The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    No never :eek:
    He may just have added something
    A bit more healthy
    I hope:)

Avocado?:D
    Bananaaaaaaaaa"s :p

That too:p
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Bananaaaaaaaaa"s :p
    bblover wrote: »

Good carbs for health
    And some good fat in the avo too :D
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    bblover wrote: »

That too:p

No thats what i think of you Bananaaaaaa's :p

but milk is good to :D
    Forum Member
    your not going on and on
    they are all very normal worries
    and they will still drop in
    i,m sure
    pleased you got to spend the day
    with your daughter
    but no to the Maccy ds

and if you need to chat
    we are here or pm :D

Thanks - truly :)
    Forum Member

Wholemeal pitta is tasty with peanut butter.....:cool:
    Forum Member
    Good carbs for health
    And some good fat in the avo too :D

He can ask us for advice,anytime:cool::D

I like bananaaaaaa's:p:D

He loves milk
    Forum Member
    Thanks - truly :)

my pleasure ;)
    always lindy loo :D
    Forum Member
    Well thats me
    got to get my angel ready for college tomorrow :D

Goodnight bblover,lindy and the jjat

back tomorrow
    Georgyx :p
    Forum Member
    Well thats me

back tomorrow

Goodnight georgy
    Hope the college course is going well

Lindy xx
    Forum Member
    Well thats me

back tomorrow

Night night.xxx:)
    Forum Member
    Night all xx
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    They've only seen the internet details
    And they do like it
    No-one couldn't, really :rolleyes:

You're right
    The upheaval is getting me down
    That and moving
    Further away from the girls :(

I don't think they have any idea
    How upset I am about it :cry::cry:

Lindy - congratulations on the house. Upheaval, change is always difficult.

As for moving further away from the girls - it may just be a good thing for you They will still visit, they will still call you - they are still in the UK. Hard as it is you must look on the bright side. When you get to a certain age (I should know) - you just don't think you will have new challenges or experiences in life. Look at all the positives - you found somewhere nice to live, you will have more time with your o/h, the girls will still visit and call you and it's a new experience and challenge for you - getting to know new people, finding out what is around the area.

Please, please look at this move positively. I hate to see you upset.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Someone mentioned a party - for John, Olympics, Queen's Jubilee - or Lindy's housewarming?

Do we need the cheerleading squad again? If not, I'm happy to make some canapes and throw in a bottle of champagne.

Frost has killed some of my tulips - they have such floppy little heads.

Must go, hubby off to work.

Be positive Lindy - it's a bright new day.
    Forum Member
    Goodnight georgy
    Hope the college course is going well

Lindy xx

Its going very well for him

its a life skills course,
    aimed at independent living
    washing, cooking , shopping all the basic life skills :D

Good Morning to the JJat
    hope all are well
    georgyx :p
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its going very well for him

its a life skills course,
    aimed at independent living
    washing, cooking , shopping all the basic life skills :D

Good Morning to the JJat
    hope all are well
    georgyx :p

Sounds like what they do at Laura's school once they reach a certain age - they don't leave school until they are 19. They have an apartment there where they learn things - independence living skills, all that sort of thing :)
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've only seen the internet details
    And they do like it
    No-one couldn't, really :rolleyes:

You're right
    The upheaval is getting me down
    That and moving
    Further away from the girls :(

I don't think they have any idea
    How upset I am about it :cry::cry:

Good luck with the house Lindy. BIB Think of me and you will be fine.How far away am I from my Mum?
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much everyone, for your posts and PM's

I really am sorry to be such a pain - I am not usually like this, honest! :o

Anyway this is just to let you know that I have withdrawn our offer on the 'lovely house, wrong position'. At the end of the day I believe that location is the most important thing, and pergolas, patios and Poggenpohl kitchens can't be any substitute for people ;)

Nyannie and ucra, I feel for you living so far from home, and take your thoughts on board - and yours, kay, georgy, marion and bblover. What a fantastic group of people you are - and anyone else I've missed. :)

I'll hope to cheer up now - the right place is out there somewhere!!

