• Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New poll online at: http://www.docmartinonline.net/ - What do you think James Henry's first word will be?

Thanks to AlreadyBodmin for the suggestion (I have got the right nickname, haven't I?) :):)
  • Options
    ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »

Sums it up quite well. :D:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »

Thanks, Connie. :):):)
    Love the smilie face with the giant ears!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CC's film I, Anna showed at a film festival in Germany earlier this week. Hopefully it'll be available somewhere else at some point soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    Thanks, Connie. :):):)
    Love the smilie face with the giant ears!!! :D

His self-portrait.:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    More on S4 Finale--two more pretty big missing aspects of the wedding to be:

1. Was Louisa going to move in with Martin? Obviously she wouldn't stay in her bungalow and him in his home? Wouldn't she likely move into his house as she did in S5? If so, wouldn't you think that before the wedding they might have gotten a new dresser or brought some of her clothes over? We saw nothing of that at all.

2. HONEYMOON, anyone? Wouldn't at least Louisa want a romantic honeymoon and perhaps they both enjoy getting away from the prying eyes of the village for their first week or two of marriage? But, again, not one word of any type of honeymoon planned.

Mona

Really good points, Mona. I wonder why this had never occurred to me before. Can we assume that plans were underway to get LG's things moved to the surgery & that a honeymoon was being planned too, but we didn't hear anything about it onscreen? Maybe, but maybe not. I think you're right. This was a bit of foreshadowing if we (I) had been paying attention. A thousand years ago when I got married my soon-to-be husband and I both started gradually moving boxes, clothes, odds & ends to our new place a couple of weeks before the wedding. And honeymoons normally must be planned in advance because reservations must be made, tickets purchased, etc. Hm. If they had gotten married, where would they have honeymooned, I wonder.

Of course, it could be a case of the writer himself knowing full well that there was no need for post-wedding plans because HE knew there would be no wedding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    As Pauline helps Beth Sawle to leave the surgery, she's having a conversation on her cell phone. We only hear Pauline's side & we don't know who she's talking to.

She says, "'Cause he wouldn't. I know him. That is so not what he'd do. Hm. Did she really? Oh, gosh. He does seem a bit odder than usual this morning. Yeah." Who do you all think Pauline is speaking to and do you think this is how she learns of the engagement? Does she start out not believing it and, by the end of the conversation, she realizes it's true? What's your take on this?

Hey, folks, sorry, but I want to bring up this phone call again specifically because I'm curious about Pauline's comments. If we assume she's talking to someone, maybe Al, about DM, what does she mean by, "'Cause he wouldn't. I know him. That is so not what he'd do"? If the person on the other side of the conversation is telling her he/she has heard that DM & LG are engaged, why would Pauline say, "That is so not what he'd do."? I'm really curious to know what everyone thinks about this strange little half-conversation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sendibo wrote: »
    I've been wanting to upload this one ever since the end of series 5 (we all know how Martin's sentence was going to end if Penhale hadn't turned up!)
    Finally decided to put it up as my Valentine's video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1XqdbIPN4E

Very, very nice video. I actually briefly thought of that song the first time I saw that last scene. I'm so glad you used this perfect music with just the perfect words to finish Doc's sentence. Had to watch it twice. Very good. Thanks.
  • Options
    TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    New poll online at: http://www.docmartinonline.net/ - What do you think James Henry's first word will be?

Thanks to AlreadyBodmin for the suggestion (I have got the right nickname, haven't I?) :):)

I had a hard time with choosing....:confused:
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that Emily Clunes riding the white horse at the beginning of the video?
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correction - I thought she was riding the white horse and then I saw her on a brown horse.
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Hey, folks, sorry, but I want to bring up this phone call again specifically because I'm curious about Pauline's comments. If we assume she's talking to someone, maybe Al, about DM, what does she mean by, "'Cause he wouldn't. I know him. That is so not what he'd do"? If the person on the other side of the conversation is telling her he/she has heard that DM & LG are engaged, why would Pauline say, "That is so not what he'd do."? I'm really curious to know what everyone thinks about this strange little half-conversation.

Biff, Pauline's character can be just as hard to figure out as LG at times.

She values helping out DM with blood draws and takes pride in her running a smooth office. She basically likes him and I believe is sincere when she says she'll miss him when he is leaving in S4 finale. Yet, she is not below disparaging him, making fun of him, or humiliating him.

In that phone call she seems to feel she knows the Doc well, and how he works, but we see her not be accurate in that regard more than once. We see her think she can get away with "blackmailing" him when he is leaving, after he gave her the "competent" reference, only instead he out and out fires her, which takes her very much by surprise.

We saw in the wedding episode that she is kind him in person the day of the affair, and then as soon as she is with LG she is dissing him right and left, as "jokes". Only, they aren't funny to the audience and neither to LG, either. It's very duplicitous and we see this unbecoming character trait of her.

We see her making fairly regular fun of his blood phobia, in a factual way, but nonetheless in a teasing way, too. "Are you going to hide in a corner like a little girl?" she asks him as he is preparing to take the job in London.

