Susan Boyle - Make You Feel My Love

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
Susan just started her first ever tour and she sings MYFMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZB1QYzeslo

Don't know what they are doing to her voice because it's lost all the depth, feelings and emotions she had when she first recorded the demo Cry Me A River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxy8bLzsCfM

I don't think she understands the lyrics of MYFMY unlike Rebecca and Adele.

Susan could be one of the best female vocalist to come out of the UK for years, but SyCo choose to take her to a middle recording singer that does musical tours round the local threater.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't blame Syco. Susan has herself to blame. She can't even be relied to turn up too gigs, I've booked too see her twice, once in an arena and the other in a smaller venue and both times she failed to turn up!

It's good they're giving her small venues, at least when she doesn't turn up she'd out be letting a few hundered people down and not thousands!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    SyCo and her vocal coach are the one's to blame about her recordings and voice, they have turned her into a musical artist that shows no feelings what's so ever.
    This is a video of Adele singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axBMs-qK2t4
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Susan could be one of the best female vocalist to come out of the UK for years, but SyCo choose to take her to a middle recording singer that does musical tours round the local threater.

I would agree with this. Her voice is really good but the albums she releases are just standard MOR fare and she does way too many covers. I don't know who her music appeals to.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    SyCo and her vocal coach are the one's to blame about her recordings and voice, they have turned her into a musical artist that shows no feelings what's so ever.
    This is a video of Adele singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axBMs-qK2t4
    The bar for this song is set at a very high level and will be very hard to take it higher.
    Adele owns this song, just watch the RAH DVD.
  • Zeus555Zeus555 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In 2009, when Susan sold around 8.5 Million of her 1st Album, I predicted (UK Chart Sites)
    that the further her BGT 'discovery' faded into the past the less people would be interested
    in buying her Albums. At the time, a great many Susan Fans said this would never happen.
    That she'd always be 'loved, & always be as popular as she was in 2009. I was told that I
    was talking rubbish etc.

However - everything turned out the way I said. Her 2nd Album sold less than the 1st, her
    3rd sold less than the 2nd, & her 4th sold very poorly indeed.

This is what happens when an Act becomes big due to a gimmick. In her case we were
    all supposed to be amazed that such a 'plain frumpy' looking woman had such a lovely voice.

Such gimmicks made her big for 2 or 3 Years but you cannot sustain a career that way, &
    Susan is rapidly losing Fans. I notice that on my favourite UK Chart Site (UKMIX), the Thread
    about her 2012 Album had no-where near as many Posts in it as there were for her first 3 Albums.
    That's because she turned out to be a one trick pony - and the bulk of her 2009 Fans have gone.

She sings every song in the same monotone voice. There is no real range in her voice. She
    was a gimmick that got lucky. Her luck has ran out.....It was all very easy to forsee.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but EVERYONE knows that the definitive version of this song is Gamu's:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Sorry, but EVERYONE knows that the definitive version of this song is Gamu's:)

*Bows down to Queen Gamu*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's shocking that some people actually think of her as a failure now. She has sold millions of albums worldwide. She is the biggest selling act from a reality show based in the UK EVER.

When you consider her age, the show she came from and the type of music and CD's she releases then it's clear that she was and still is a successful singer. This next album will probably debut Top 10 worldwide which is phenomenal achievement for her.

Let's see if any of these new acts will still be able to sell 500,000+ of a fourth album. Doubt it. Most of them can't even do it with One.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be interesting to hear an original Subo album with a producer like William Orbit?