then so i imagine that it will be this time next year
  • Options
    beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got it taped and I'm so stoked to watch it, will be watching in about an hour! Thanks for so much for the review Ringo! Got a feeling I may be crying!
    Let me know what you think of the episode I promise you it's pretty intense and sad :( hope you enjoy watching and jsut incase get the tissues ready :)
    I miss Tracey already! :cry:

Me too :cry::(:cry::( the DG won't be the same without her :cry:
    beatrice39 wrote: »
    great episode.

It was AMAZING :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Tracey to come back already! :cry::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    The first half of the episode was slightly disjointed in my opinion. It didn't give enough background into why Tracy was leaving. It started straight with the goodbye party. Melanie was annoying lol. Everyone was there except Liam, which was a shame.

But the second half was brilliant. So emotional. I loved loved loved the scene between Tracy and Mike at the end when Tracy sat up all night in the window. I also loved the speech she gave to the kids, saying how amazing it was having watched them grow up and that she wouldn't have missed it for the world.

The thing is we've all watched the kids grow up and it's a real shame that it's the end of Tracy Beaker. She was a brilliant character from day one and it's hard to picture the Dumping Ground without her.

Wouldn't it be amazing if all Dumping Grounds were like this in reality? If kids truly felt they belonged and made such strong family bonds. If care home kids never wanted to leave?

I think that is one of the saddest things actually. I wish all care homes could have a "Mike" and a "Tracy".

I will watch the new series of the Dumping Ground. I really hope it's well done, although I don't think it'll reach the heights that Tracy Beaker Returns will.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Really didn't like the episode, and a shame they trod over the greatness of the original series with some cliched dialogue - "you were always like a father to me" yeah we know that, we don't need her to say it out loud, it just felt forced, especially when we don't even have a reason for her to leave anyway - why has she got a new job?

Tracy Beaker Returns started off well but I think it's just descended into melodrama - this episode hardly had a plot and there was no reason for Tracy to leave. Everyone knew Mike wouldn't die and yes it gave them a reason to reinforce Tracy and Mike's relationship, it was just silly. They should have made more of the Tracy vs. Melanie storyline instead.

Every episode of the original was a classic - well it went a bit off track in series 5 when they changed the composer and it just felt a bit "cheaper." The editing in TBR seems to be quite rushed a lot of the time, like in the pre-titles the "cliffhanger" that leads into the titles is really underplayed and there's a lot of moments that should be significant "events" that are just sped through really quickly.

But the icing on the cake really is that they're still pretending that Elm Tree is the same house Tracy went to 10 years ago, when they made it clear in earlier series when they had moved. "Remember when I used to sit here for hours on end" - ridiculous, who are you kidding!

And for everyone worried that it won't be as good when Tracy leaves, it's going to be exactly the same just without Tracy, who I haven't really felt is the same character, I just see her as Dani Harmer now. They should have just carried on without her in the first place.

I don't know why people are upset either cos there was no reason for her to leave, in theory she could just pop back anytime, there was no significant arc to her character, this episode didn't tie up any loose ends, she's just gone, it's just didn't have any emotional resonance at all, they could've at least built in a leaving storyline over the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRILLIANT NEWS - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a372960/tracy-beaker-returns-bows-out-with-high-ratings-for-cbbc.html HAHA! :D

I want Tracey to come back already! :cry::cry:

Me too :cry::( though we were never told why she was leaving maybe to move on but was her new job like? ;eek: come back TRACY the DG NEEDS YOU :(
    The first half of the episode was slightly disjointed in my opinion. It didn't give enough background into why Tracy was leaving. It started straight with the goodbye party. Melanie was annoying lol. Everyone was there except Liam, which was a shame.

But the second half was brilliant. So emotional. I loved loved loved the scene between Tracy and Mike at the end when Tracy sat up all night in the window. I also loved the speech she gave to the kids, saying how amazing it was having watched them grow up and that she wouldn't have missed it for the world.

The thing is we've all watched the kids grow up and it's a real shame that it's the end of Tracy Beaker. She was a brilliant character from day one and it's hard to picture the Dumping Ground without her.

Wouldn't it be amazing if all Dumping Grounds were like this in reality? If kids truly felt they belonged and made such strong family bonds. If care home kids never wanted to leave?

