Options

The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    I think tess saw it as a bit of fun but she did have deeper feelings for him. Asking a relative of a paitent where he was showed this

I originally had more sympathy for tess but i guess i always hate on the man cos theyre the married ones. I just dont think this is the case now and he will be heartbroken when she ends it (which she will what else can she do?!)
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Need his support because she is pregnant with his child and left alone heartbroken and devastated when he still chooses his family over her?

I know what you've spoilered but that doesn't mean that Tess won't be rejected by Fletch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Need his support because she is pregnant with his child and left alone heartbroken and devastated when he still chooses his family over her?

I know what you've spoilered but that doesn't mean that Tess won't be rejected by Fletch.

It's not a spoiler but speculation from the spoilers for this week. Fletch looks sad and distressed in the preview clips.
    she doesnt want to tell him about the baby

I think he would find it hard choosing his kids over the baby with tess, if fletch rejected tess it would defeat the whole s/l with them and re spoiler. There wouldnt be any point
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I said she deserved to be a little bit hurt. She has teased him and been smug, been quite harsh on him other times, she was loving it that she had a toyboy a little too much.

In my opinion, Tess has never been smug (in this storyline). And she has certainly never teased him. All I have seen, in the lead up to the affair, is a woman struggling with her feelings for a married man, and sometimes getting too close.

I liked the fact that Suzanne said she thought Fletch telling Tess not to contact him was cruel. I'm sure most people in Tess' situation would feel the same way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In my opinion, Tess has never been smug (in this storyline). And she has certainly never teased him. All I have seen, in the lead up to the affair, is a woman struggling with her feelings for a married man, and sometimes getting too close.

I liked the fact that Suzanne said she thought Fletch telling Tess not to contact him was cruel. I'm sure most people in Tess' situation would feel the same way.

I originally thought that but suzanne made it clear it was playful since the start. She didnt mention anything about her faith affecting tess' actions before now, its only now the baby stuff its been brought up,
    She definitely teased him in the pub at the end of what goes up

I dont think he did it to be cruel, not the way he said it and how he was in the office(i have already explained this and my fingers are too sore to retype ) fletch says things that he doesnt mean to be hurtful, im sure if he knew she was hurt he would have said she could
  • Options
    Forum Member

I agree with this. I think that most 3rd parties in the relationship would recognise the logic of being asked not to call their lover whilst they are on holiday with their family but it would still hurt if for no other reason thanit makes it clear that their ultimate priority and care is for their wife and children and not for you.

As Lotty said a couple of pages ago, it doesn't matter how nicely, regretfully he said it, the meaning was still clear - this next week my family comes first and I can't risk you rocking the boat by calling - no matter how much you need, want or miss me. That hurts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with this. I think that most 3rd parties in the relationship would recognise the logic of being asked not to call their lover whilst they are on holiday with their family but it would still hurt if for no other reason thanit makes it clear that their ultimate priority and care is for their wife and children and not for you.

As Lotty said a couple of pages ago, it doesn't matter how nicely, regretfully he said it, the meaning was still clear - this next week my family comes first and I can't risk you rocking the boat by calling - no matter how much you need, want or miss me. That hurts.
    But if tess knows fletch shed know he wasnt doing it to be cruel, he wanted to know that she understood why. He couldve said it much worse. He was going abroad and to a theme park so its not like it would have been easy.

He said he would miss her and would prefer to go away with her so that logic doesnt work and actually tess saying no to that would have hurt him too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I originally thought that but suzanne made it clear it was playful since the start. She didnt mention anything about her faith affecting tess" actions before now, its only now the baby stuff its been brought up,
    She definitely teased him in the pub at the end of what goes up

I dont think he did it to be cruel, not the way he said it and how he was in the office(i have already explained this and my fingers are too sore to retype ) fletch says things that he doesnt mean to be hurtful, im sure if he knew she was hurt he would have said she could

All Tess did at the end of that episode was touch him on the back. Their affair had already started!

I'm sure he didn't mean to be cruel. Suzanne was simply stating that being told not to call someone would make her feel bad. Yesterday, my friend said I looked tired. I didn't feel tired and I'm sure she didn't mean to be rude, but I still thought "What a bitch!" when she said it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All Tess did at the end of that episode was touch him on the back. Their affair had already started!

I'm sure he didn't mean to be cruel. Suzanne was simply stating that being told not to call someone would make her feel bad. Yesterday, my friend said I looked tired. I didn't feel tired and I'm sure she didn't mean to be rude, but I still thought "What a bitch!" when she said it.

I know but they tried to see each other alone, she couldve done so easily if she wanted to, couples can still tease each other but he doesnt tease her back and she says no when he tries to touch her or walks away so thats why i thought she seemed smug
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know but they tried to see each other alone, she couldve done so easily if she wanted to, couples can still tease each other but he doesnt tease her back and she says no when he tries to touch her or walks away so thats why i thought she seemed smug

Sorry, but which episode are you talking about now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but which episode are you talking about now?

what goes up when hes with jeff and dixie. Well basically that one and the last two eps covers all that,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tess was feeling ill, possibly menapausal and as it turns out pregnant and the one person she should be able to talk to about it is telling her to not call him for the next weeks. It doesn't matter how logical and sensible that is, that she should know that he wouldn't mean any harm, she was vulnerable and rejected at a time when she needs her lover the most so of course she would feel hurt.

I have been hurt countless times in my life and my rational mind has told me that others aren't meaning to upset me, it's not deliberate and they would probably be mortified if they knoew what a state I was in (the twitter debacle 2 weeks ago is the last time this happened to me) but the fact that my logical mind told me that no-one meant to be cruel didn't stop me sobbing myself to sleep at night.

