Options

BT Cloud software on Windows PC

Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Before I activate BT Cloud and start using it on my Windows PC, please could somebody tell me what is the software like? Is it really naff, full of bugs, slow, and generally not worth bothering? Should I just stick with Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive? Or is BT Cloud actually quite decent?
Many thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    MisterDuckMisterDuck Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I fiddled about with it briefly a while a while back and it seemed decent enough, both upload and download speeds were fast and consistent. The Windows client app was rather unintuitive at first and also a bit of a memory hog IIRC, but not really a problem on a modern PC, and no showstopping bugs that I can remember.

The main aspect putting me off was having to log in every 90 days or else your files will be deleted - I know it's probably not an issue in practice, but I just don't like having these niggling concerns in the back of my head. And of course your "free" storage is tied to your status as a BT customer, so if you change provider you'll have to make other arrangements.

Personally I wouldn't use it as my primary cloud service, but if you're entitled to it and can make use of it in addition to the other options out there, then why not. :)