I think that is one of the saddest things actually. I wish all care homes could have a "Mike" and a "Tracy".

I will watch the new series of the Dumping Ground. I really hope it's well done, although I don't think it'll reach the heights that Tracy Beaker Returns will.

Yeah it's a shame Liam and Toby weren't there but I think I understand why because they wanted it to focus more on Tracy but like I said before they never explained what her new job was and why she decided to leave so soon right now...I was hoping she would make an announcement but then it jsut started with the party :confused: I also can't for the DG to return just hope the cast doesn't change too much keep most of the characters or even better all then introduce new ones later in the show
    banterino wrote: »
    Really didn't like the episode, and a shame they trod over the greatness of the original series with some cliched dialogue - "you were always like a father to me" yeah we know that, we don't need her to say it out loud, it just felt forced, especially when we don't even have a reason for her to leave anyway - why has she got a new job?

Tracy Beaker Returns started off well but I think it's just descended into melodrama - this episode hardly had a plot and there was no reason for Tracy to leave. Everyone knew Mike wouldn't die and yes it gave them a reason to reinforce Tracy and Mike's relationship, it was just silly. They should have made more of the Tracy vs. Melanie storyline instead.

Every episode of the original was a classic - well it went a bit off track in series 5 when they changed the composer and it just felt a bit "cheaper." The editing in TBR seems to be quite rushed a lot of the time, like in the pre-titles the "cliffhanger" that leads into the titles is really underplayed and there's a lot of moments that should be significant "events" that are just sped through really quickly.

But the icing on the cake really is that they're still pretending that Elm Tree is the same house Tracy went to 10 years ago, when they made it clear in earlier series when they had moved. "Remember when I used to sit here for hours on end" - ridiculous, who are you kidding!

And for everyone worried that it won't be as good when Tracy leaves, it's going to be exactly the same just without Tracy, who I haven't really felt is the same character, I just see her as Dani Harmer now. They should have just carried on without her in the first place.

I don't know why people are upset either cos there was no reason for her to leave, in theory she could just pop back anytime, there was no significant arc to her character, this episode didn't tie up any loose ends, she's just gone, it's just didn't have any emotional resonance at all, they could've at least built in a leaving storyline over the series.

Yeah from series 1-3 Tracy was in Stowey hosue then in series 4 when she got fostered in the movie all the other kids moved to Cliffside then moved to Elmtree in series 5 and Tracy was only there for a few months till she got adopted by Gary & Cam. That's pretty confusing unless Stowey House was rebuild and renamed then I would understand but it hasn't been confirmed :confused: I still think it won't be the same without Tracy it's empty most of the time without her not being there for the kids, voicing her opinions and plotting plans that's just the spark the character has and I love that about Tracy :) also when she used to be fiesty, bold and strong as a child. Still I'm looking forward to the new series of The Dumping Ground we can know a bit more about other characters even though it will be empty without the main character I'm still excited about it and I hope the cast doesn't chage either. I still thoguht the final episode was brilliant even though some things weren't explained it was AMAZING Is till lovee Tracy & Mike's relationship and it was ncie for Tracy welcoming Melanie at the end also a final appearance from Seth & Cam :) (though they made less appearances in this series I preferred them in series 2 when they were used more and part of storylines).
  • Options
    lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Admittedly, I did shed a tear or two. I grew up watching Tracy Beaker so this was pretty emotional for me. I imagined the last episode of Tracy Beaker as the end but this gave the closure the show/character needed.
  • Options
    flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    banterino wrote: »

Making out it's the same house is something which has annoyed me with Tracy Beaker Reurns. In one of the original series they buried a time capsule yet in series 3 of TBR the time capsule was dug up by the kids despite the fact it was buried in a different house!
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has grown up watching this, I shed a few tears :(
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Tracy has to move to a new job to give her wider experience. As a qualified care worker she could be needed somewhere else. In Story Of Tracy Beaker the care workers moved around all the time. Nathan also moved on once he qualified. I loved the end where Tracy was tucking them all in, with Shadow in Carmen's bed and poor little Jody still sleeping under the bed, because she most likely sexually abused and that makes her feel safe. The allergic reaction shows she did not get many cakes because she had not idea of her allergy. Electra was well and truely nasty too.
    I also noticed that Melaine was played by Emily Glenister the daughter of Robert Glenister and Amanda Redman.
  • Options
    Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    I think Tracy has to move to a new job to give her wider experience. As a qualified care worker she could be needed somewhere else. In Story Of Tracy Beaker the care workers moved around all the time. Nathan also moved on once he qualified. I loved the end where Tracy was tucking them all in, with Shadow in Carmen's bed and poor little Jody still sleeping under the bed, because she most likely sexually abused and that makes her feel safe. The allergic reaction shows she did not get many cakes because she had not idea of her allergy. Electra was well and truely nasty too.
    I also noticed that Melaine was played by Emily Glenister the daughter of Robert Glenister and Amanda Redman.

