Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who'd win in a fight?
I say Superman, but my son says Wolverine. :confused:

Comments

• solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Superman, easy. He can hover above Wolverine and laser him with his eyes. Probably quite a shit fight, actually.

Unless Wolverine bring some Kryptonite to the party. That changes things.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not so clear cut - Wolverine can regenerate from even a tiny body part. In theory, he could tire Superman out, but even his adamantium claws couldn't penetrate Superman's skin.

I'd say Superman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 13 year old points out that Wolverine is indestructible.

So is Superman minus the kryptonite allergy.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River 07 wrote: »
    My 13 year old points out that Wolverine is indestructible.

Then he should really be fighting Captain Scarlet. Can we arrange that?
  • The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    Then he should really be fighting Captain Scarlet. Can we arrange that?

I LOVE Captain Scarlet I do! :o
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River 07 wrote: »
    Who'd win in a fight?
    I say Superman, but my son says Wolverine. :confused:

I'd say Superman because he could blast Wolverine with his icy breath (which would create ice) which would then cause Wolverine's heart to slow down and eventually stop! Even if Wolverine's heart didn't stop, Superman could then just punch through the ice to rip his heart out ..... unless Wolverine had the ability to regenerate his heart perhaps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well blow me down, there's a comics sub-forum. You learn something new every day.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'd say Superman because he could blast Wolverine with his icy breath (which would create ice) which would then cause Wolverine's heart to slow down and eventually stop! Even if Wolverine's heart didn't stop, Superman could then just punch through the ice to rip his heart out ..... unless Wolverine had the ability to regenerate his heart perhaps.

Wolverine can regenerate from a single cell I think.

If Superman used his heat vision to completely vapourise Wolverine, then I think he could beat him that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    Well blow me down, there's a comics sub-forum. You learn something new every day.

Who knew?
  • TorquarTorquar Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Superman.

He could fly Wolverine into space and have him hurtling towards the sun before Wolverine even realised he'd been attacked.

Of course Superman would never do this, because he's too goody goody :D.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wolverine would be too sneaky to take Superman on directly when there is a more simple and efficient way to neutralize him.

He'd just gut that Lane b*tc h and leave the alien crying in his beer, totally incapable of causing any further problems. Wrap that in your cape and smoke it, bub.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <nerd>

If Batman can sneak up on Superman then Wolverine could as well.

That leaves it down to whether or not Marvel's "magical" adamantium claws could cut through Supe's skin. I'd say yes.

Wolverine also has a good track record of sniffing out secret identities so he could probably get the drop on Clark.

But in a straight out duel starting 50 yards apart then it would be Superman every time.

</nerd>
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superman, I reckon, unfortunately...
    Wolverine isn't indestructible, he's just very tough and has a healing factor. He can no longer regenerate from a single cell, either. A storyline not so long ago dealt with the fact that he can die now (makes things more interesting for the writers). Also, he hasn't got superhuman strength or anything. Superman would pound him into the ground.

...unless Wolverine coated his adamantium skeleton in kryptonite...

Woo, not had this kind of discussion for about 20 years, cheers peeps! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Superman, I reckon, unfortunately...
    Wolverine isn't indestructible, he's just very tough and has a healing factor. He can no longer regenerate from a single cell, either. A storyline not so long ago dealt with the fact that he can die now (makes things more interesting for the writers). Also, he hasn't got superhuman strength or anything. Superman would pound him into the ground.

...unless Wolverine coated his adamantium skeleton in kryptonite...

Woo, not had this kind of discussion for about 20 years, cheers peeps!
    :D

That's the joy of having Children! :D

Grrr, he won't change his mind though. He insists Wolverine would win, but I think he's also being stubborn to wind me up. [Like Father, Like Son.] :o:)
  • RolnikovRolnikov Posts: 967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd think Superman, but remember that in DC Versus Marvel Storm defeated Wonder Woman. :rolleyes:
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veering away from pure Wolverine...

I think Dark Claw could kill the boy scout. Wolverine's adamantium skeleton plus mutant powers, combined with Batman's intelligence, technology, and "sneaky cheating bastard" factor.
  • Cult of Z-ListCult of Z-List Posts: 5,113
    Forum Member
    Superman. He could grab Wolverine, fly him into space and throw him into the sun. Even Wolvie couldn't come back from complete atomisation in a nuclear inferno.

The only way Wolvie could win would be by sneaky ambush tactics with a Kryptonite weapon, but I don't think Kryptonite exists in the Marvel Universe so he would have to cross the vibrational barrier first .......

Good god I am a nerd .....

PS Has Wolverine ever fought Lobo? (DC v Marvel maybe?)
  • Cult of Z-ListCult of Z-List Posts: 5,113
    Forum Member
    Rolnikov wrote: »
    You'd think Superman, but remember that in DC Versus Marvel Storm defeated Wonder Woman. :rolleyes:

Yeah and Aquaman defeated Namor by dropping a whale on him. :cry:

Absolute travesty
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolvie would win, simply because he's sneaky enough to glue Kryptonite to his claws. Game over.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Wolverine would win. He doesn't really have a weakness whilst Superman does, he's more of a natural fighter too.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superman would stomp all over Wolverine. He'd blitz him with speed, he'd blast the crap out of him with heat vision, and he'd also just drop him into the sun like a previous poster said. Without Kryptonite, Wolverine would be able to do zippity to Supes.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superman.
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superman is on a completely different level to Wolverine. Superman could knock out Wolverine with one punch, then drop him off in space or in the sun. No healing factor would save him from that.

Wolverine's claws might be able to cut through mostly anything, but I don't think Wolverine has the physical strength to push them into Superman. Superman's has super durability, and an aura. If you want a closer match up between Marvel and DC, pit Superman against Hulk, Thor or Sentry
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow.

OK, I'm a huge comic book fan, and have been since I could understand the basic shapes that made up the drawing of a human. Even before i could read, loved comics and the characters.

So please believe me when I say that this isn't even a fight. Superman annihilates Wolverine in 0.0000000009 of a second.

Wolverine isn't that much faster or stronger than your average human. Superman is splitting moons in half and travelling at or around lightspeed.

Some scale - the speed of thought is about the speed of sound, roughly. Superman, moving at or around lightspeed, is literally thousands of times faster than even Wolverine's thoughts. That means that before Wolverine has had the thought "I should pop my claws" he's been thrown into space where he'll float about forever, or in the sun, where he'd be incinerated to the point of no return.

The Marvel Vs DC comic people are referring to was decided by fans, not writers, so the results where essentially a popularity contest. Hence Wolverine taking Lobo, Storm beating Wonder Woman (similar reaction/strength defecit as Superman and Wolverine) and other such things.

I promise, guys, straight up fight and Wolverine is a small pile of dust and adamantium shavings.