Return to... Airport?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just saw this thread, hopefully today's episode will be on the iplayer. Who was on it, Jeremy, Shaker (all ways remember his name by the way he said it on his walkie talkie lol)? I hope the two from El Al are on, they always seemed to be dealing with a wedding party or an old Rabbi :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Did anyone see the woman tonight that was always on the walkie-talkie? What exactly was the point of her being called to the fire in the car park? Its not as if she did anything there and she knew the fire brigade were already on hand.. what a waste of space :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    The bloke from Qantas was called John - I think :-)
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant thanks! No wonder I couldn't find it I only looked on BBC1! :rolleyes:

It certainly seemed odd that a programme about a BBC1 show was only being shown on BBC2. It's not as if BBC1 was inundated with quality TV as at the same time they had a repeat of After You've Gone which ranks alongside My Family as being a laugh-free sitcom.
  • niwdenessniwdeness Posts: 1,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The kind of thing inspired by 'Airport'

The opening title music cracks me up every time.
  • James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bloke from Qantas was called John - I think :-)

Good one :D, hows it going at Heathrow? I remember when I started reading Waveguide all those years ago now and then I saw you were on Airport :). Good claim to fame!
    Forum Member
    I left Heathrow a couple of years ago - it had become too manic for me - but I had such fun when I worked there.

Enjoying my early (very) retirement.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    As they mentioned in the programme, whoever decided to put the terminals in the middle was an idiot........

Still, good to see the old faces again........takes me back a few years when I actually watched TV a fair bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love Airport.

Airline is far too chavvy, just lots of people being needlessly loud and obnoxious. Airport was more intelligent, more indepth and a lot more relaxing watch. It was good early evening viewing if you wanted to just be lazy in front of the telly for a while.
  • TheBoingoBanditTheBoingoBandit Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd do a recap show about Paddington Green, that was a great programme.
  • bigredrogerbigredroger Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    quinny wrote: »
    Did anyone see the woman tonight that was always on the walkie-talkie? What exactly was the point of her being called to the fire in the car park? Its not as if she did anything there and she knew the fire brigade were already on hand.. what a waste of space :confused:

She was always hilarious because she was clearly the very worst person you could ever have to deal with any kind of crisis. She clearly found it deeply stressful to get out of bed in the morning and was a rabbit in the headlights if anything went remotely wrong. You are unlikely ever to see anyone less suited to the job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what happened to Stuart? Is he still working in Animal Protection?
    Forum Member
    Stuart is still working in the Animal Reception Centre.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Winslet was so cool. :D
  • SandyHSandyH Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That reporter guy still has the same crap out of date and unfashionable hairstyle!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if this will be repeated sometime? (Apart from the i player I mean)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Hi JohnHeathrow,

Do you know if he is single at all? :)
  • paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they'd do a recap show about Paddington Green, that was a great programme.
    Yeah, I agree, I used to watch that and thought it was great too. :)

Watched some of this Airport special tonight - good to see some of the old faces.
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    I loved Airport, it's mainly the reason I got interested in aviation and ended up as cabin crew.
    Wow, looking back Airport featured some characters didnt it? lol.

Anyone remember Shakar (sp?) and Siobhan?
    I liked Siobhan, unfortunately Aer Lingus outsourced all their work at Heathrow but some stayed on with the new company. I now work for Aer Lingus and often operate into Heathrow, the flights are always very full and it's a great place to arrive at mainly because of the huge range of airlines, aircraft and people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    niwdeness wrote: »
    The kind of thing inspired by 'Airport'

The opening title music cracks me up every time.

Back in the days when Peter Kay used to be funny. That was quite a while ago.
    Forum Member
    From memory - I think it was Calvin.

I can't remember and I was in it.

He was very upset when Canadian Airlines was absorbed into Air Canada and Air Canada didn't want to be filmed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    As they mentioned in the programme, whoever decided to put the terminals in the middle was an idiot........

Still, good to see the old faces again........takes me back a few years when I actually watched TV a fair bit.

I only saw the first of these programmes, but Robert Webb's voiceover went on far too much. It was fine inbetween pieces, to introduce them, but then it just kept interrupting or repeating what we'd already heard, and with an added aggressive tone to it.

I doubt the other two shows were much different, and it seems odd to make a fuss about a show that was only on 10 years ago. It's like in 2001 when they started doing "I Love the 90s" on BBC2, even though the decade had only finished.

"Ooh, do you remember that thing in 1999..."

Er.. yeah, it wasn't long ago!
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    From memory - I think it was Calvin.

I can't remember and I was in it.

He was very upset when Canadian Airlines was absorbed into Air Canada and Air Canada didn't want to be filmed.

I loved Canadian Airlines and their livery! It's a shame Air Canada didn't want to be filmed and I was always disappointed that Aer Lingus wasn't on much because they were one of the largest handlers at Heathrow. Sadly that's no longer the case, they're still the fourth or fifth largest slot holder I believe.
    Forum Member
    Hi JohnHeathrow,

Do you know if he is single at all? :)

I went to a couple of wrap parties and I didn't see Stuart with anyone, so I guess he could be single.
    Can't be certain though.
    Forum Member
    Oh its the Kylie Minogue episode again on Dave.

I wish I got repeat fees - I wish I got any fees!