He was still there for another series after he qualified.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So guys which series of Tracy Beaker Returns do you think was the best and which one was your least favourite? or did anyone of you like/love them all? Personally I loved all 3 series.

I thought the first series was very refreshing, heart-warming, how they introduced new characters who all had different backgrounds, dark pasts and different personalities, how some of the kids made friends with each other, how we had more "grown up" storylines, the emotions Tracy went through in the last episode and how everyone grew to like Tracy as a care worker. I'd give it an 8/10 it was very uplifting and quite emotional at times too. :)

As for the second series...WOW I thought it was amazing, very powerful, intense, heart-breaking and unique. We saw a more darker side to some characters, shocking and violent scenes like Lily falling off the roof, Carmen falling on the bridge and Johnny & Carmen fighting each other, Tracy sparking a relationship with band member Seth. Also new characters like Ade, Dayo and Elektra entering Elm Tree House, they also had dark pasts (like Elektra getting beat up at her past care homes, being in a gang called the Cobras with her friend Kali, Ade and Dayo's parents being killed by men with guns in their village). The episode with Tee being fostered without Johnny was emotional too and when Lily encountered her father at the shopping centre then she eventually moved back in with him after being fostered by Cam. Also Frank's granddad dying and Tracy learning to be independent by having Cam's flat to herself as Cam was staying in America for 6 months but she found it too hard, we saw a more "Grown up" Tracy Beaker and it was very heart-warming ending to the second series, I'd give it a 9/10.

The Third series (current series which ended 3 weeks ago) was also good too, very dramatic. At first I wasn't too sure about the addition of new characters but now I've grown to like the characters Tyler and Rick, Lizanne was terrible though and as for Kitty...I kinda wish they had here in for more episodes because it seems that character had a violent past and I wish they could of tried to explored that after we saw scenes where she was scared of the fireworks then pushed Tee as she was trying to comfort her and then later she pushed Tracy down the stairs after she touched Kitty, though she seemed more safe with Rick. The premiere was very intense, Dennis was so mean but I'm glad he was exposed in the end, I like how Carmen and Rick have grown to like each other I think they do have feelings :) Carmen seemed more violent and mean to in this series but I'd say it's probably because of Burnywood and Elektra. i have to say I did miss Toby and Liam leaving was unexpected, I wish they were both in the last episode. I thought the episode when Justine returned was one of the best for this series (though I remember in the final ep of series 3 of The Story of Tracy Beaker...Tracy and Justine sorted out their differences, they made up and hugged, they were no longer enemies, they became friends and in the last series of TSOTB (series 5)...Tracy and Justin didn't fight with each other, they were actually friends and even the very last episode proves that they were no longer enemies). So I don't understand why Tracy was so angry , jealous and upset...did past feelings come rushing back? because I thought they settled their differences...but after 6 years looks like they are now friends...again :rolleyes: I liked how Harry final got to shien in episode 6...where he started questioning Mike and Gina, wondering where hsi real mum was and Carmen was so mean to him :(

I like how Lily has respite care in this series (and the last episode of series 2), also seeing how Sapphire was holding up in her new flat but I'm glad she returned in episode 10 and the new character, Jody...she really had it rough and you could tell she had been abused as she didn't like water. The Whodunit episodes were good, I really liked them especially the powercut one very intense and spooky but they did a bit too much of them for this series. Despite that I love the references to old episodes of TBR and even TSOTB, I like how Johnny's not too aggresive with others anymore (though hanging out with Elektra has made him slightly cocky and more rude). My favourite episodes were 1,2,3,4,7,9 and 13. The final episode was very emotional and sad, it was a brilliant episode though I wish they didn't start with the leaving party and Melanie suddenly intruding, it should of been more focused on Tracy but despite that it was a perfect finale...I loved the scenes with Tracy tucking the kids into bed, Finishing her speech while everyone was listening, the scenes with Tracy and Sapphire and the final scenes with Tracy and Mike...I nearly cried after everything they've been through, it was such a shame Liam and Toby weren't in that episode though, I'd give this series a 9/10

