Options

EE: Revisiting Kat/Harry

robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry to start a thread if there is already one, but couldn't see where to post this.

There was an article a while back about EE revisiting Kat's story with Harry - I know we have seen she has been left money (which she declined) and then haven't heard anything since.

Now, I LOVE EE lately and won't critics DTC especially when so much is going on at the moment, but does anybody know when or if this will be playing out?

I'd quite like it if Kat could have some major story - Jessie is a terrific actress, a soap icon, but since the awful Shagging story and the fire, we haven't seen much of her.

I really would like Alfie to leave, preferably by death. No offence, but Kat is better as a Slater and I couldn't bare to see her and Alfie separated and living on the square long term. It would be nice to have Alfie have a terminal illness, it would make a great storyline, a sad one though, and would give Kat another lease of life. She has been back almost as long as her first stint, but the impact is not as big, despite the fact she had the Babyswap, Shag, Fire. I'd also like to see the Slaters built up again, with Little Mo and Charlie back.

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell happened to Kat Slater? Responsible for arguably EE's best post millennium moment, now reduced to this?
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    What the hell happened to Kat Slater? Responsible for arguably EE's best post millennium moment, now reduced to this?

Alfie.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    llgx wrote: »
    Alfie.

:D This 100%
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie.

:D He was ok in their first stint. Even the 'man in the moon' stuff! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    what has also happened to the all the victims of being sexual assaulted by Harry ? More people were meant to come forward http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/28/eastenders-spoilers-harry-slater-set-to-be-revealed-as-serial-sex-offender-5001600/
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is where the money suddenly came from!? Back when he died he left Zoe £18,000 which she didn't claim due to how it upset Kat. And now suddenly he left Kat money too? It doesn't really make any sense!

As for reviving Kat Slater, I'm all for it.

And I'd also champion a terminal illness story for Alfie and it's honestly the only way I'd want to see the pair reunite is just for Kat to make peace with him before he dies.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie.

She met the Man in the Moon - a total buffoon! :D
  • Options
    robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    What I don't understand is where the money suddenly came from!? Back when he died he left Zoe £18,000 which she didn't claim due to how it upset Kat. And now suddenly he left Kat money too? It doesn't really make any sense!

As for reviving Kat Slater, I'm all for it.

And I'd also champion a terminal illness story for Alfie and it's honestly the only way I'd want to see the pair reunite is just for Kat to make peace with him before he dies.

BIB - Big Mo, or I guess Mo as she is now know :D did explain on screen that its sat in an account and Zoe won't touch it, and the family had decided to let Kat have it now that she is broke and homeless.
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robjames69 wrote: »
    BIB - Big Mo, or I guess Mo as she is now know :D did explain on screen that its sat in an account and Zoe won't touch it, and the family had decided to let Kat have it now that she is broke and homeless.

Oh I see, must have missed that. I don't think it quite works like that but hey ho!
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat needs a big storyline seriously!

I don't mind Alfie, but if we have to have Kat and Alfie separated and Kat as Kat Slater again, for her to shine, then so be it!

Jessie is in the shows latest storyline conference, so hopefully this means more Kat and less Linda! (Not that I dislike Linda, but the overuse of Linda and underuse of Kat has been a complete and utter disgrace, as Kat is far better and way more iconic/popular!)
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this it for the storyline kat getting money off harry i thought it was to come out harry was a seriel sexual Offender?
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DTC will do it after the 30th I'm sure.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The storylines been and gone
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I don't think the story has gone away, it's just that DTC seems to be more interested in the Carters than Kat, with or without Alfie.

I love Kat as a Slater and with Alfie and she will need someone to lean on during this story and that someone is Alfie!

An illness story line would be great for Alfie as I think Shane will handle it well and plus when he's dead he'll be out of the way of people on here who make unkind and unnecessary comments about him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D He was ok in their first stint. Even the 'man in the moon' stuff! :o

He's always alright in my eyes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alfie.

Poor Alfie!:(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's always alright in my eyes!

That's all that matters. Keep the faith! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's all that matters. Keep the faith! :)

Well someone has to!
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Alfie!:(:(

Haha I'm sorry! I used to be a big fan of Alfie actually but he's become so pointless, they've ruined his character big time :(
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't figure out why they dug up that story
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened? Kirkwood! No imagination with storylines and regressed her character big time.

Lack of screentime since late last year I agree.
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I can't figure out why they dug up that story

Past victims of sexual abuse coming forward and making their case?

It's cynically topical.
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this storyline will kick off after the 30th and then Jessie will really do it justice! In my eyes Jessie is one of the best actresses in soap and deserves to have a big story. In regards to Alfie having an illness, I don't think I'd like it if they killed him off! However I always thought that in the fire Alfie should have been left with a spinal injury which saw him wheelchair bound for a couple of months before being able to walk again but with the aid of a cane. Shane would be brilliant in that story I think!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This should allow Jessie to really shine again. Lorraine Newman worked wonders with her, while DTC has only recently began rebuilding her again, as she has been a mess of a character since they brought her back with Alfie and bunged her with two more kids.

It's interesting they brought back the harry storyline, as it effectively is what made Kat who she is today. It would be great if they brought Michelle Ryan in for a short stint, as she was and will always be a major part of that as she is the product of rape from Harry.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    Oh I see, must have missed that. I don't think it quite works like that but hey ho!
    Zoe's name was on the cheque.