Did anyone hear that young 13 year old singer on Britain's got talent ?

Special akaSpecial aka Posts: 26
Forum Member
Christ, he was amazing wasn't he .

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Indeed, he was brilliant
  • Jodie266Jodie266 Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    He was brilliant :) but why do they always have to have a sad story it just annoys me
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sob story again, this time bullying. Can't see another classical singer winning though.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He had an amazing voice - reduced me to tears.
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    He is a prime example of why boys don't sing - because people pick on him. He was such a shy kid as well until he started singing. He's good.

Though 13 isn't young for a choir boy, of course.

The funny thing is that by showing how good he is on national TV and achieving something he is doing a damn sight more than the kids who pick on him. Maybe they're just jealous...
  • Blue DiamondBlue Diamond Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    He was totally amazing I think he has a good chance of being this years winner depending what other acts he is up against :eek:

What a gift to be able to sing like that at such a tender young age...

He is most definatley a pint size Paul Potts!

All the very best to him he deserves my vote :)
  • MrsDavidTennantMrsDavidTennant Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldnt BGT be for people other than singers...there are loads and loads of shows where you can show case your singing...and yet this is the only show where all the other talents can get a look in and it will most likely end with a singer as the winner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he was great!
  • Special akaSpecial aka Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Sob story again, this time bullying. Can't see another classical singer winning though.

I would normally agree with you but that young lad is exceptional.

If he doesn't win I will post a photo of me in the bath on this forum.

I'm 6ft 2 and 19st .

That's how sure I am he will win.

Better than Aled Jones by far.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he had a lovely voice. I love this type of music.

I hope the bullies lay off him now.
  • south banksouth bank Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The kid did good but Skala/Scala? were the true stars of the show imo
  • petra12petra12 Posts: 1,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he began to sing it sent a shiver up my spine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44,323
    Forum Member
    south bank wrote: »
    The kid did good but Skala/Scala? were the true stars of the show imo
    i loved scala! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon liked Scala very much too. LOL at his face. :D
  • MrsDavidTennantMrsDavidTennant Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    nethwen wrote: »
    Yes, he had a lovely voice. I love this type of music.

I hope the bullies lay off him now.

My guess is that the Bullying will get worse short term because they will be jealous that he is about to get out of the gutter and leave them in it.

In some ways it's sad all around. I even feel pity for the w@nkers left in the gutter in an odd kind of way.
    Forum Member
    He's head chorister at Carlisle Cathedral. He's in Year 8 and he has to leave at the end of the year... That said, his voice might have gone by then. The first one of those top notes was a bit dicey but that could have been nerves.

http://www.cumberland-news.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=824385
    http://talent.itv.com/stories/viewstory/16460706
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea, I'd rather stick forks in my legs than watch that load of old dross.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, that's him. :)
  • Vite.dfeemtoonVite.dfeemtoon Posts: 5,397
    Forum Member
    What was so amazing about it? Sure, he can sing, but it's just the usual choirboy stuff. People have no discernment anymore, and I don't mean that in a snobby way. And f*ck the audience for cheering all the way through. Can't the thick bints just sit and listen?
    Forum Member
    What was so amazing about it? Sure, he can sing, but it's just the usual choirboy stuff. People have no discernment anymore, and I don't mean that in a snobby way. And f*ck the audience for cheering all the way through. Can't the thick bints just sit and listen?

He's no better than pretty much anyone of an equivalent standard in the country. Pretty much what you'd expect a head chorister to be like.
    Forum Member

Admittedly I am no expert on Choir music but it sounded exceptional to me. Perhaps had I gone to Oxbridge I might have learnt to dicipher good and average soprano singing.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was very good, but what concerns me is that he is at an age when his voice could break at any time.
    Forum Member
    He was very good, but what concerns me is that he is at an age when his voice could break at any time.
    True. Though his speaking voice is usually a better indication, which indicates he probably has a while yet. 12/13 is pretty much the prime for boys anyway.
    Admittedly I am no expert on Choir music but it sounded exceptional to me. Perhaps had I gone to Oxbridge I might have learnt to dicipher good and average soprano singing.

Would have been better to hear a longer piece, really.
  • Vite.dfeemtoonVite.dfeemtoon Posts: 5,397
    Forum Member
    Oxbridge? What on earth are you on about? There are lots of people singing Pie Jesu (again and again FFS) for you to make comparisons as to breath control, accuracy of note placement etc. You don't have to be particularly clever to hear the differences.