Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    Been on since the last decade .... I only knew MTV advertised them :o £4.50 per week - who you kidding??

Ads should be banned as some people may not be quite smart enough to know its a big rip off, and 4.50 a week is way too much
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Azeria coffe advert is really naff, sad pathetic eunuch runs off to some crappy greasy spoon to get his bint a barista style coffee, Man that guy does not have custody of his gonads to roll over and do such a sad pathetic thing for the ungrateful mare.

Also what the hell is so special about barista style coffee anyway, it's just instant crud that pretends to be special.

What the hell is 'barista style coffee' anyway, isn't it just 'coffee'?

Can't be doing with all this pony nonsense designed to appeal to brain-dead urbanised metrosexual gimps who don't need a drink - they need a damned good kicking!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie Corbett in those ads for privatised Meals on Wheels. I am sorry the little chappie isn't well but I find him rather cringe-making and the ads are just sad and embarrassing.

Hate Corbett with a passion. His voice is also on some radio ads and I can't abide it.

The guy is a talentless little shit who should shuffle off this mortal coil forthwith.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disturbed wrote: »
    The sour-faced old woman doing the new tea-price comparison for some supermarket chain, pouring out the leftovers from the dog and 'offering' it to her husband. What a vile, nasty, piece of work she is.

Disgusting advert. Complete gross and vile.

Why would this make anyone want to shop at Aldi?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads should be banned as some people may not be quite smart enough to know its a big rip off, and 4.50 a week is way too much

Erm, that is their problem.once you start censoring to suit the lowest intellect you end up with ITV.

I don't watch ITV.
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Macmillan cancer one .

The woman sounds so smug and dreary.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Birds Eye fish fingers advert ..yuk
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't rememberr who it's from, but there's one for a holiday price comparison website - like Trivago, but it's not them - that has something about holiday romances, and what would happen when the guys find out the girls paid less for their holiday.

I've had several holiday romances, but the price we paid never came up.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That coke advert, if it was a bunch of men that did that to a woman so she could get her top off, every woman watching would be complaining about it.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the Premier Inn adverts, the way Lenny Henry talks makes me extremely irritable rather than making me calm like it's supposed to. To be honest it's the opposite of soothing, which is the atmosphere they were tying to encapsulate with those adverts.

It's just like the M&S adverts that were on a few years ago with the Fleetwood Mac song 'Albatross' in the background and the woman (I don't know who she is) talking over the top seductively, "This not just any food, it's M&S food". I think that M&S do top quality food but that advert irritated the hell out of me, rather than enticing me it left me with aggressive urges.

I just think I hate fake, put-on voices. I trust my own judgment when booking a hotel room or buying food, I don't need your bullshit to win me over.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky News - ad for the Budget (I believe is Wednesday) MP's "rapping" music .... terrible!!! :o
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I remember when they first advertised them I thought it was my eyes but why charge so much its unreal! Surprised they advertise it during the day but then again they need the money...
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman who doesn't see that bloody duck in the bath at the end of the baby milk advert.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I can't rememberr who it's from, but there's one for a holiday price comparison website - like Trivago, but it's not them - that has something about holiday romances, and what would happen when the guys find out the girls paid less for their holiday.

I've had several holiday romances, but the price we paid never came up.

Part of the dumb men aren't good at finding deals ads that are going round.
    Just like the black circles one with the man and woman who've bought tyres but guess who paid more?
    Didn't know men are bad at finding deals especially when it comes to using the internet or cars.
    I guess the these are companies that only want women's money which is fine as they won't get mine.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I came here to nominate the Army "you pull, you earn, you learn..." style adverts but as I was typing this, I saw for the first time an advert that's sure to attract the attention of regulars to this thread.

The blinkbox #gohippo advert.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why do people keep saying she offers it to her husband or it that a different ad I'm seeing?
  • Options
    RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't even watch that advert, i know it's supposed to be funny but just seeing the dog lapping at the saucer makes me want to vom! :(
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please say I'm not the only one to have witnessed the utterly jaw dropping advert from those ambulance chasing scumbags Hampson Hughes?, a lot of singing and they even throw in a couple of what looks like coloured dinosaurs, just saw it on the History Channel.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this doesn't make me sound cold or harsh but I just don't like the cancer advert. It is so cringe worthy!

"We're coming to get you, Cancer and this time, we've brought GORILLAS!"

Ugh. It just makes me want to hide away and curl up in a ball.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Banardo's advert is terrible. Not sure why they juxtapose the girl with the lad. She is over acting too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    That TSB ad is driving me insane atm. It's the terrible whistling going on while the woman is talking, I cannot bear it.
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lillith wrote: »
    Not just Kids. I have to look away when it comes on.

Me too. :(
    lectrospin wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying she offers it to her husband or it that a different ad I'm seeing?

She shouts up to him "Nice cup of tea Herrald!" (I think the name is supposed to be 'Harold' but I spelt it as she says it...

Just thought of another - the ad where the kids are saying all the different words for their private parts. I see what the ad is trying to achieve but kids are kids....and this will only encourage them to use such words at the most inappropriate times.
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Wales tourist board, for ensuring I go anywhere but your country until you drop that God awful whimpery, breathy girl singing from your endless advert.>:(

Oh I totally agree, it's my current most hated ad because of that 'fingernails scraping down a blackboard' song!
    The magic eraser by Flash, one of the voices sound so gormless, it really is one of the most annoying voices I have ever heard.................
    TracerTong wrote: »
    It reminds me of the gormless Craig Cash on Royle Family.

I detest that voice too - it's so put on, falsely drawn out. I always thought they were trying to sound like Craig Cash, but it's way too OTT. Craig Cash's 'Dave' voice is pure comedy gold, IMO, but not the voice in the ad, that's just irritating!

xx
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Jus-Rol advert using a Judas Priest song. WTF?
  • Options
    macavity77macavity77 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Warner Leisure. I am surprised that Colin hasn't already bumped off his irritating and limited wife as I would certainly like too. Also what is that Barclays ad with the hamsters all about? Some bloke with a foreign name I can quite catch talking about his dull life with 6 kids and a loft conversion.

It seems that the ad companies think we all aspire to very mundane lives.
This discussion has been closed.