Tina Malone IVF

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
Forum Member
Good luck to Tina Malone and her partner for the IVF treatment. She is 50 and a few years ago I would have scoffed at the idea of a woman her age wanting a baby.
I am a grandparent in my 50s and see loads of us in the school playground who take care of grandchildren on a daily basis while our children work.
So I can see no reason why a person in their 50's is less likely to be a good active healthy parent for the duration of their child's childhood than someone twenty years or more younger.

Comments

• MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't disagree with you on that aspect, but looking at her and him on This Morning hardly gave a picture of solid, long-term committment:cool:
    I always wonder if Tina and Denise Welch were seperated at birth...:p
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Sadly as same with Denise Welch, it looks like they need baby to help their relationship?
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And neither Denise or Tina are pictures of glowing health for their ages either...I keep seeing Tina in that moment on CBB chomping on her toe nail...:eek:
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    And neither Denise or Tina are pictures of glowing health for their ages either...I keep seeing Tina in that moment on CBB chomping on her toe nail...:eek:

Or when she flashed her business? :o:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is vile. Remember her on CBB... disgusting woman. All she talked about was sex.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do some couples think having a baby will cement their relationship? Having kids won't change the unstable foundations ..it will add to them.. Sleepless nights etc will add stress not reduce it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Good luck to Tina Malone and her partner for the IVF treatment. She is 50 and a few years ago I would have scoffed at the idea of a woman her age wanting a baby.
    I am a grandparent in my 50s and see loads of us in the school playground who take care of grandchildren on a daily basis while our children work.
    So I can see no reason why a person in their 50's is less likely to be a good active healthy parent for the duration of their child's childhood than someone twenty years or more younger.

There's every reason. Age really starts to become evident when people reach their 60's. Afternoon naps, a few more visits to the doctor/hospital, less patience etc. Yes, some are lucky to have healthy, active life but it's relative and nothing like being in your 20's or 30's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    She is vile. Remember her on CBB... disgusting woman. All she talked about was sex.

I was saying the same, well almost. I think she's quite delusional about her acting ability, personality, appeal etc.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She naturally seems a "not nice" person. I don't know why I think that but she always comes across quite cold :o
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is vile. Remember her on CBB... disgusting woman....
    This, basically.

I don't have a problem with her age per se, but she's doing this for selfish, vanity and egotistical reasons: she has a grown up daughter or something, so it's not like she's childless...
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a reason for the menopause - lower quality eggs, more likely to have a baby with defects, etc. Nature knows what she's doing!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum wasn't exactly young when I was born as she was 33. 10 years later, she had my sister when she was 43. My sister always regrets that my parents were older than the average, and they often got mistaken for her grandparents.

From my own experience of older parents I feel strongly that women over 45 shouldn't be allowed IVF - even privately - as it affects the child. If Malone has a child now, by the time it's 20, she'll be over 70. She might be a healthy 70, but how many people reach that age without aches and pains or illnesses, serious or not?
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do some couples think having a baby will cement their relationship? Having kids won't change the unstable foundations ..it will add to them.. Sleepless nights etc will add stress not reduce it

Exactly BB, they will not find it easy,and it will be hard being elderly parents plus her menopause with a small child around.I love having little ones around me but, I would not want them 24/7.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilaeth wrote: »
    There's a reason for the menopause - lower quality eggs, more likely to have a baby with defects, etc. Nature knows what she's doing!

Absolutely agree. if she was 10 years younger, maybe even 5, then I'd say good luck to her but she appears to be doing it for the wrong reasons.

And I agree with those who say she was vile in CBB. She must be the only person who plays an absolutely hideous character on tv and is actually worse in real life.

Though the Princess from Shrek comment and Coolios reaction was tv gold :D
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    a baby is not a emotional sticking plaster
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2256695/Tina-Malone-perfect-time-pregnant.html

''Bipolar, neurotic and self obsessed'' but ''healther than I was 20 years ago''. Ideal candidate for motherhood - I don't think. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2256695/Tina-Malone-perfect-time-pregnant.html

''Bipolar, neurotic and self obsessed'' but ''healther than I was 20 years ago''. Ideal candidate for motherhood - I don't think. :rolleyes:

Christ on a bike, talk about mutton :eek:

Is she still claiming to be a size 10? :confused:
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...apart from anything else, how will the growing foetus get enough nutrients given she has a gastric band fitted?:confused: Whoever is performing this op for her is immoral to say the least. Stupid b!tch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, talk about mutton :eek:

Is she still claiming to be a size 10? :confused:

She ought to be locked up for crimes against fashion wearing stuff like that. Her '19 years younger' husband isn't up to much either. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a result for the husband though..........................no wonder he's smiling, he won't have to have sex with her to become a dad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinistra wrote: »
    It's a result for the husband though..........................no wonder he's smiling, he won't have to have sex with her to become a dad.

PMSL :D
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member

As well as smoking like a chimney.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lilaeth wrote: »

Quite.

The selfishness of these women who think they have the 'right' to keep popping out children just because they've met a new (usually younger) bloke.

They should accept that stage of their lives is over. Medical advances may have made it possible but should women just keep on having babies until they're 60 and beyond??!

Tina already has a daughter, so it's not as if she has 'missed out' on motherhood completely. It's just a selfish whim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Quite.

The selfishness of these women who think they have the 'right' to keep popping out children just because they've met a new (usually younger) bloke.

They should accept that stage of their lives is over. Medical advances may have made it possible but should women just keep on having babies until they're 60 and beyond??!

Tina already has a daughter, so it's not as if she has 'missed out' on motherhood completely. It's just a selfish whim.

She is so selfish. and then she started banging on about how she has bi polar and OCD. Having a baby is just going to make her situation worse.
    She also said she like sitting on the sofa with her hubbie in her onesie watching TV and also walking her dogs. When you have a new born baby you don't have time for sitting on the sofa.

She probably feels so energetic and great at this moment in her life because she doesnt have any stress - which a baby will definitely bring,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Wiki:

On 2 January 2009 she entered the Celebrity Big Brother house. .... On 16 January, Malone was the second person to be evicted from the Celebrity Big Brother House.[10] When she dressed up as Juliet for a Romeo and Juliet play Michelle Heaton told her she looked like the princess out of Shrek, afterwards claiming to have been referring to the style of dress. Coolio realising that she had meant that Tina looked like an ogress, laughed and tried to get Michelle in trouble. Tina had not seen the film, so didn't know what the princess looked like, and was unfazed when the incident was explained to her. She later told Davina McCall during her eviction interview that she thought Michelle was saying she looked like Cameron Diaz who was the voice of the character. On the 24th May 2012 was declared bankrupt by Manchester Civil Justic Centre.

BIB Confirms my post #9 about being delusional! :D

So, if she's bankrupt who's paying for this IVF?