Mind you, DM has put up with a LOT from Pauline, including her wisecracks, and her gambling problem and resulting insolence. He also gave her a real boost of self-esteem and self-worth by having her certified in blood draws.

Right away in the morning in S3 Finale, the Post Master is telling Pauline about DM's "pajama party" with LG, (only he didn't have pajamas there so he slept either nekkid or in his boxers, but that is tangential to this discussion). Later, in that phone call, she is saying she knows him and what he'd do, but she doesn't. No one does! Not even LG, not AJ, and really, not even DM himself. She feels that because she spends the most time with him she has him figured out, which is patently untrue. He is much more complicated inside than she knows! So, she is once again making assumptions about him that are not accurate and I imagine she is talking to Al.

On the funny side:
    1. A funny side of Pauline "betraying" him is when she finds him unconscious on the floor of the kitchen and she photographs him and sends it to Al Large, only that time, it IS funny to the audience.

2. Another funny side of Pauline making fun of him is joking that she knows he is in love with her, when he is leaving, which he obviously buys into).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chapter 5 of "Two Doctors" has been posted.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7623155/5/Two_Doctors

Cheers, Rob
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a few Twitter remarks about MC being at an Olly Murs show. I don't know much about him except what I read briefly online. I gather he's a popular singer in the UK but maybe not in the US. Either that or I've been living under a rock...:confused::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    And there's a photo posted by Lilygreen and Maguire, a duo who were also in the concert in Bournemouth tonight.

http://twitter.com/#!/lilygandmaguire/status/170279725179219968/photo/1
  • Options
    dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few Twitter remarks about MC being at an Olly Murs show. I don't know much about him except what I read briefly online. I gather he's a popular singer in the UK but maybe not in the US. Either that or I've been living under a rock...:confused::rolleyes:

I think he's popular with the kids, particularly young girls. But I don't think he is well known in the US. I asked my kids about him and they do not know of him. So no you're not living under a rock. I think MC took his daughter to the concert.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dcdmfan wrote: »
    I think he's popular with the kids, particularly young girls. But I don't think he is well known in the US. I asked my kids about him and they do not know of him. So no you're not living under a rock. I think MC took his daughter to the concert.

MC and Emily look possessed in that picture with the white eyes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought I saw distinct signs of a softer DM in S5, overall. He seemed a bit softer with AR than with AJ, slightly more tolerant of Penhale, I think the inner tectonic plates were shifting around slightly, making the ending possible.

My take on the ending -- which I loved -- is related to MC's interview in which he commented on how much fans hated the ending of S3E7 and even called the writer Jack Loathsome (did we? I think so or some thing like it). So I think they let him (Jack Lothian) write an ending that had Mrs. Tishell represent us "shippers" in our most extreme, demented form, and play off of it! I thought it was very clever and a strange kind of inverted shout-out to the fans.

Yes it is a bit scary when you think they are talking to us through the show!! I don't think it would hurt for them to be more affectionate and then split up again. :D:D:D

Yes I know! I will never give up (on wanting more affection) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely video sendibo. Perfect timing. Thank you.

Gosh CC is gorgeous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard fought battle of James Henry's first word. I personally think they will just continue on the next minute from where series 5 finished and...have a bit fight!

Do you think it is the aging thing between series that will stop MC doing a series 7?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Ahoy there land lubbers!

Hope you're all well and dealing with your docmartinitis in anyway that works.

So fan campaign part one almost finished. Obviously now that season 6 is becoming a reality - there is no point in activating part 2 of the campaign. We'll keep that for season 7 eh. Part one has now transformed into a nice little video about fans around the world. It has been extremely amusing and I can't wait for you all to see it!

Quick question: if Doc Martin Online was to hold a weekly rewatch project, with us nominating one day a week - say Mondays, to start watching the show from the very start all the way through. That way we could make the weekly poll relate to the particular episode - and everyone could come back here to the DS forum to dissect the episode afresh. I figured because we've all come along to the show at different times it might be fun to rewatch it all together.

We could start it when the USA fans have finished season 4. And that way I can make sure that the recap for the site is completed every week also. And it gives me a more believable timeline to work to.

So what say?

Doctor Rabies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahoy there land lubbers!
    Hope you're all well and dealing with your docmartinitis in anyway that works.So fan campaign part one almost finished. Obviously now that season 6 is becoming a reality - there is no point in activating part 2 of the campaign. We'll keep that for season 7 eh. Part one has now transformed into a nice little video about fans around the world. It has been extremely amusing and I can't wait for you all to see it!Quick question: if Doc Martin Online was to hold a weekly rewatch project, with us nominating one day a week - say Mondays, to start watching the show from the very start all the way through. That way we could make the weekly poll relate to the particular episode - and everyone could come back here to the DS forum to dissect the episode afresh. I figured because we've all come along to the show at different times it might be fun to rewatch it all together. We could start it when the USA fans have finished season 4. And that way I can make sure that the recap for the site is completed every week also. And it gives me a more believable timeline to work to.
    So what say?Doctor Rabies

Sounds like a great idea DR. Can't wait to see the video:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone uploaded a bunch of German DM eps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW5AzhCh0eo&feature=related
This discussion has been closed.