Options

Galaxy Counters are back!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Surprised but delighted to see an ad on the TV today for Galaxy Counters. Asda online has them in stock, in large bags. Ohhh how I missed those! :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On offer in Tesco at the moment!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Love how theyre advertising them as 'New'
  • Options
    tanstaafltanstaafl Posts: 22,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And here's me thinking that the thread was going to be about the reincarnation of Edwin Hubble. :)
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Are Galaxy Counters kinda like Cadbury's Buttons?
  • Options
    Magic TorchMagic Torch Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So happy that Galaxy Counters are back - I loved them when I was a child & thought I would never see or taste them again!

The re-launched Galaxy Counters are in generic Galaxy style packaging - I remember the originals coming in a white packet with a picture of a Giraffe on it...they're not marketed at kids this time around.

I bought a packet from Asda last week - they tasted just as good as I remembered...only problem is that the re-launched Galaxy Counters seem to only be available in large pouch style bags, hence, I ended up eating too many at once & felt a little sick :D . Hope that they start selling them in smaller packs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they like Minstrels without the crisp coating? I'm not really a chocolate eater but I do have a weakness for Galaxy chocolate and like Magic Torch, I've eaten far too much over the past couple of months with the special offers in Tesco's and ASDA's.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My GF bought some today, you used to get them in packets of Revels too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    I was quite disappointed with them, 3/4 of the bag was air, they're just minstrels without the shell on them (not sure what I was expecting, buit I thought they'd be more exciting than that!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My GF bought some today, you used to get them in packets of Revels too.
    Used to? You mean they're no longer in Revels now? :cry:
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is good news. I used to love them as a child and seem to recall the packet had a picture of a giraffe on!

I've often remembered them and wished they'd bring them back... now I must keep remembering Texan Bars! :D
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I just saw an Ad for them today!
    I have been rooting through bags of Revels and saving them til last for ages.

They are fab.

They were my favourite as a child and I could never understand why they were withdrawn from sale.

Cadbury still sold their chocolate buttons for all these years so why didn't Galaxy? :mad:

I can't wait to go and get some.
    I'm just amazed to see this thread was begun days ago and I have only just found out they are back!
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw them in Sainsburys but refrained from buying a bag....

Maybe I should rethink that decision, I need to go back to Sainsburys over the weekend to get a bottle of gin anyway!
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the pelican more than the the giraffe (and the other animals that featured on the old white packets).

I tried these a couple of weeks back, just didn't seem the same to me as they used to be, maybe I'm losing my taste buds :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I remember the pelican more than the the giraffe (and the other animals that featured on the old white packets).

I tried these a couple of weeks back, just didn't seem the same to me as they used to be, maybe I'm losing my taste buds :(

I remember the pelican and wasn't there an owl?

I only saw the Ad today so I didn't know they were back. I take it they are only available in the large packs then?
    Or are there little bags too?
  • Options
    katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only seen the large packs in Blockbuster, Sainsbury's and, surprisingly, Marks & Spencers (who now seem to stock non-M&S branded food products in addition to their own brand products).

Sainsbury's were sellng them at 2 packs for £3. M&S today had them at £1.75 a pack. Yes a lot of the bag is mostly air but there are still a fair few Counters in there.... and I can't finish a whole pack without feeling over-chocolated... and I'm a big chocaholic. :D
  • Options
    MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy chocolate tastes awful now - not like it used to - I was excited and bought the Counters but they tasted yeuch - was so disappointed - why did they change Galaxy - it was my favourite chocolate ever :(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Big bags for a quid each in Wazda if you buy two.

So good to have a whole bag of them instead of having to root through Revels to save them into a little pile to eat last.

:)

And yes, even though the bags are half air, there are still too many in a bag to scoff in one go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought some, but they have now been languishing in my car for over a week as they just taste of sugar and not very chocolaty.