There's just one thing that's really bothered me...when everyone acts like Tracy grew up in Elm Tree House but she didn't. She also acted like her mum never came back for her but she did, (I guess it's probably because it brought back sad memories).

When Tracy said in the last episode "Do you remember when I used to sit here for hours on end" :rolleyes: and when they dug up the Time Capsule that was buried In The Story Of Tracy Beaker, that was a bit of an error because back when Tracy was in care and Shelly was the head careworker they buried it in Stowey House.

Here's the episode--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0boJa1QHjoo

Tracy was at Stowey House in The Story Of Tracy Beaker from Series 1-3 then they moved to CLIFFSIDE house in series 4 (of course Tracy didn't stay there because Cam fostered her in the Movie)
    See here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIXPYSo5ERI

They then moved to Elm Tree House in Series 5 (The last series of The Story Of Tracy Beaker) Tracy returned in episode 4 and moved in after things didn't work out with Cam....again. However Justine returned in the first episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ff6PxVSGOs

This is just the only small thing that really bothered me but what I love about TBR is about how it's more grown up , focused on characters and it has realistic and fresh storylines... I like how all the characters had central episodes throughout all 3 series except for Gus but just if you want to know mroe about Gus then I'll tell you though I'm not entirely sure if this is true but it's been said on a CBBC extra special that Gus was put in care because his parents couldn't cope with him having aspgers, apparently they abused him which led him to being put in care which is really sad.

I'm looking forward to The Dumping Ground, like I said before I really hope the cast doesn't change too much, I also want Mike and Gina to stay for the new spin-off (Connor who plays Mike said on twitter some of the cast of TBR will return but of course Tracy won't be in it) :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and it's likely Melanie will return too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got some great news for you guys....
    Mike Milligan will be staying in The Dumping Ground. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I've got some great news for you guys....
    Mike Milligan will be staying in The Dumping Ground. :)

Oh thank the Lord.
    Will Gina?
  • Options
    Onairrightaway097Onairrightaway097 Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know if series 2 & 3 are going to be released on DVD? I purposely didn't watch the latter 2 hoping that they would be!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know if series 2 & 3 are going to be released on DVD? I purposely didn't watch the latter 2 hoping that they would be!

I don't know if this is true but according to Wiki

Series 2 will be released later in the summer this year in August 22nd and Series 3 will be released on the 19th November
  • Options
    Onairrightaway097Onairrightaway097 Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I don't know if this is true but according to Wiki

Series 2 will be released later in the summer this year in August 22nd and Series 3 will be released on the 19th November

I can't seem to find that information anywhere :( I hope they do come out, the BBC have a bad track record for DVD releases!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thank the Lord.
    Will Gina?

I honestly don't know, not much has been confirmed, it's likely she will stay along with Melanie but I'm not too sure, hopefully she will because I like her as a careworker. Despite that, I can also tell you that most of the kids will be returning too which I think is also very good news (if not most then possibly all of them). So the cast won't be changing too much :)
    I can't seem to find that information anywhere :( I hope they do come out, the BBC have a bad track record for DVD releases!

That's true, they really do but in the meantime you can try and watch some episodes on BBC Iplayer, For now only the first series of Tracy Beaker Returns is now on DVD, I would of expected the second and third series to come on DVD around June/July but I'm not sure.

I know Wiki isn't a reliable source but apparently that's when the series 2 and 3 are being released on DVD, it might not be true though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tracy_Beaker_Returns_episodes#Series_overview
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *BUMP*
    Mike, Gina and Elektra and they will be returning to The Dumping Ground (Connor who plays Mike confirmed this on twitter), it is unknown if other characters will though, filming starts this June and it will air next year in January
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ that's good! can someone please explain to me why the person who played Liam decided to leave the show? and so randomly?