Loose Ends ... why?

missmaisiemissmaisie Posts: 170
Forum Member
To be honest I haven't listened to it for ages ... but happened to this eve.

In the past I do remember cringing at some of Ned Sherrin's bad jokes and the 'in house' laughter was always annoying BUT ...
to hear Boy George being chuckled at this evening really took the biscuit. This vile man was jailed for 15 months after being found guilty of 'gratuituous violence' with the judge saying that his 'premeditated, callous, degrading actions traumatised the victim'.

Oh, so let's joke about it with comments like 'orange really suited you, it is retro '80's'

ha ha

Yet another dumbing down, down, down of a programme that originally showed intellect of sorts ... sigh

Comments

• R300R300 Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know about Loose Ends but The Now Show was funny this afternoon...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boy George is trying to get on with things and repair his damaged image no doubt - there's rumours about him being in Celebrity Big Brother soon.

He no doubt wants to get on with things and put the past in the past. Yes, he did something wrong but the guy's served his time for it hasn't he?
  • StubcrouchStubcrouch Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I wish Loose Ends was still on Saturday mornings - a far more cheerful start to the day than that God Awful Saturday Dead with the monotone Fi Glover (The exception to the rule that radio presenters are chosen for their good voices!). Never before has theire been such a miserable programme on the radio! I thought we were in for salvation when the programme controller called it's predecessor "Maudlin" but no - he gutlessely replaced it with more of the same. I tune in sometimes just to see if anything's changed, but it's nearly always about the death of a loved one, the suffering of a relative with an incurable disease - the agony of losing a pet.

Billy Connolly once wrote 'The Country and Western Supersong'. To make the perfect one apparently, he said; "You need death, and plenty of it, and preferably a relative who's disabled" It sums up "Saturday Live"(sic) quite well I think.
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loose ends is just a boring old luvviefest
  • StubcrouchStubcrouch Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Ned Sherrin RIP - Name dropper extraordinaire! :eek:

Bless.