The longest album never made!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dazsin wrote:
    I liked it, I think the 7 year wait did it no favours - maybe people expected too much. Plus the group is back to how it started, Just Liam - no Maxim, Leeroy or Keith (they all left the band)

Actually, when the band started it was Liam, Keith, Leeroy, Maxim and Sharkey, but she left when they started to become successful.

All of the members but Liam are really only there for the live show, although he let some of them contribute some vocals for the previous couple of albums.

Also Maxim is quite prominent on 'More Girls' the b-side to Girls, so I'm not sure where you came up with the idea that they had left the band.

Liam is already writing the next album by the way, and the new tracks I have heard are far superior to AONO, so it should be a good one :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just posted somewhere else that Portishead's new album - if it comes out this year - will be nearly 9 years after "Portishead" came out. Far too long to wait! It'll almost certainly be quality though.
  • DazsinDazsin Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gregmantis wrote:
    Actually, when the band started it was Liam, Keith, Leeroy, Maxim and Sharkey, but she left when they started to become successful.

All of the members but Liam are really only there for the live show, although he let some of them contribute some vocals for the previous couple of albums.

Also Maxim is quite prominent on 'More Girls' the b-side to Girls, so I'm not sure where you came up with the idea that they had left the band.

Liam is already writing the next album by the way, and the new tracks I have heard are far superior to AONO, so it should be a good one :D

*sigh*

On the very first Prodigy recording it was just Liam - FACT

Only Liam features on the album (i never mentioned b-sides) - FACT

All the other members did leave the band, regardless of wether they have now re-joined or just join in on tours - FACT
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dazsin wrote:
    All the other members did leave the band, regardless of wether they have now re-joined or just join in on tours - FACT

They never left, they just weren't used on AONO. I imagine they'll be on the next one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dazsin wrote:
    *sigh*

Well, What Evil Lurks was written before the Prodigy existed, but was released as the Prodigy. The Prodigy has always consisted of Liam, Maxim and Keith, and used to have Leeroy and Sharky too. It doesn't function like other bands, because Liam is the only one who is really involved musically. They never left the band. They just weren't involved in the album.
    like jilted , keef and maxim were'nt involved musically and they are not on this album. ALL 3 of us will be together to do what we do and play this record live and rock it later in the year, we cant fukin wait!
    But, I mean yeah, the whole idea of like, me writing this record and Keith doing this whole solo thing has led to the confusion about “Are they going to be on the record? Are they not? Has the band split up?”, and all that shit. So it's now time to say “Here we are, playing live, and making music, I like to turn it on its head. It will be rocking!”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must i keep posting?

CHECK YOUR FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liam started the band, i belive one maybe 2 singles were released, then the others joined the band.

Maxim, Keith and Leeroy DID leave the band, just search for any prodigy biography on google or whatever, just dont keep correcting me until youve checked your facts!!! Jesus
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dazsin wrote:
    Must i keep posting?

CHECK YOUR FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liam started the band, i belive one maybe 2 singles were released, then the others joined the band.

Maxim, Keith and Leeroy DID leave the band, just search for any prodigy biography on google or whatever, just dont keep correcting me until youve checked your facts!!! Jesus

Putting "FACT" after something doesn't make incorrect statements correct.

Liam started DJing at raves in Essex where he met Keith, who asked him for a tape of his favourite tunes. Liam put some of his own tunes on it and labelled it 'Prodigy' after his synth. Keith played it to his friends Leeroy and Sharky and they suggested starting a band with Liam, which they ended up calling the Prodigy. Maxim got brought in for their first gig, as I recall by their manager.

Sharky left when they got a record deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the first biog I found on Google, no reference to them leaving: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~eribr/prodigy/description.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there no Prodigy fans here who can back me up and prove these jokers wrong??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Howlett, the prodigy behind the group's name, was trained on the piano while growing up in Braintree, Essex. He began listening to hip-hop in the mid-'80s and later DJed with the British rap act Cut to Kill before moving on to acid house later in the decade. The fledgling hardcore breakbeat sound was perfect for an old hip-hop fan fluent in up-tempo dance music, and Howlett began producing tracks in his bedroom studio during 1988. His first release, the EP What Evil Lurks, became a major mover on the fledgling rave scene in 1990. After Howlett met up with Keith Flint and Leeroy Thornhill (both Essex natives as well) in the growing British rave scene, the trio formed the Prodigy later that year. Howlett's recordings gained the trio a contract with XL Records, which re-released What Evil Lurks in February 1991."

point proven?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dazsin wrote:
    point proven?

No. You said they had left and came back, all that shows is they weren't there to start with, which we all knew and didn't argue with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm upon reading that text again it doesnt do much my case on second thoughts. I do know that an ep or single (or more than one) exists with just Liam and was recorded as the prodigy before they became a trio.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dazsin wrote:
    jokers

11 posts up you called me someone with knowledge, remember?

I honestly don't think I'm wrong about this. If I am then sorry, but don't tell me I am or resort to insults without backing up what you're saying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to re-lighten up the thread... found this site (http://www.somewhere4u.co.uk/djpages/mrc.html, a good Mr C biog, though very low on details about the Shamen's excellent last 3 albums) about Mr C of the Shamen talking about pre-Prodigy days:

"Between 1989-90 Mr C also found time to play as resident DJ at The Barn in Braintree, Essex. A young Liam Howlett and his pal Keith Flint used to hang out. "I remember Liam Howlett handed me a mix tape. It was early rave stuff. I said to him, lose the breaks, lose the cheese, and you'll go a long way," says Mr C. Howlett went on to form The Prodigy. "Thankfully," laughs Mr C now, "they totally ignored my advice." "
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irs.uk wrote:
    11 posts up you called me someone with knowledge, remember?

I honestly don't think I'm wrong about this. If I am then sorry, but don't tell me I am or resort to insults without backing up what you're saying.

Sorry man, didnt mean it as an insult. Although i am attempting to back up what i'm saying!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problem :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dazsin wrote:
    *sigh*

err wrong, they're just not on the present album

FACT

jeez get off that high horse of yours and start backing up those FACTS with some basis - like links for instance maybe :rolleyes:
  • TadpoleTadpole Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SlashNX wrote: »
    CHINESE DEMOCRACY!! There was a special article in the New York Times about this "special album". For those who don't know its Axl Rose's (the new Guns N Roses) album thats been due out for years now. Its spent 11 years in the making and has had $13 million spent on it!!! It was scheduled or atleast rumoured by HMV for an April release but has been taken off the list as Axl once again takes it back to the studios. Do you guys think this apparantly "amazing" album will ever see the light of day? Or even for that matter whether it will be a good album, ive heard some live version of some of their new stuff and to be honest it wanted me to rip the Guns N Roses poster off my wall because it was that dreaful!! What do other people think?

Now coming out Nov 24th, by the looks of it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chinese-Democracy-Guns-N-Roses/dp/B000NQDFP8
  • TadpoleTadpole Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tadpole wrote: »
    Well, the Beach Boys' "Smile" was started in 1966 by Brian Wilson and abandoned, only to be re-recorded and finally released in 2004 under Brian Wilson's own name. 38 years from writing to completion must be a record.

http://www.brianwilson.com/news/press_releases.html#3

The 1960's version of Smile is now being re-assembled and released, 44 years after it was recorded, and 7 years after Brian Wilson re-recorded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag-K0vEagPc