Internet radio stream recorder

Does anyone on here know if there is any software you can download on the net, where you can schedule it to record a stream of an internet radio station? I want to be able to record a show in mp3 format that I listen to regularly, over the next couple of weeks, but I won't be able to have a computer switched on, so it would have to be done offline.

Any responses greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the pro version of TuneIn radio can do that if you have and Android or iOS device. Once the streams are recorded they can be played when offline.

Never tried it on a PC though http://tunein.com/get-tunein/

Personally I use podcasts for the stuff i want to listen to offline.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Sadly there is much that is not available as podcasts.
  • Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could try net transport, streamhijacker or the online service from Dar fm.
  • plugs13ampplugs13amp Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    or there's always RadioSure

It doesn't have an inbuilt scheduler, but you can run it from Windows Task Scheduler with the /record and the /duration=minutes command line options - see tools:advanced:info. It will start with the last internet radio station that was selected.

oops, see you want to do it offline. If its a BBC show, you could always use get_iPlayer

I see RadioDownloader is back after the BBC issued the author with a "cease and desist" order. I haven't tried the latest release, but it used to be great for downloading radio programmes after transmission, might be worth a look.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plugs13amp wrote: »
    I see RadioDownloader is back after the BBC issued the author with a "cease and desist" order. I haven't tried the latest release, but it used to be great for downloading radio programmes after transmission, might be worth a look.

only works for podcasts now.