Campaign to bring Waitrose to Aberdeen

1235»

Comments

• QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't live in Scotland. I couldn't care less.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Hmm... not convinced I'd use it. M&S for my treats and Sainsbury's for my staples and I think I'm fixed.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    We're getting a waitrose and a john lewis at home, sometime this year, which is fine for some people, I just wish we could get an Aldi,
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Having the post deleted does not mean that you did not post it. This forum is made worse my malicious people like you. I have reported you for this, when the post was posted.

The post of mine that was deleted was a follow up to you saying your uncle was a councillor.

I then said they were the ones responsible for the state of the city and that they are in it for themselves. Nowhere did I say your uncle was dodgy.

87% of people are against that Marischal Square atrocity. Why won't the council listen to the people. Self interest is the general thought on social media.
    I like how you feel safe behind your computer screen thinking it's ok to call other forum members families names even though you have never met them. Rather calling me or someone who actually posts on here well it's cowardly and your a coward. Say it to my face next time and you may get a surprise.

I live round the corner from you rather than make threats against me online I am happy to meet you.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand this fascination for Waitrose. Label snobs could save themselves loads of money simply by buying from Aldi and carrying everything home in a Waitrose carrier bag.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I really don't understand this fascination for Waitrose. Label snobs could save themselves loads of money simply by buying from Aldi and carrying everything home in a Waitrose carrier bag.

But it's all in the taste buds mate;-) Waitrose pick their straight vegetables and leave the wonky one for Tesco apparently.

Oh and you not allowed to use the word snob or you get Jimmy Saville brought into the conversation.;-)
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It isn't about being a 'label snob' at all, Waitrose offer a range of products a shop like Aldi is unlikely to stock.

What is so difficult to understand about that simple concept? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    But it's all in the taste buds mate;-) Waitrose pick their straight vegetables and leave the wonky one for Tesco apparently.

Oh and you not allowed to use the word snob or you get Jimmy Saville brought into the conversation.;-)

I love Tesco's wonky carrots.

Wish there was a like button for the Saville comment, made me laugh!
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or people can shop in both, like a lot do.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quixotic wrote: »
    I don't live in Scotland. I couldn't care less.

I couldn't care less either, and I live in Aberdeen.

I like how you feel safe behind your computer screen thinking it's ok to call other forum members families names even though you have never met them. Rather calling me or someone who actually posts on here well it's cowardly and your a coward. Say it to my face next time and you may get a surprise.
    Radiogram wrote: »
    I live round the corner from you rather than make threats against me online I am happy to meet you.

Let us know when and where the face off takes place, I'll provide a running commentary for everyone.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't about being a 'label snob' at all, Waitrose offer a range of products a shop like Aldi is unlikely to stock.

What is so difficult to understand about that simple concept? :confused:

Quite. People who describe Waitrose as snobbery are, ironically enough, the biggest snobs of all. Of the reverse variety.

I can get a whole heap of things at my local Waitrose I can't in other supermarkets locally.

I suppose if you live solely on baked beans and white bread then that's perhaps irrelevant of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »

Let us know when and where the face off takes place, I'll provide a running commentary for everyone.

It wouldn't be a very long face off trust me.:D
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    It wouldn't be a very long face off trust me.:D

I know you won't last long, old man. :p
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »

The shape has no effect whatsoever on the taste. I didn't get the Jimmy Saville joke.
    vosne wrote: »
    Quite. People who describe Waitrose as snobbery are, ironically enough, the biggest snobs of all. Of the reverse variety.

I can get a whole heap of things at my local Waitrose I can't in other supermarkets locally.

I suppose if you live solely on baked beans and white bread then that's perhaps irrelevant of course.
    Oh, the irony.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    The shape has no effect whatsoever on the taste. I didn't get the Jimmy Saville joke.

Oh, the irony.

It's an in joke. Once you have posted enough to get to the secret forum you will understand. ;-)
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh, the irony.

It wasn't ironic at all - if that was your inference - but do carry on :)
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest research... Having a Waitrose nearby boosts the value of your home by 12%. I wouldn't mind that... but not right across the road, within 10 minutes' walk would be good :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32166019
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The same research show that Lidl or Aldi actually reduced the value of your house by -2 and -3% :blush:
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    I've a Waitrose and a Lidl roughly equidistant from my house, both opened since I moved in - I don't believe for a nanosecond that either has had an effect on the value of my house.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Latest research... Having a Waitrose nearby boosts the value of your home by 12%. I wouldn't mind that... but not right across the road, within 10 minutes' walk would be good :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32166019
    Towerblock might change his mind now. (One for the Bluestone fans)
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then you miss out of standing in front of 150 French cheeses and pretending to the rich old duffers that you know what each and every one tastes like.
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have either in NI?? What shops do you have there?

We don't have shops - we just hunt and forage for our food over here ;-)