Software update FAQ

Comments

• OtisOtis Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes the STB ready for the new EPG system that will be rolled out over a six week period in the autumn.
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Announcement to those it may concern:
    My Pace 2500 (Version 9FO402) updated last night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vinnielo wrote:
    Announcement to those it may concern:
    My Pace 2500 (Version 9FO402) updated last night.

mine did too
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Please don't ruin the FAQ with posts like these. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I've tried a forced update on my Grundiug 264 box, it came up with the message saying something like Installing new software, this may take up to 10 minutes (or something like that). 5 or so minutes later, the update message went off. I turned on the box, but still haven't had the update! Please help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    unplug your box, put it back in the original packaging, store it safely in your loft for 12 months. The update should be available then.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jakehake wrote:
    unplug your box, put it back in the original packaging, store it safely in your loft for 12 months. The update should be available then.
    Does it have to be in the loft to be nearer the satellite?
  • FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

But yesterday, I changed channels, then watched something. Just after midnight. Then went back onto the EPG - with All Channels.

And the listings for some of the chanells - BBC 1- 5 and some others, like sky channels, itv 3/4 bbc/3/4 - and other channels - had their blue background replaced with white.

IT looks odd and horrible.

IS this something to do with an update or something?... it was only the listings. The channel name stayed the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    this is a highlight for for subs or narrative you can turn it off by going into settings menu
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Holy crap. I am a self-admitted newbie here, but even I had the sense to read the posts...

IF YOU DO A FORCED UPDATE YOU WILL NOT NECESSARILY GET THE NEWEST SOFTWARE

You will get the most recent STABLE software; ie software that has been out long enough for the bugs to be ironed out to an extent.
  • CableTieCableTie Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I bought a DS430N and for the moment just want to watch the FTA channels like ITV3 so I dont have a viewing card yet.

I could add channels a few weeks ago but now I can't because when I try to go to Other Channels I get a message to Insert my viewing card.

Could this be the new software and if so can I reverse the process?
  • Asian ChannelAsian Channel Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does anyone know when sky + will get the new update i hate the press :mad:
  • kevgormankevgorman Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    does anyone know when sky + will get the new update i hate the press :mad:

I called Sky today and like you as well am a Sky+ subscriberto enquire as to when we would get this much talked about upgrade and i even gave the model number, epg software number . model number and all the other info i thought relevant to , maybe be of some help to the Sky tecnician, but to no avail. He simply told me that there was some hitches in getting some of the software out and promptly asked was there anything else he could help me with. It is a pity that Sky don't look after all the Sky+ subscribers first as they had to hand out the full purchase price for their box, when as it seems, anybody or nearly everybody with just the ordinary, sky box has got the upgrade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kevgorman wrote:
    It is a pity that Sky don't look after all the Sky+ subscribers first as they had to hand out the full purchase price for their box, when as it seems, anybody or nearly everybody with just the ordinary, sky box has got the upgrade.

I've got an ordinary box and not got the upgrade
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    kevgorman wrote:
    It is a pity that Sky don't look after all the Sky+ subscribers first as they had to hand out the full purchase price for their box, when as it seems, anybody or nearly everybody with just the ordinary, sky box has got the upgrade.

Why should you be treated any differently to "normal" $ky subscribers. I have a grundig box and still haven't got the upgrade but so what. It will come when its ready to come.

Anyway, what about subscribers that had to pay for their boxes before $ky started giving them away, should they get the upgrade before me just becuase they paid for their box.

To say what you did was a bit pathetic really. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which bit of 'Everyone will have the update by Summer' are people having a problem understanding? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I had a new sky box two days ago as my Thomon broke down, now I have a Panasonic and I know the update has been sent out for that box but my box still havent pick it up so what do I need to do to get the new update 3.3a.6 or when will my box pick it up.
    Forum Member
    Ibby wrote:
    Why should you be treated any differently to "normal" $ky subscribers. I have a grundig box and still haven't got the upgrade but so what. It will come when its ready to come.

Anyway, what about subscribers that had to pay for their boxes before $ky started giving them away, should they get the upgrade before me just becuase they paid for their box.

To say what you did was a bit pathetic really. :(

Well my good man!, without getting into a full blown pointless argument, may i just say that i too had the ordinary sky digibox, which i had to pay for just like you and then decided to upgrade to Sky + and had to pay for it too. Sky have advertised in their current magazine that these new functions, described in the messages and pages above were now available. I do thing that anybody who pays for a service, is quite entitled to get a full service offered to them. I know the upgrade will come when it comes but like i said when you pay through the nose for a service, you deserve to get the FULL benefit of it as soon as new services added to it are made available. As my memory serves me, the upgrades started over a month ago.
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard on this very forum that it will be end of may for SKY+.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the STB turn off after the update? As I have the new software dispite the box being installed today. Don't think it came with the new software installed.

Make: PACE DS430N
    Forum Member
    AndrewUk wrote:
    Does the STB turn off after the update? As I have the new software dispite the box being installed today. Don't think it came with the new software installed.

Make: PACE DS430N

I have one of the older Pace Sky+ boxes and gave up weeks ago on looking for the new download. It hasn't come yet and my box is always connected to the phone line and switched on. There must be some problem with the software for some of the box versions. Anybody else still waiting on the new, much talked about upgrade?
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the software on my PACE SKY+V2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    good.. i can stop people putting on kiss and mtv base now..
  • Dave_DublinDave_Dublin Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Has anybody else made Sky aware that there is NO analogue teletext on ANY channel on Digiboxes that have the updated software?

This is very frustrating as neither RTÉ nor TV3 have a digital text service.
    Forum Member
    Has anybody else made Sky aware that there is NO analogue teletext on ANY channel on Digiboxes that have the updated software?

This is very frustrating as neither RTÉ nor TV3 have a digital text service.

I haven't got the update yet but read in some of the forums a few weeks back about no analogue text on any channel since the update and some of them said they informed Sky, who said there was a few glitches/ bugs in the software that had to be sorted out. I remember the last update there was and I had the somewhat similar, a problem, the text was working but with a lot of letters and words missing.Don't know which problem would be the worse, no text or trying to fill in the blanks. No point in phoning Sky to complain as a lot of them are only bluffers and put you through a standard procedure, about turning box off at mains and then rebooting the digibox, a complete waste of phone call and waste of your time and money.