Katie Hopkins

Comments

• dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't see the point of her little documentary. It's not rocket science. You eat lots of crap food.. you're going to put on the wrong type of weight. You cut out all the crap food.. you're going to lose that weight. So she's proving nothing we don't already know.

What she seems to fail to understand or accept is quite often the decision to eat crap food is in a lot of respects a daily battle for some due to various factors.. sometimes emotional.. sometimes physical. But either way.. if it were as simple as flicking a switch.. no one would be overweight who doesn't want to be. But it really isn't that simple for a lot of people. The issues can be deep rooted.. to such an extent that the brain can be making unconscious decisions for you that sabotage your desires to make the best decisions.

So she is proving nothing. You can't fake an emotional issue that prompts over eating. Although one does wonder if she herself is hiding some sort of issue.

Good call. Her little 'experiment' is null.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Katie Hopkins.... bit of a looker... seems to
    be popping up a lot on TV ....... giving her opinion on all kinds of subjects...
    is she the new Christine Hamilton ?
    go here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLAvl0z4Kvk

can't stand the hateful troll
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Hopkins.... bit of a looker... seems to
    be popping up a lot on TV ....... giving her opinion on all kinds of subjects...
    is she the new Christine Hamilton ?
    go here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLAvl0z4Kvk

I wouldn't say she's a looker at all, but people think differently. She's definitely not the new Christine Hamilton because Christine Hamilton comes across as quite okay. Hopkins is an idiot who just tries to be as controversial as possible.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Stick her in the Big Brother house with Mel B and Josie Cunningham. Then turn the cameras off and throw away the key :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stick her in the Big Brother house with Mel B and Josie Cunningham. Then turn the cameras off and throw away the key :)

If Hopkins does go in, she'll likely be slated by any housemate that would be criticised by Hopkins in the outside world. Anyone who strongly criticises Hopkins is great as far as I'm concerned. I could have laughed when Hopkins said on This Morning that she didn't like children being named after places/countries. Erm, hello, your child's name is India. Of course, she said that was different. Of course it is Katie, you keep telling yourself that. He he. She fairly buggered that up, which goes to show that she must just be living up to a character that she's created for herself in order to make money.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    If he goes in cbb she will probably end up the same as her stint in I'm a celeb, quiet as a mouse
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »

I didnt see the show, was she doing it to shock like a Super Size Me kind of thing (the doc where Morgan Spurlock ate nothing but McDs for a month). Everyone knows eating that much crap isnt good for you, but it got people's attention right?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. It's just an extreme version of someone over doing it over Christmas, putting on the pounds and losing it again by sensible eating in the New Year. She's proved nothing except she's a rude, opinionated old hag but we knew that anyway
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    god this woman repulses me, she should be banned from appearing on me tv screen

she's been playing the pantomime villain ever since she became famous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaining three stone quickly means that she's likely to shed it more quickly anyway because she won't have gained all fat. Much of it will be water and suchlike- in the same vein as we can put on half a stone over Christmas fortnight but we'd have to eat an awful lot of calories over several days for that to be permanent, especially if we went back to eating normally afterwards.

KH's whole motivation for doing this can't equate to people who are dealing with longer term weight gain. As has already been said there are very likely to be some emotional issues behind this, ones which she personally does not have or really understand (Goodness knows, she does have some 'emotional issues', though- or a severe lack thereof!). Anyway, she is not comparing 'like' with 'like'. If she's naturally slim, which she seems to be, her body will eventually find its way back to her usual weight when her eating returns to baseline, maybe with a bit of effort if she wants to slim down quickly. To me, it just comes across as another ego-boosting exercise for herself, so she can turn round to overweight people and say, 'Look how easy it is (to lose weight)!' If she's genuinely gaining weight to try and understand life from the perspective of an overweight person, fair play to her but AFAIK she hasn't stated this.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

KH is just one of those people with the brass neck to be more outspoken than the rest of us are in public and not care enough about the feedback to let it get to her. Sometimes, I envy her thick skin but not at the price of being generally nasty and obtuse to get money and/or attention. Social niceties exist for a reason. They can protect the feelings of people when they are vulnerable and help us to get along in otherwise awkward situations. There are people who don't see the point in social etiquette or regard it as 'weak'. Personally, I'd rather that than cover up a bullying streak in me by saying 'I speak as I find!' or 'I'm only telling it as it is!' If someone is obnoxious with me I can be obnoxious back but I don't go looking for it.

ETA: Just found this. She has lost the weight already. Just as I assumed...gained and lost in a relatively short time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2891454/Katie-Hopkins-reported-police-committing-hate-crime-Angry-plus-size-campaigner-calls-cops-TV-star-labels-unhealthy.html
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So she is proving nothing. You can't fake an emotional issue that prompts over eating. Although one does wonder if she herself is hiding some sort of issue.

Speaking of issues...

The thing that most reeks with her for me is that she apparently suffers from very severe epilepsy and has spoken at length about this. Along with the medication she takes (enough to stun an elephant, according to her), you'd think that diet would be a key consideration, and not something she'd mess around with....

...And yet, here she was/is, stuffing herself with crappy food with no nutritional value for the sake of making a pointless point (as per your very rational earlier post), and possibly negating the value/benefits of the medication she's taking to keep her 'severe' epilepsy under control...

