Options

Maria Fowler admits to calling Marcus Collins a 'half-breed'

daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s143/the-only-way-is-essex/news/a380259/towie-maria-fowler-sorry-for-half-breed-marcus-collins-comment.html

She also admits to calling him gay (maybe in a way that was offensive to him; we might never know but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt) in an update to that Daily Fail article.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Reprehensible cow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    She says "I can't be racist because I've been with mixed race guys" but she obviously used it as a offensive racial remark because they were having a twitter spat. If she didn't have a problem with that issue why did she bring it up.
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will somebody please lock this person away somewhere, She's a vile ignorant nobody.:mad:
  • Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think for one second Marcus was lying when he said she called him a racist name.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alf breed denotes race. She may not think she is a racist but she is using a race term in a derogatory way. IMO Marcus, who has been taking flack from both racists and homophobes was right to have a go at her over this. Whether in anger or not - she used his colour to attack him.

Whether the "gay" remark was spat at him as an insult we don't know but he took offense which suggests it was.

I had a feeling he was telling the truth on this.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh... What a silly lass she is. If this is how they behave, they both shouldn't be on Twitter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, half breed is a vile name to call someone!!! This woman should be arrested, she's nothing but a slapper who's famous for fk all.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    She says "I can't be racist because I've been with mixed race guys" but she obviously used it as a offensive racial remark because they were having a twitter spat. If she didn't have a problem with that issue why did she bring it up.

Exactly what I was thinking. If she didn't know it was racially offensive, or just offensive in general, then why use it during an argument?

I'm not a fan of either but atleast Marcus has a talent to sell and isn't just using magazine column inches and drunken set up paparazzi shots to stay in the public eye like this (not even on the alphabet) lister.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    It's a really old term to use, unless Maria uses that word more than she wants the public to think. She doesn't have to like Marcus, but she could have gone down the has-been failed popstar route. She didn't have to sink that low.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alf breed denotes race. She may not think she is a racist but she is using a race term in a derogatory way. IMO Marcus, who has been taking flack from both racists and homophobes was right to have a go at her over this. Whether in anger or not - she used his colour to attack him.

Whether the "gay" remark was spat at him as an insult we don't know but he took offense which suggests it was.

I had a feeling he was telling the truth on this.

see i still don't buy that story about the phone call he received last year, why didn't he hand the phone to the police? i have to be honest and say i doubted marcus`s version of events in this situation. so i must say i am sorry i got that wrong. however, the story of the boy that cried wolf springs mind to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    see i still don't buy that story about the phone call he received last year, why didn't he hand the phone to the police? i have to be honest and say i doubted marcus`s version of events in this situation. so i must say i am sorry i got that wrong. however, the story of the boy that cried wolf springs mind to be honest.

He wasn't lying this time, so why was he lying last time? What are the police going to do about abusive calls from a withheld number? He didn't leak the story in the first place somebody on the X Factor team did because they obviously thought it would get some publicity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You were not the only one who got it very wrong.

Another poster said he preferred her because she was "fit".
  • Options
    Forum Member

Maybe he didn't need the distraction while he competing on the show. Maybe he's so accustomed to being subjected to racism that this is how he deals with it now! You just admitted you got it wrong here, so I don't understand why you're still willing to make judgments without knowing all the facts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wasn't lying this time, so why was he lying last time? What are the police going to do about abusive calls from a withheld number? He didn't leak the story in the first place somebody on the X Factor team did because they obviously thought it would get some publicity.

that`s kind of my point, the story had little substance and cheapened the allegations in a bid for publicity. i have no idea if the caller withheld their number, but apparently he had his suspicions. so why not discuss those suspicions with the police?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that`s kind of my point, the story had little substance and cheapened the allegations in a bid for publicity. i have no idea if the caller withheld their number, but apparently he had his suspicions. so why not discuss those suspicions with the police?

How can you accuse someone on suspicions? Thats breathtakingly stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he didn't need the distraction while he competing on the show. Maybe he's so accustomed to being subjected to racism that this is how he deals with it now! You just admitted you got it wrong here, so I don't understand why you're still willing to make judgments without knowing all the facts!

i was merely explaining why i had my doubts and still do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Theres nowt so blind as those who don't want to see...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They would have to be seriously dim not to withhold their number, but I'm sure he's said somewhere that it was a withheld number.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you accuse someone on suspicions? Thats breathtakingly stupid.

then why go along with a press report claiming to have suspicions? so its ok the tell the media about the incident, but not the police?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    then why go along with a press report claiming to have suspicions? so its ok the tell the media about the incident, but not the police?

About the incident, yes - but he didn't name names did he? Without proof which you seem to damn him for - why go to the police?
  • Options
    Forum Member

So you're saying that because he chose not to involve the police, which he is perfectly within his right to do, means he's lying! Crime goes un-reported all the time! Doesn't mean it never happened! But you're obviously not going to budge on this so....
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an ignorant woman this Maria is proving to be. I believe Marcus has told the truth all along.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About the incident, yes - but he didn't name names did he? Without proof which you seem to damn him for - why go to the police?

if the media were told then why not the police? the priority was wrong in this instance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you're saying that because he chose not to involve the police, which he is perfectly within his right to do, means he's lying! Crime goes un-reported all the time! Doesn't mean it never happened! But you're obviously not going to budge on this so....

i said i had my doubts about the previous situation, not that i thought he was completely lying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if the media were told then why not the police? the priority was wrong in this instance.

But he was right not to go to the police as they would have laughed him out of the station on a "suspicion"

Doncha think?