Will You Be Watching The Super Bowl?

walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,786
Forum Member
I will definitely. One of the great sporting events.

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    no.

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    N-O no
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    I will definitely. One of the great sporting events.

Ah yes. The sporting event where people remember the commercials and the half-time shows not who played or who even won.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,786
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Ah yes. The sporting event where people remember the commercials and the half-time shows not who played or who even won.

Some people do, are you seriously suggesting the huge tv audience in the U.S. don't remember who won?
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

I've watched it in the past but I go to bed a bit earlier these days

American Football is a great game but when you don't really care who wins and who loses .........when you're not steeped in the tribalism like with proper football then it's not the same

There are probably loads of great team sports out there but they all become a bit meaningless if you don't care who wins
    Forum Member
    Some people do, are you seriously suggesting the huge tv audience in the U.S. don't remember who won?

Of course not. They are the only people on earth who actually care about the stupid sport.
    Forum Member
    Of course not. They are the only people on earth who actually care about the stupid sport.

Well clearly you are wrong on that, but you carry on believing it if you want.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Christ you're hostile.

Go Seahawks!
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would if I didn't have to get up for work.
    Forum Member
    Well clearly you are wrong on that, but you carry on believing it if you want.

No, i'm right. Other U.S invented sports like Basketball & Baseball have made their way around the world, and rightly so. Outside the U.S Gridiron is just amateur hour.
  • The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be watching it with my dad because we are American.

Soccer/football is a million times better though. :)
    Forum Member
    No, i'm right. Other U.S invented sports like Basketball & Baseball have made their way around the world, and rightly so. Outside the U.S Gridiron is just amateur hour.

No you're not. Three completely sold out Wembley games proves unequivocally that you're wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    America is so desperate for us to like it's sports and older Americans hate the fact "soccer" is now becoming popular with young Americans and fathers of young children who can put nbc at 8am and watch the premier league.

If America had embraced the other world sports years ago instead of making it's own and trying to force those on us maybe the rest of the world would have been more accommodating to American Football and Baseball.
    Forum Member
    No you're not. Three completely sold out Wembley games proves unequivocally that you're wrong.

People love a freak show.
    Forum Member
    People love a freak show.

Yeah, all 270k of them.

Go back under your bridge.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My housemates have roped me into watching it. For some reason I said yes before remembering that I couldn't care less about American Football.
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    America is so desperate for us to like it's sports and older Americans hate the fact "soccer" is now becoming popular with young Americans and fathers of young children who can put nbc at 8am and watch the premier league.

If America had embraced the other world sports years ago instead of making it's own and trying to force those on us maybe the rest of the world would have been more accommodating to American Football and Baseball.

The first game of American Football was played in 1869. It's hardly a new sport.
  • Alex58Alex58 Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Got the drinks and the snacks in and I'll be rooting for the Seahawks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Force? Really? Surely you're not that weak-minded.

Who are these older Americans who hate soccer? Are they the ones who drove their kids to soccer practice every Saturday morning?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Force? Really? Surely you're not that weak-minded.

Who are these older Americans who hate soccer? Are they the ones who drove their kids to soccer practice every Saturday morning?

If you google the large number of viewers who watch NBC sn premier league you will find that young people on social media are getting into soccer especially after the world cup and young fathers are watching it on Saturday and Sunday mornings when they get up.

The older Americans are still loyal American Football fans but the younger ones are more into soccer as it is easier to play in the yards and fields.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    No apart from Pro Wrestling I never watch any sports.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex58 wrote: »
    Got the drinks and the snacks in and I'll be rooting for the Seahawks!

Yes!

So is there much being made in Canada of Luke Willson and Jon Ryan playing in the big game?
    Forum Member
    No apart from Pro Wrestling I never watch any sports.

You don't watch any sports then.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Go Seahawks!

I'm just here so I wont get fined ;)

Really excited to see the cheating Patriots witness the terrible defeat the Bronco's suffered last year at the Legion of Boom!! :) :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you google the large number of viewers who watch NBC sn premier league you will find that young people on social media are getting into soccer especially after the world cup and young fathers are watching it on Saturday and Sunday mornings when they get up.

The older Americans are still loyal American Football fans but the younger ones are more into soccer as it is easier to play in the yards and fields.

Ok, but you said they hate it. And why do you assume people can't enjoy both?