Best make up tips from anyone

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this thread !
    Thank you for the tips, I have purchased a tube of tubing mascara Ive gone the loreal one that was recommended, I am hoping it will come tomorrow, so I will report back.

Question for bored of lurking

the beautiful brow kit you have mentioned, is it this one?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321060482230?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

No, hang on, will find a link (its not cheap but it lasts for 24 hours when applied properly, and stays on even whilst swimming/in a sauna etc).

Will update post with link in a minute.

http://www.beautifulbrows.co.uk/products/beautiful-brow-kit
    That's a link to the kit, you can buy it all seperately, I went for the kit. The neutral lipstick and mascara is good too, so unlikely to go to no use (I love the lipstick, and the mascara is in my travel make up bag).

http://www.beautifulbrows.co.uk/about
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Studmuffin wrote: »
    I use Blinc tubed mascara. Have a google, I can only find their US site though (I used to buy it when I lived in the UK) but they used to give away free samples of it.

To keep your lippy on for hours, after blotting go over it with an eyeshadow - matt or shimmery. I can't use things like Lipcote as they aggravate my lips and make my coldsores flare up :(.

Me too, I use Blinc, they have a UK site and it's sold on Feel Unique. Best thing ever! I recently got Blinc AMPLIFIED which is even better than the original.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also use Blinc brow mouse on my brows, which is super simple to use and stays put

http://www.blincuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=24
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    No, hang on, will find a link (its not cheap but it lasts for 24 hours when applied properly, and stays on even whilst swimming/in a sauna etc).

Will update post with link in a minute.

http://www.beautifulbrows.co.uk/products/beautiful-brow-kit
    That's a link to the kit, you can buy it all seperately, I went for the kit. The neutral lipstick and mascara is good too, so unlikely to go to no use (I love the lipstick, and the mascara is in my travel make up bag).

http://www.beautifulbrows.co.uk/about

Thanks for that.

I have bought the revlon one and thought Id give it a go, maybe the beautiful brows can be a valentines present, Ill drop some hints.

and as promised my report on the mascara ...

The loreal tubing mascara is AMAZING!
    it went on so easy and has definitely made my lashes look longer, it has also kept the curl from the eyelash curlers all day I would recommend any one who is intrigued to give it a go.
    Thanks Fieldfare for the recommendation.
  • LilyAnna80LilyAnna80 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that.

I have bought the revlon one and thought Id give it a go, maybe the beautiful brows can be a valentines present, Ill drop some hints.

it went on so easy and has definitely made my lashes look longer, it has also kept the curl from the eyelash curlers all day I would recommend any one who is intrigued to give it a go.

Is this mascara waterproof - I am allergic to any waterproof mascaras and it will be a while before I can get to the shops to check it out. Thanks anyone :D
  • FieldfareFieldfare Posts: 2,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that.

Hooray! It's great when a little treat comes off isn't it? I've got plenty left but I really want to try the Blinc now, I'm going to have to put it on the list after the brow kit.
    LilyAnna80 wrote: »
    Is this mascara waterproof - I am allergic to any waterproof mascaras and it will be a while before I can get to the shops to check it out. Thanks anyone :D

I think so but to be honest I haven't really tested that. Certainly when taking it off a splash of water doesn't shift it, I need to use a cleanser and a soft cloth.
  • Mer~maidMer~maid Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I've just ordered a trial size blinc mascara also, can't wait to try it :)
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mer~maid wrote: »
    I've just ordered a trial size blinc mascara also, can't wait to try it :)

I did that a few days ago! Only took one day to arrive which is fantastic!

Anyway, came on here to ask if you can still use eyelash curlers with tubing mascara but Chocoholic has already answered!

Will post results of trial later.
    Forum Member
    I did that a few days ago! Only took one day to arrive which is fantastic!

Anyway, came on here to ask if you can still use eyelash curlers with tubing mascara but Chocoholic has already answered!

Will post results of trial later.

Hope it went ok.

Ive actually ordered a trial sample of the mascara from blinc to give that a go and I have ordered the eyeliner trial size as well.

I use soap and glory supercat eyeliner at the moment which is fantastic but I am intrigued by the blinc eyeliner as its the same theory as the tubing mascara.
    Does anyone use this ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, trial size Blinc mascara. Short review.

1. Goes on very well. Quite a loose mixture. Not sticky.

2. No clumps at all.

3. Lengthens well

4. Not as black as I'm used too

5. Not as thickening as I'm used to

6. Hasn't budged all day

Would I buy a bigger size. DEFINATELY.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaah ya buggers, that's it, I'm not waiting until the Revolon is finished, I'm off to order some Blinc. YOU HAVE MADE ME BREAK MY RULE :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :p:p it's great fun when you get to take the little tubes off too!
    Forum Member
    :p:p it's great fun when you get to take the little tubes off too!