With love,

Lindy xx :)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anyway this is just to let you know that I have withdrawn our offer on the 'lovely house, wrong position'. At the end of the day I believe that location is the most important thing, and pergolas, patios and Poggenpohl kitchens can't be any substitute for people ;)

Nyannie and ucra, I feel for you living so far from home, and take your thoughts on board - and yours, kay, georgy, marion and bblover. What a fantastic group of people you are - and anyone else I've missed. :)

With love,

It may not be PC to say so, but I'm really glad you did! I PM'd Kay earlier saying I was worried about you, cause my Mum moved to a house with Dad and she can't drive, now she's stuck with a man losing his marbles and can't get to the nearest town as there's a bus once a week only. She hates it.

So I'm glad you've re-thought; you really need to be happy, so I am glad... and I should have PM'd that myself :o

edit: and I'm also glad you shared your worries with us; I've done it enough times myself here on DS, it really does help :)
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    It may not be PC to say so, but I'm really glad you did! I PM'd Kay earlier saying I was worried about you, cause my Mum moved to a house with Dad and she can't drive, now she's stuck with a man losing his marbles and can't get to the nearest town as there's a bus once a week only. She hates it.

So I'm glad you've re-thought; you really need to be happy, so I am glad... and I should have PM'd that myself :o

edit: and I'm also glad you shared your worries with us; I've done it enough times myself here on DS, it really does help :)

Thanks Ali :)
    It's great to have friends on here who are quite neutral (and often anonymous as well !! :p). Makes it easier to air the issues, I think. Sorry to hear about your mum, I guess she can't really move again now, can she?? What a way to live....I do hope things somehow improve for her :)
    Thanks again - and do continue to share your own worries if needed x
    Lindy x
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With love,

BIB Very wise Lindyxx
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Thank you georgy
    You are lovely xx

I guess this was prompted by
    Daughter no 2 calling round today
    We went and bought her a coat
    Then popped to Argos and Homebase
    For mops and buckets
    And things like that
    And finished off
    With a Maccy D :D:D

Oh and then looked at her docs
    For her appraisal at work
    Next week

It's the spontaneity I'll miss

It'll be much harder
    To do stuff like that

I've never moved away from them before
    It's always been them
    Making the moves ;)

Sorry to go on...and on :o
    And it's not exactly
    On topic :o

its so hard sometimes being a mum...there is always something you feel a failure for!!!:p trouble is once they get to a certain age, they need to be independent of you, yet will still need you, so its hard to find a good balance that suits both them and you....:confused:

with mine at uni and being 22 and 19, I really sympathise....Im trying to change and not to just think of them as my little babies...but as independent women...but I find it so difficult....

and it also means a huge sea change for me, having put them and their need first for so long...its hard to try and think of myself ..and to put myself and my needs first.....

im glad you withdrew your offer, if it wasnt the right house....are you still looking or will you leave it for a few months?

maybe moving somewhere smaller on a temporary basis, while you decide what you both really want to do, might make sense......
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    evening everyone....Im missing you all, has anything exciting happened? send me a pm so I dont miss anything!!

love all the dietary advice....hope John is being sensible, and that he realises how much we all miss him...

all he has to do is to say a quick Hi, and we will be happy for days.......:D:p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With love,

Haha. This made me laugh. Poggenpohl always sounds like a programme on CBeebies. :D

Glad you've made your mind up about the 'to move or not to move' . You will find the right place. Will this do?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSauXPJcOBvtPxkQAqepnWnS_010N_bHgoD2l8bROvL4J8IWRmb
    Forum Member
    kfb wrote: »
    Haha. This made me laugh. Poggenpohl always sounds like a programme on CBeebies. :D

Glad you've made your mind up about the 'to move or not to move' . You will find the right place. Will this do?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSauXPJcOBvtPxkQAqepnWnS_010N_bHgoD2l8bROvL4J8IWRmb

:D:D Yes, it does....

Well, it's handy for the West End, but could be a bit islolated, don't you think? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely to see tweets like this on John's timeline from genuine peeps (outside fanbases) just with fond memories of him: :)

LeahhJunee_ Catching up on the voice and having a massive smile on my face when the mention 'John james' because I thought of @uk_johnjames_oz ! Miss u!

And who'd have thought that instead of having Sherrie on BGT, we'd find John James on The Voice! :eek::D
This discussion has been closed.