Fletch may not have meant to hurt her, doesn't mean she wasn't hurt. Maybe she didn't mean to be cruel by giggling when he turned up jacketless to the interview but you seem to think that was nasty and she 'deserves' to be hurt because of it, amongst other things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He doesnt know about the baby :confused:

I just think suzanne could have worded it a bit better and not been so harsh, yes it might be a cruel thing to say in general but not coming from fletch.

She embarrassed him,yes. Again i think the suit should be out of the whole picture, i doubt tess wouldve given a damn about his suit and shed be more worried about sitting infront of the man shes having an affair with than what hes wearing,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It doesn't matter whether he knew about the baby or not - Tess did, she was vulnerable because of it and that influenced how she felt about what Fletch said to her and what Suzanne was commenting on was how Tess felt at that time. What she felt at that time was hurt - whether Fletch meant to do that or not.

Do you really not understand the concept of someone veing hurt without the person that hurt them having intended to? You see, I'm aware that I might have hurt your feelings by the bluntness of that comment but it wasn't my intention to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It doesn't matter whether he knew about the baby or not - Tess did, she was vulnerable because of it and that influenced how she felt about what Fletch said to her and what Suzanne was commenting on was how Tess felt at that time. What she felt at that time was hurt - whether Fletch meant to do that or not.

Do you really not understand the concept of someone veing hurt without the person that hurt them having intended to? You see, I'm aware that I might have hurt your feelings by the bluntness of that comment but it wasn't my intention to.
    well what about tess saying no to him wanting to go away with her? Wouldnt that hurt him yet she didnt mean to?

Thats what im saying, its okay for her to do it to him but anything he does wrong by her she has a problem with it. She acts too boss mode with him, personal and professional.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He doesnt know about the baby :confused:

I just think suzanne could have worded it a bit better and not been so harsh, yes it might be a cruel thing to say in general but not coming from fletch.
    Tess was feeling ill, possibly menapausal and as it turns out pregnant and the one person she should be able to talk to about it is telling her to not call him for the next weeks. It doesn't matter how logical and sensible that is, that she should know that he wouldn't mean any harm, she was vulnerable and rejected at a time when she needs her lover the most so of course she would feel hurt.

I have been hurt countless times in my life and my rational mind has told me that others aren't meaning to upset me, it's not deliberate and they would probably be mortified if they knoew what a state I was in (the twitter debacle 2 weeks ago is the last time this happened to me) but the fact that my logical mind told me that no-one meant to be cruel didn't stop me sobbing myself to sleep at night.

Fletch may not have meant to hurt her, doesn't mean she wasn't hurt. Maybe she didn't mean to be cruel by giggling when he turned up jacketless to the interview but you seem to think that was nasty and she 'deserves' to be hurt because of it, amongst other things.

KitKat1971, I agree with you completely.

Monalisa, Fletch not knowing about the baby is not the point. If he had known he may not have said what he did. Suzanne's comment was simply stating how Tess felt, given that she was already devastated by finding out she was pregnant.

Fletch has proven himself to be fairly decent, he was not being cruel when he spoke to Tess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KitKat1971, I agree with you completely.

Monalisa, Fletch not knowing about the baby is not the point. If he had known he may not have said what he did. Suzanne's comment was simply stating how Tess felt, given that she was already devastated by finding out she was pregnant.

Fletch has proven himself to be fairly decent, he was not being cruel when he spoke to Tess.

Yeah it wouldnt have been so bad if suzanne pointed this out, the way she said it just sounded way too harsh and had us fans worried he was being really cruel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well what about tess saying no to him wanting to go away with her? Wouldnt that hurt him yet she didnt mean to?

Thats what im saying, its okay for her to do it to him but anything he does wrong by her she has a problem with it. She acts too boss mode with him, personal and professional.

She said no to him touching her at work, she was trying to be professional.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She said no to him touching her at work, she was trying to be professional.

She also said no to him wanting to go away with her,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah it wouldnt have been so bad if suzanne pointed this out, the way she said it just sounded way too harsh and had us fans worried he was being really cruel

It didn't have me worried. I like to watch the episode before judging what an actor says in an interview.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It didn't have me worried. I like to watch the episode before judging what an actor says in an interview.

I meant "us fans" as in fans of them. Id hate it if fletch was cruel to her on purpose
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I meant "us fans" as in fans of them. Id hate it if fletch was cruel to her on purpose

I am a fan of them. I'm not totally happy with the storyline, but I like the pairing.

I thought you said she deserved to be a little bit hurt?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am a fan of them. I'm not totally happy with the storyline, but I like the pairing.

I thought you said she deserved to be a little bit hurt?

Ah ok. Oh yeah but not due to fletch being cruel, hes just too nice :p he needs to stay nice cos i like nice married guys whove just fallen in love and doesnt want to hurt anyone, :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah ok. Oh yeah but not due to fletch being cruel, hes just too nice :p he needs to stay nice cos i like nice married guys whove just fallen in love and doesnt want to hurt anyone, :)

Hahaha, well I hope it works out the way you want!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Why should she point it out - she was talking about how her character felt at Fletch's actions - not his motivations for it. That, quite frankly is for Alex to talk about and defend.

I still don't see why an interview would put a fan off watching - surely you should see the finished production complete with other scenes, directiin and editing before judging. Perhaps if interviews affect your enjoyment so much you should avoid reading them? Millions of people watch each week without buying Inside Soap etc or following the storylines here, on Twitter etc and I doubt it dents their enjoyment.
This discussion has been closed.