Nicole Scherzinger and Alex Gaudino "Missing You" - NEW SINGLE

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/alex-gaudino-missing-you-artwork/

It will be a big song in the clubs around Europe for sure!

Thoughts on the track

Comments

• JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Love it! :D
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Really like this. This could be huge in Europe and all over the world. I love Nicole's vocals on it too.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the final mix? Because it doesn't sound quite right to me. It's a nice song, but generic. I would like more music from Nicole, it's all gone a bit too quiet since Boomerang was released.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds quite generic, like Boomerang was. It's a shame because Nicole's first album was pretty good.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On first listen it doesn't sound particularly great, it just sounds like an OK song, I really don't see it being a big hit.

It could be a grower though.

Edit: Ok I change my opinion. :o:p On my third listen now and it is definitely a grower, it could be a hit with good radio play.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really like it on first listen could be a grower
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I don't think this is the final mix and it's going to be Alex Gaudino's single, not Nicole's.

She's redoing her album apparently and adding a more urban sound instead of the pop/electro sound they originally had.
    Forum Member
    Nuerco wrote: »
    I don't think this is the final mix and it's going to be Alex Gaudino's single, not Nicole's.

She's redoing her album apparently and adding a more urban sound instead of the pop/electro sound they originally had.

A very good decision IMO.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    On first listen it doesn't sound particularly great, it just sounds like an OK song, I really don't see it being a big hit.

It could be a grower though.

Edit: Ok I change my opinion. :o:p On my third listen now and it is definitely a grower, it could be a hit with good radio play.

Would be amazed if it did get radio AirPlay after the snub she got with Boomerang . Even when it was in the top 10 sales chart the radio stations didn't play it , ridiculous when you consider how they play other songs that have been out for 6 months or more every hour ! .
    Forum Member
    Would be amazed if it did get radio AirPlay after the snub she got with Boomerang . Even when it was in the top 10 sales chart the radio stations didn't play it , ridiculous when you consider how they play other songs that have been out for 6 months or more every hour ! .

Actually they did, Capital playlisted the track. Though it really didn't matter as the song had already peaked.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    This is actually quite amazing
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Actually they did, Capital playlisted the track. Though it really didn't matter as the song had already peaked.

They only playlisted after Nicole gave them an interview and fans spammed them to add it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

doesn`t mean they`re gonna snub all her future releases just cause they didn`t playlist her last song
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    doesn`t mean they`re gonna snub all her future releases just cause they didn`t playlist her last song

Wet and Try With Me were blacklisted too.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wet was very similar to Only Girl by Rihanna and was a fourth single from the album, so maybe radio just weren't interested.

Try With Me was a mess because it premièred something like a week before release, which doesn't work in the UK, so it failed to debut high because most people didn't know about it and it fell quickly, so radio weren't interested in it. If her team were on the ball it should have been sent to radio several weeks before release and things might have worked out better.

Boomerang in the end got Capital support, so they could now be willing to support her future releases, which is good.
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    If her team were on the ball

I think that's one of the biggest issues with her career right now and another is that she herself seems to have different priorities. Her Dancing with the Stars US win as well as her X Factor USA and X Factor UK judging spots were all wasted platforms. It seems like nothing goes right for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wet was? i could swear i heard it on radio a few times around the time it was out?

Try with me was awful so i`m not surprised about that