Under-rated by the judges/DS but loved by the public

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I like Louis and wouldn't be at all disappointed if he won.

I think he has come in from some very harsh criticism from the judges - particularly Craig - yet they praised Lisa to high heaven.

For me I would like either a Louis or Kimberley win. Dani leaves me cold tbh and Denise and James are :eek:

Louis and Flavia to win for me. Agree with the harsh critcism from the judges comment.
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    It's nice to see people improve and it is obvious that those who really cannot pick up dancing, no matter how nice they are (I was thinking of Johnny Ball, Jerry Hall and Sid Owen, great sports and nice people but pretty hopeless), unless they have a real "fun" aspect, are not going to get very far. Julian Clary did well because, despite his nerves, because after a while Erin worked her magic. I also saw him on on of the tours and he was great. Ann Widdecombe was a dreadful dancer but she was fun - she was also good when I saw her in panto last winter with Craig, kids love her! However it was obvious she wasn't going to get anywhere near the final.

I know a bit about stage school and musical theatre dancing and it is a totally different discipline to ballroom and Latin dancing. So is jigging about in girl group, quite different. No-one complained about Jill Halfpenny and she had been to stage school.

Whoever wins will be good.

I am impressed with Louis because he has tried so hard and is now showing his personality as well as mastering the technique (usually). He's a smashing bloke, wouldn't we all (over a certain age), be proud to have him as a son? Denise is gorgeous, has shown great natural talent with Ballroom and Latin, which she has not been used to, and works terribly hard. Dani is an absolute poppet, I can't fault her and Vincent, they are great. For me, Kimberley and Pasha have that something extra now, and that has only come from work, but who knows what next weekend's show will produce?
    It has been such a good series. I'll be delighted to see the not quite forgotten contestants, like Colin Salmon, Sid, etc, in the audience, unless they have other commitments.
    Strictly rules as far as I am concerned and when it comes to competing with X-factor (which I record most of), no contest.
    I have to say something about Darcey Bussell. Ballet dancing is so different to anything they do on Strictly but she really does her homework and, as a Pilates expert, offers excellent advice. I love her and hope she comes back next year.