I mean, really, it just doesn't make sense. Why would someone so restricted by epilepsy do something so potentially detrimental to their health?
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    god this woman repulses me, she should be banned from appearing on me tv screen

she's been playing the pantomime villain ever since she became famous

So why hasn't Jim Davisdon been banned yet?
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    If he goes in cbb she will probably end up the same as her stint in I'm a celeb, quiet as a mouse

Yes. She'll have no escape in there, and will not be able to hide behind her Twitter account. I suspect she'll be a background character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Speaking of issues...

The thing that most reeks with her for me is that she apparently suffers from very severe epilepsy and has spoken at length about this. Along with the medication she takes (enough to stun an elephant, according to her), you'd think that diet would be a key consideration, and not something she'd mess around with....

...And yet, here she was/is, stuffing herself with crappy food with no nutritional value for the sake of making a pointless point (as per your very rational earlier post), and possibly negating the value/benefits of the medication she's taking to keep her 'severe' epilepsy under control...

I mean, really, it just doesn't make sense. Why would someone so restricted by epilepsy do something so potentially detrimental to their health?

Another good point, Bela.

As I added on earlier, she's lost the weight she gained now. Apparently the whole exercise took 3 months from baseline back to baseline. In the above article, she's also ticked off a lot of overweight people by 'shoving it in their faces', just as I expected she would. One of them threatened to 'phone the police, accusing her of a fattist hate crime but I really think that is a step too far. I would have said to the woman concerned not to give her the satisfaction of seeing you get riled. That's her oxygen. She really is pathetic. Yes, we do have a considerable obesity problem in this country but Katie Hopkins is NOT the person to tackle it with her simplistic, negative, judgemental claptrap.

FWIW, Katie, if you deign to read any of DS, I am not overweight but don't go making cheap judgements about people who are. That's because I'm educated enough to go beyond cheap soundbytes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing a YouTube video today, Hopkins revealed that this is exactly what she wants. She told the person interviewing her that she'd hate it if people just didn't bother talking about her. Link below. The part I'm talking about starts at 0:37.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqXLOtYXdeE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good point, Bela.

As I added on earlier, she's lost the weight she gained now. Apparently the whole exercise took 3 months from baseline back to baseline. In the above article, she's also ticked off a lot of overweight people by 'shoving it in their faces', just as I expected she would. One of them threatened to 'phone the police, accusing her of a fattist hate crime but I really think that is a step too far. I would have said to the woman concerned not to give her the satisfaction of seeing you get riled. That's her oxygen. She really is pathetic. Yes, we do have a considerable obesity problem in this country but Katie Hopkins is NOT the person to tackle it with her simplistic, negative, judgemental claptrap.

FWIW, Katie, if you deign to read any of DS, I am not overweight but don't go making cheap judgements about people who are. That's because I'm educated enough to go beyond cheap soundbytes.

I don't think that's the reason why she's doing it. I'd guess that she's simply trying to convince people (tax payers) that all overweight people on benefits should just lose weight, simple as. However, some overweight people will be overweight because of a medical condition. Hopkins isn't doing the 'whole journey' anyway. She's only put on a bit of weight when compared with people who are very noticeably overweight.
  • AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought her Ebola comments were quite funny and I'm Scottish :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxeVictim wrote: »

I think her nerve is quite funny. If I looked as unfortunate as her the last thing I would be worried about would be my weight.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AxeVictim wrote: »

She is awful, but those tweets were funny. You can tell they were meant jokingly by her signing off with, "it's just not cricket".

That thread chugged along at a pace and just adds to her unsavoury DS legacy.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Hopkins.... bit of a looker..

If you are into deformed horses then yes. A real looker.

Apologies to any deformed horses reading this.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her nerve is quite funny. If I looked as unfortunate as her the last thing I would be worried about would be my weight.

I suppose people have different tastes, but I don't find her appealing at all. She probably knows that she's not one of the beauties of the celebrity/showbiz world anyway.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think her TLC show could be postponed as her comment on Ebola was out of order
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Not so independent when it matters are we jocksville?' Outrage as Katie Hopkins jokes about Scotland sending Ebola patient back to England for treatment

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2891039/Outrage-Katie-Hopkins-jokes-Scotland-sending-Ebola-patient-England-treatment.html#ixzz3NOpfzJ7e

She really is a revolting bitch. >:(

(We are all to blame though by paying attention to her wicked, spiteful poison. :blush:)

Philip Scofield has thrown her under a bus for this. Said she is only very occassionally a guest in the past.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Philip Scofield has thrown her under a bus for this. Said she is only very occassionally a guest in the past.

Police are now involved.
    Good.

Katie Hopkins is today being investigated by police after a Twitter outburst in which she said 'little sweaty Jocks' were 'sending Ebola bombs' to England after a Scottish nurse got the disease.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2892462/Police-launch-probe-Katie-Hopkins-tweets-sweaty-jocks-sending-Ebola-bombs-England-12-000-people-sign-petition-calling-ARRESTED.html#ixzz3NW8snEwP

Twice in two days.
    Who is ever going to employ rent-a-gob now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no sympathy for her if she lands up in hot water over that. She was trying to be 'clever' and now she may have to take the consequences. It's her own fault.
This discussion has been closed.