I can see why some people panic and think its the lashes coming off, it looks weird
    Forum Member
    Fieldfare wrote: »
    Aaah ya buggers, that's it, I'm not waiting until the Revolon is finished, I'm off to order some Blinc. YOU HAVE MADE ME BREAK MY RULE :D

when you do get it, come back and let us know which you prefer, Im waiting for my trial size blinc (hopefully will be quick as morecowbell said)
    Ill compare the 2 also:D
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of tubing mascara but I'm going to have to try this. It sounds a bit freaky but I'm so bored with my make-up collection, I'll give it a go.

Does anyone have any tips for how to apply liquid eyeliner? I love this look so much but when I try and do it I just end up looking like I've punched myself.
    Forum Member
    I've never heard of tubing mascara but I'm going to have to try this. It sounds a bit freaky but I'm so bored with my make-up collection, I'll give it a go.

Does anyone have any tips for how to apply liquid eyeliner? I love this look so much but when I try and do it I just end up looking like I've punched myself.

Its just practice to be honest, but have a look on youtube there are lots of videos of people showing you how
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just practice to be honest, but have a look on youtube there are lots of videos of people showing you how

I thought as much. Thank you though, I shall have a look on youtube. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when you do get it, come back and let us know which you prefer, Im waiting for my trial size blinc (hopefully will be quick as morecowbell said)
    Ill compare the 2 also:D

You're on :D
    I thought as much. Thank you though, I shall have a look on youtube. :)

Sorry to always be harking on about Sali Hughes but she does beauty advice so well, try this video, it's about getting a flicky look but has some good general tips -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/video/2011/dec/09/beauty-tips-flicky-eyeliner-video
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, trial size Blinc mascara. Short review.

1. Goes on very well. Quite a loose mixture. Not sticky.

2. No clumps at all.

3. Lengthens well

4. Not as black as I'm used too

5. Not as thickening as I'm used to

6. Hasn't budged all day

Would I buy a bigger size. DEFINATELY.

If you go for a bigger size, get the amplified one, the brush is thicker and you'll get thicker lashes.

I have to use Blinc/tubes as every other normal mascara basically slides off my lashes and ends up under my eye!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fieldfare wrote: »
    Sorry to always be harking on about Sali Hughes but she does beauty advice so well, try this video, it's about getting a flicky look but has some good general tips -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/video/2011/dec/09/beauty-tips-flicky-eyeliner-video

Thank you so much, great video! Interesting what she said about the eyeliner smudging up near the eyebrow, that's exactly what happens to me, although I'm not over 30, I think it's because I've got really oily skin. Never used an eye primer before so I'll definitely be doing that. She makes it look so easy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grotbags1 wrote: »
    If you go for a bigger size, get the amplified one, the brush is thicker and you'll get thicker lashes.

I have to use Blinc/tubes as every other normal mascara basically slides off my lashes and ends up under my eye!

Thanks for the info Grotbags. I'll definately do that.
    Forum Member
    well I received my trial size mascara and eye liner yesterday so very quick delivery from blinc, I like the mascara but I think I do like the loreal one more, I like the white base coat of the loreal one it seemed to make my lashes longer and thicker, perhaps the amplify blinc may be better but I'm happy with the loreal mascara.

The eye liner is very good though, it was a bit tricky applying because of the small trial size bottle but it went on very well, really smooth nice consistency and it has lasted all day no smudging or flaking off, Ive had a bit of a cry today over something and it didnt budge!

also in the package I received with the trial packs I got a 20% off code if I purchase a full size bottle so thats pretty good too!

Thank you so much FieldFare for the recommendation
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Use concealer in the right areas, most people need in the middle of the chin, around the eyes obviously and around the side of the nose. Make sure you spend time finding the right colour, if it's hard you can always buy different ones and mix them with a brush.
  • LilyAnna80LilyAnna80 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you get a tan - darken your make up accordingly. I find it so funny when a woman/girl is seven shades darker in the summer and never thinks that their eyeshadow etc. needs to be altered accordingly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've done my very scientific comparison of the L'Oreal and Blinc tubes mascara and should you care here are my thoughts!

The Blinc feels nice and high quality, it's a good black and even with the teeny weeny trail size I can see that their applicator brush is really good. The L'Oreal brush is a bit fat and could be better but the mascara goes on well, is quite a good black but not as much as the Blinc. I really like the white 'undercoat' option of this one, for the extra voom.

Bearing in mind that Blinc is about twice the price of the L'Oreal and my budget for these things isn't huge I reckon, like Choco, the L'Oreal is the one for me.

A question for you - I like a blusher to put a little rose in my cheeks, not so much for defining. Creamy ones always look nice straight away but don't last, I don't get along with stains and powder always goes cakey on me. Am I doing something wrong or is it that I just haven't found the right one yet?