Options

The Girl Who Became Three Boys - C4 7/8/12

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Great new comedy series, when's part 2 on?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Beau_Soir wrote: »
    Didn't exactly learn her lesson did she? Not so traumatised then....

My thoughts exactly
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blaketon wrote: »
    A 15 year old gets sexually assaulted and all this thread can do is call the girl thick and wonder why the girl who assaulted her went to prison?

How compassionate you all are.

The documentary didn't treat any of the victims with any kind of compassion... it was all rather weirdly presented :confused:
  • Options
    Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say that my main concern is that someone was sent to prison for essentially a bad episode of hollyoaks!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Excellent, she's not bright so getting sexually assaulted is just fine. Never mind that the assaulter pleaded guilty.
  • Options
    pognog2pognog2 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She met her new boyfriend on Facebook she didn't learn her lesson did she - while I cab sympathise with the upset of being lied to and assault Jessica seems to be using this whole mess to her advantage
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    The documentary didn't treat any of the victims with any kind of compassion... it was all rather weirdly presented :confused:

Agreed, odd style of presenting.
  • Options
    wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 15 year old gets sexually assaulted and all this thread can do is call the girl thick and wonder why the girl who assaulted her went to prison?

How compassionate you all are.

i dont believe she was sexually assaulted at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, she's not bright so getting sexually assaulted is just fine. Never mind that the assaulter pleaded guilty.

I think the whole thing is nuts
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    pognog2 wrote: »
    She met her new boyfriend on Facebook she didn't learn her lesson did she - while I cab sympathise with the upset of being lied to and assault Jessica seems to be using this whole mess to her advantage

I guess she can thank mark zuckerberg for that.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Agreed, odd style of presenting.
    Maybe the presenter - even the whole production crew, camera team and director - were also Gemma in disguise (well, a hat).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Talk about victim blaming!

A 15 year old CHILD is sexually assaulted and it's her own fault for being naive, thick, trusting and a bit of a drama queen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    I guess she can thank mark zuckerberg for that.

Very good point!
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt sympathy for the assault but it was hard. That Jess seemed a little... off if you know what I mean. She seemed so naive yet sorta stuck up. I just found the whole thing rather odd.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new high in Channel 4 documentary making. I hope Honda are proud to sponsor such great investigative journalism!
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She appears to have bounced back quite well, considering she was sexually assaulted, whereas the other girl Alice can't even show her face. Gemma has ASD, she wasn't just a normal everyday kid. She probably would think differently to any other child and got lost in her own make believe personas, which would explain why she didn't just drop all the aliases once the police got involved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like the whole show was geared to make them looks bad as possible. Well it worked
  • Options
    etpetp Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new high in Channel 4 documentary making. I hope Honda are proud to sponsor such great investigative journalism!
    :D and there was me about to upgrade my Civic to a newer model.. this has just put me off.
  • Options
    eurofandaveeurofandave Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    That was a very strange programme.If Jess was screaming at least 3 times for Connor to stop when he was assualting her,how come Jess's nan (unless she is deaf) never heard her scream out seeing as she was in the next room? I did find Jess quite the actress in this but i felt really sorry for Alice.
  • Options
    TammiTammi Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the issue people have is this Jess girl didn't shout "sexual assault" until these boys were revealed to be Gemma, also people have a hard time believing she didn't know these 4 people who she hung around with and got intimate with for a substantial amount of time were the same person, this "mastermind" is actually a young girl with a learning disability, the Jess girl in particular has used every op to get in the newspapers and tv, acts very fake and then has screenshots posted of her FB boasting about how wonderful it is that she is now "famous" and ow she is going to buy lots of cool stuff with all the money she is earning from interviews, then she's back on FB picking up more boys which is the place she met these so called boys who all sexually assaulted her....

It doesn't come across like you're average sex assault victim does it?

I always thought this story was weird as I've said earlier in the thread :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tammi wrote: »
    I think the issue people have is this Jess girl didn't shout "sexual assault" until these boys were revealed to be Gemma, also people have a hard time believing she didn't know these 4 people who she hung around with and got intimate with for a substantial amount of time were the same person, this "mastermind" is actually a young girl with a learning disability, the Jess girl in particular has used every op to get in the newspapers and tv, acts very fake and then has screenshots posted of her FB boasting about how wonderful it is that she is now "famous" and ow she is going to buy lots of cool stuff with all the money she is earning from interviews, then she's back on FB picking up more boys which is the place she met these so called boys who all sexually assaulted her....

I always thought this story was weird as I've said earlier in the thread :confused:

Brilliant post, I couldn't have put it better myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FranRose wrote: »
    Talk about victim blaming!

A 15 year old CHILD is sexually assaulted and it's her own fault for being naive, thick, trusting and a bit of a drama queen.

Nobody has said the victims are at fault, but the girl's story has huge holes in it.

She 15, 16 when the "boy" stayed at her house which is the legal age of consent. So the hysteria of her being a child in your post is a bit misguided imho.

There are also certain ironies in the girl's story.

I feel sympathy for all 3 girls involved for different reasons.

ETA: The poor child has managed to sell her story to The Sun and be paid for this documentary too most likely.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tammi wrote: »

she told alice she was sexually assaulted by Aaron, that's why the police got involved. At that point she had no idea any of the boys were Gemma.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    This whole thread is typical of victim blaming that happens after sexual assaults/rapes. Not everyone screams for help when they are attacked. There is no typical victim. Sorry for my mistake in thinking she was 15 when she was actually 16 but still barely more than a child. It may be the age of consent but she clearly didn't consent.

I personally can't imagine I would cash in after being victim to that but she isn't the first to do so and as was seen in the documentary she is clearly very naive.
  • Options
    TammiTammi Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    she told alice she was sexually assaulted by Aaron, that's why the police got involved. At that point she had no idea any of the boys were Gemma.

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh..... I'm not really buying it, her story has too many inconsistencies.

In years to come this is going to come out as a massive police cock up and 2 teenage girls who took a lie too far to cover up their own secrets.

Of course that is just my opinion and I may be wrong but I'd bet my last £ on it if I had to.