Wagner NEEDS to win!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If Wagner wins, Simon will be forced to invest his money and back a spectacular commercial failure.

That'll teach him for fixing the show and treating the audience like idiots!

Plus Wagner will get a few more minutes of fame, everyones a winner but Cowell! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our ears wont win
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't tell that to those who will come rushing in to claim that Wagner voters are only playing into Cowell's hands, they insist that you are only lining his pockets. They miss the bigger picture.

I refuse to vote only because I have more sense anyway, but if I were to vote... it would surely go to Wagner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But he could still sign up all of the Big Four (Matt, Rebecca, Cher and One Direction) and make that money back in a heartbeat if he wanted to.
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to see a professionally produced Wagner music video.

And him performing on the Top Of The Pop Christmas Special.

It would have such an impact on the mood of the country, that the economy would recover a full year faster than it would otherwise. Meaning less cuts in public services.

Save nurses, vote Wagner.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,529
    Forum Member
    A not very well promoted covers album and dropped quickly - whilst he basks in glory with the money from idiots voting for him to win from the premium rate phone vote.

Whilst he meanwhile gives a contract to 2nd place - hevily promotes and works with them and gets his money back that way.

People are stupid if they believe Simon is worried about a Wagner win
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Wagner winning would be poetic justice. I really hope the non believers come around and vote for him. He is hilarious too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A not very well promoted covers album and dropped quickly - whilst he basks in glory with the money from idiots voting for him to win from the premium rate phone vote.

Whilst he meanwhile gives a contract to 2nd place - hevily promotes and works with them and gets his money back that way.

People are stupid if they believe Simon is worried about a Wagner win

How does that differ from most winners?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mysteryxxx wrote: »
    Wagner winning would be poetic justice. I really hope the non believers come around and vote for him. He is hilarious too.

Yes, like Wagner said we must pray for their souls.

A lot have come round after last night though, and as Wagner continues to swing the sword of truth around the X-Factor studio with such bloody efficiency there will be more moments like Cheryl's where people lash out at his Holyness in vain.

They will end up smashed to pieces on the Rock Of Wagner, while we lay on the sandy beaches of the promised land. Basking in his winner's performance.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Simon must be used to X Factor winners being commercial failures by now, so he can't really be that bothered about what would happen if Wagner were to win.

I reckon he's a Wagner fan tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bananafish wrote: »
    I want to see a professionally produced Wagner music video.

And him performing on the Top Of The Pop Christmas Special.

It would have such an impact on the mood of the country, that the economy would recover a full year faster than it would otherwise. Meaning less cuts in public services.

Save nurses, vote Wagner.

Hear hear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waggy all the way ! :D
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    How does that differ from most winners?

It isnt.

Which kind of negates your argument that wagner winning would affect Cowell in any way.

It wouldnt.

Indeed, as I said in another thread, he would use it to counter the claims of fix, the tabloids would have a field day with the inane rantings of the facebook campaigns and paint them as 'spoiling' the show (I dont beleive that, but its the image that will be presented, and there is enough material to make them look unhinged), and Cowell and X factor will march on, as unaffected as it was when Leon won, with the protest voters money in his back pocket.

Vote for wagner if you actually like him, voting for anyone to make a point is futile, because it doesnt.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SlashNX wrote: »
    If Wagner wins, Simon will be forced to invest his money and back a spectacular commercial failure.

Plus Wagner will get a few more minutes of fame, everyones a winner but Cowell! :D

I can see the "treating the audience like idiots" part, but how has he fixed the show? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I can see the "treating the audience like idiots" part, but how has he fixed the show? :confused:

The narrative of X-Factor is manipulated with all the skill of a surgeon wearing boxing gloves.
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SlashNX wrote: »

I'm sure there's a contract somewhere that states Simon has first choice to sign up any of the live show acts if he so desires.

If Wagner wins, sure he'll sign him up and a novelty album will be made. And it will sell for a while.

But he'll also put the more serious cash behind the runner-up or whichever artist he really wants. Wagner will then be quietly dropped after a year.

Either way, Simon wins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isnt.

Which kind of negates your argument that wagner winning would affect Cowell in any way.

It wouldnt.

Cowell gets his winner each year and then makes an absolute fortune from their first Number One. Then the album comes out, and the same idiots buy that. The act then generally disappears until the show is back on the tellybox, then he targets the same people again, whilst developing his next moneyspinner.

Do you really think that those people supporting Wagner would waste their money buying the rubbish that would be released if he won?

Not a hope... and there lies the argument.

Cowell will make very little from the single/album should Wagner win, and it would lower the value of the show as a whole.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cowell gets his winner each year and then makes an absolute fortune from their first Number One. Then the album comes out, and the same idiots buy that. The act then generally disappears until the show is back on the tellybox, then he targets the same people again, whilst developing his next moneyspinner.

Do you really think that those people supporting Wagner would waste their money buying the rubbish that would be released if he won?

Cowell will make very little from the single/album should Wagner win, and it would lower the value of the show as a whole.

no one makes a fortune from a single's sales these days.

I would take a guess that with 6 million votes in the final alone, never mind the previous 8 weeks, Cowell has earned more from the votes that made Joe the winner than sales of his music.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bananafish wrote: »
    The narrative of X-Factor is manipulated with all the skill of a surgeon wearing boxing gloves.

If that's the case, why don't we all love Katie? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that's the case, why don't we all love Katie? ;)

Because a surgeon wearing boxing gloves kills his patient ;)
    Forum Member
    no one makes a fortune from a single's sales these days.

I would take a guess that with 6 million votes in the final alone, never mind the previous 8 weeks, Cowell has earned more from the votes that made Joe the winner than sales of his music.

500k at 3.99 you sure? and thats first week alone votes are only 35p so they'd need 10 million to get 3 million and not all of it goes to them.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is this the grand 'achievement' that the Wagner voters are after? What you're actually saying is that the people voting for Wagner want the show finished. Why don't they just watch something else?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,265
    Forum Member
    Wagner wouldn't win if he was the only one there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The voting revenue is tiny.

6 million votes at 10p profit to them is £600,000. Cowell spends that on one private jet flight.
    Forum Member
    Is this the grand 'achievement' that the Wagner voters are after? What you're actually saying is that the people voting for Wagner want the show finished. Why don't they just watch something else?

It's a protest vote for many reasons hes the perfect man to do it. X factor IMO destroys music to a certain extent. I think they overkill makeup costumes and manufactur raw talented people. And now this year they have fixed the show in so many aspects. This is not the essence of what it was created for. Wagner winning would change this idea they can get away with doing this time and time again.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think it's fair to vote for him based on this reason honestly?

What about the talented people on the show that want to do singing as a profession? When they have actual talent while Wagner has nothing? Think about it in that way.

Simon wins at the end of the day anyway. The money goes to him. This show isn't supposed to be about people "showing Simon Cowell **** all" it's about people's future.