Options

Speculation for series eight

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
Forum Member
One thing I've always loved about this forum (and why I have been a lurker for about six years) is the speculation and imagination of its members.

So I'm opening up the floor to anyone who would like to contribute a bit of series eight spec.

I'll start: I think Danny Pink is more than what we will originally be led to believe. He won't be The Master but he will be linked to Clara in some way. Maybe he is linked to one of the "impossible" Claras. I also think that we will meet another Clara. That would be really interesting, especially considering their relatively short shelf life.

I don't think we will see the Timelords again in season eight except one other, but we will get hints that they are once again trying to return to the universe. There will be whispers amongst those sensitive enough to hear them. One of these Timelords will be the Master.

Would anyone else like to add anything?

Comments

• Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've broken free, not just a lurker anymore :) that definitely deserves a reply to this thread :)

I agree, I don't think the timelords will find a way back just yet. I "speculate" (love that word in this context) that we will see quite a lot of plots revolving around moral dilemmas, and a lot of "blurred lines" to quote Donna - "Travelling with you, I can no longer tell what's right and whats wrong", I think this is where it's going to get darker in many ways.

Also, Clara is no longer impossible girl, or has a direct relationship to this incarnation (i. E. Didnt actually save him) maybe this is why Danny Pink had been introduced. What I mean is, without these aspects we knew her character for, there is a void in the theme of her character. I mean nowadays it isn't enough that a companion just "is" travelling with the Doctor. As an actress would say, "whats her motivation, what drives this character" so we need to see this new side of her story fleshed out somehow.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    very well put The_Judge_!