Options

iPhone 6 with big screen (leaked pictures "allegedly")

Comments

• Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Apple made everybody want a touch screen phone which is why other company's jumped on board as apple made them marketable
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    Except for when you hold it up to your ear and look look a tube:)
    Well, in a couple of months you may well have your new flock.

:cool:
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    When they think they've been innovative.

I doubt you actually believe that if they released the size of the iPhone's screen they would claim that was an innovation. Or that any "Apple fan" would claim it was innovative.

In which case why suggest that they would? Why put words in people's mouths that almost certainly are not there?

And no, that's not a rhetorical question.

You are confusing innovation with invention.

Apple did not invent the portable music player, but they did not claim to have invented the portable music player.

Apple did not invent the touchscreen, but they did not claim to have invented the touchscreen.

Nor did they claim to invent the smartphone.

Or the tablet.

Or the home computer.

So what was your point again?

Its you that puts words into peoples mouths :p

I said "Apple did not invent....."

Then you go and twist it >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except for when you hold it up to your ear and look look a tube:)

When you put an Apple logo on it all of a sudden it will become cool :cool: :p:D
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple didn't invent things. They took existing features, refined them and popularised them by brining them to the mass market. Of course when the iphone 6 comes out with a bigger screen, we will get a video from Johnny Ives telling how it was an amazing feat of engineering, but I doubt even Apple's hardcore fans will think that they invented large screened phones.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its you that puts words into peoples mouths :p

I said "Apple did not invent....."

Then you go and twist it >:(

So what was your point then?

If you had been talking about innovation, what prompted you to post a list of things Apple didn't invent?

:confused:
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    When they think they've been innovative.

I doubt you actually believe that if they released the size of the iPhone's screen they would claim that was an innovation. Or that any "Apple fan" would claim it was innovative.

:D You really sure of that are you?

I bet your about as sure of it as you are about the importance of your one handed operation, until you get the bigger iphone ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what was your point then?

If you had been talking about innovation, what prompted you to post a list of things Apple didn't invent?

:confused:

I started by saying.
    Apple like to coo about how Innovative they are :p

Do you agree or disagree with this? Anyway I agree with this statement.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started by saying.

I don't think there is an argument strong enough to disagree with the statement, other than personal opinions. It's common knowledge that Apple like to act as if they've solved world peace with every feature. This video highlights that fact. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started by saying.

Yes, I followed that part.

But why did you then list a bunch of stuff that Apple didn't invent, or claim to have invented?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I followed that part.

But why did you then list a bunch of stuff that Apple didn't invent, or claim to have invented?

To illustrate the fact that they don't invent stuff. Like I have said before they are more of a slick marketing machine rather than the mother of invention.
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    To illustrate the fact that they don't invent stuff. Like I have said before they are more of a slick marketing machine rather than the mother of invention.

Like most large tech companies - they don't invent much - they tend to buy start ups companies.
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member

I think you used the word innovate instead of inventive - would have made more sense then the rest of your post.
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you put an Apple logo on it all of a sudden it will become cool :cool: :p:D

The size of the note? No, it would not be cool, it would still look stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But what's your point?

Nobody said they did invent any if those things, including Apple.

So what do we know?

1. Apple talk about things they feel are innovative.

2. Apple didn't invent a bunch of stuff.

I'm still not sure what the connection is?

Are you sure you're not confusing "innovation" with "invention"?
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The size of the note? No, it would not be cool, it would still look stupid.
    I recall a teenage kid at the bus stop.
    His phone was probably too small and instead he was using his iPad.

Do people always carry a heavy load 'not looking stupid'?
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Some people apparently find it amusing to mock work colleagues based solely upon their phone choice, sad but true.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Aye Up wrote: »
    The screen size is the main reason I remain interested in iPhones, I am tired of the willy waving approach Samsung seems to have created in recent years. The first android handset I have wanted in ages is the Z1 Compact, for once a high end device in a small form factor. I think we are pushing the limits now with pocketable sized phones. As a result of the Z1 compact which I think will do well I would expect there it be a surge in demand for smaller form factor devices. The next 18 months when New CPU and battery tech hits the market will allow manufacturers to stop the willy waving that has become so common place.

the sales figures would seem to disagree with you.

i certainly have a 5" phone because that is what i want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    I recall a teenage kid at the bus stop.
    His phone was probably too small and instead he was using his iPad.

Do people always carry a heavy load 'not looking stupid'?

When you say "probably too small", I assume you mean you are guessing and therefore the remainder of your post isn't really relevant.

If I had a phone and an iPad on me at the same time, I would always use the iPad to browse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Some people apparently find it amusing to mock work colleagues based solely upon their phone choice, sad but true.

That's not true (and therefore not sad). I mock work colleagues for loads of different things, not just because of their phone choice. They in turn, return the favour.

I very much doubt that you get involved in that sort of banter, I can understand why.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you say "probably too small", I assume you mean you are guessing and therefore the remainder of your post isn't really relevant.

If I had a phone and an iPad on me at the same time, I would always use the iPad to browse.

I do something quite similar I often carry my iPad in my rucksack whenever I have some free time i often get it out turn on tethering on my phone. It is far better for me than browsing on my phone. I do use my phone for browsing but find my iPad is far better for data consummation and creation purposes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    the sales figures would seem to disagree with you.

i certainly have a 5" phone because that is what i want.

I think that the figures show that people like both larger and smaller screened phones. iPhones still sell a ton, so some people do want a smaller screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    I do something quite similar I often carry my iPad in my rucksack whenever I have some free time i often get it out turn on tethering on my phone. It is far better for me than browsing on my phone. I do use my phone for browsing but find my iPad is far better for data consummation and creation purposes.

It depends where I am and what space I have. In some situations it's more convenient to use a phone.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I think that the figures show that people like both larger and smaller screened phones. iPhones still sell a ton, so some people do want a smaller screen.

/controversy alert/ I genuinely believe that many people simply buy an iPhone because their friends also have one and have no idea what Android goodies for far less money are out there. But a phone like the Moto G (and subsequent phones from Google's unofficial manufacturing arm) may just mark the start of the exodus. Especially when they realise that for the price of an iPhone 5S (smaller screen with inferior resolution and PPI to the Moto G btw) they can get a Moto G AND a 42" LG Full HD LED Smart Tv with an included 5 year warranty lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    /controversy alert/ I genuinely believe that many people simply buy an iPhone because their friends also have one and have no idea what Android goodies for far less money are out there. But a phone like the Moto G (and subsequent phones from Google's unofficial manufacturing arm) may just mark the start of the exodus. Especially when they realise that for the price of an iPhone 5S (smaller screen with inferior resolution and PPI to the Moto G btw) they can get a Moto G AND a 42" LG Full HD LED Smart Tv with an included 5 year warranty lol.

Most people don't buy their phones outright, they get them subsidised on contract, so they are not paying anywhere near £530 for their iPhone. I suppose people buy phones for all kinds of reasons. Some people buy cheaper android phones because they are cheap and becaue they are pushed by the service providers. They have no idea what they want and are easily swayed. I will accept that some people do buy iPhones because their friends have bought them or because they think it is some kind of fashion accessory, but there are millions who buy them because that is the phone they want. A lot of people don't care about specs.