Will we ever see the other time lords again?

2»

Comments

• sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    They have dug-up most of the better old enemies and they reinvented The Master and seem to enjoy time lord storylines (we have seen Rassilon as well), but conspicuous by their absence are many of the old time lords such as The Rani, The Monk, Drax, Borusa etc.

I wonder if we'll ever see these again? Some were really great characters :)

There's always the DVDs...

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Graeme Garden appeared as The Monk in several Big Finish CDs

That would be fantastic to see - but I'd always be expecting two associates to appear - a Posh one & a Northern Leftie one. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I suspect if they want the Master back they will have to address the Timelords as well as we presume he was transported back to Gallifrey with Rassilon and the others at the end of time.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    They will be in the 50th if their not I will be very surprised. To be honest they should've stayed in The End Of Time their return was awesome but kinda wasted.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    They will be in the 50th if their not I will be very surprised. To be honest they should've stayed in The End Of Time their return was awesome but kinda wasted.

Yeah, it hardly seemed fair to shove them right back into the time lock, but it would also have been unfair to have Gallifrey displacing Earth and Timothy Dalton and a gaggle of other Time Lords stealing the spotlight when Matt Smith arrived! I think it was a good idea to bring them back, but it was the wrong time and badly handled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    Yes.

Somewhere, somewhen, somehow....

I think it is inevitable.

If not John Simm, then James Nesbitt for the Master,
    Christopher Lee for the Monk,
    Philip Glennister for Omega
    and Rachael Stirling would make a brilliant Romana

Oh with Timothy Dalton again as Rassilon. :D
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    Yes.

Somewhere, somewhen, somehow....

... they'll find a new way of living.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    ... they'll find a new way of living.

Haha! I thought that, too...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see them reappear in the 50th anniversary. I'd also love that to be telling the tale of the Time War at long last, with the likes of the Nightmare Child revealed, and I'd bloody love to see Christopher Eccleston back in there fighting at the fall of Arcadia, with perhaps room for a Tennant reappearance too. Picture all of that in a 90-minute special with a good budget thrown at it to say Happy Birthday from the BBC.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bass_Cadet wrote: »
    Now that is worthy of a chuckle :)

Keeley Hawes is perfect in my eyes, and as long as the Monk/Mortimus is played as a lovable rogue, then Mitchell would be a good choice.

I think Romana this time out should be a milf, and, of course, slightly posh. Polly Walker?

I would be beyond excited by that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    chipchat wrote: »
    I'd love to see them reappear in the 50th anniversary. I'd also love that to be telling the tale of the Time War at long last, with the likes of the Nightmare Child revealed, and I'd bloody love to see Christopher Eccleston back in there fighting at the fall of Arcadia, with perhaps room for a Tennant reappearance too. Picture all of that in a 90-minute special with a good budget thrown at it to say Happy Birthday from the BBC.

I'd love to see all this as well Chip, but doesn't really celebrate the 50th anniversary, it does well for the last 6 years of 'Nu' Who though. If we had Paul McGann in the time war scenario it might be getting a bit nearer...
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see all this as well Chip, but doesn't really celebrate the 50th anniversary, it does well for the last 6 years of 'Nu' Who though. If we had Paul McGann in the time war scenario it might be getting a bit nearer...

I'd welcome him in there too - and I'd lure Tom Baker with cookies even if he did nothing more than recite at the start "Previously on Doctor Who...". :D

Of course, in all likelihood, there's no chance of getting Eccleston back anyway from what he's said about his Who experiences, which makes me wonder how likely it is we'll see a gathering of various Doctors. Though now I think of it, do we know which incarnation of the Doctor it was that fought in the Time War? Could have been McGann...
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though now I think of it, do we know which incarnation of the Doctor it was that fought in the Time War? Could have been McGann...

It could even have been McCoy. And he was a Doctor who you could believe might do the things the Doctor is supposed to have done then.
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    It could even have been McCoy. And he was a Doctor who you could believe might do the things the Doctor is supposed to have done then.

He's the Lost Doctor Who to me - I had drifted away from Who at that stage, scared off by the likes of Bonnie Langford and Ken Dodd. One of these days, I'll have to go back and catch up...
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd welcome him in there too - and I'd lure Tom Baker with cookies even if he did nothing more than recite at the start "Previously on Doctor Who...". :D

Of course, in all likelihood, there's no chance of getting Eccleston back anyway from what he's said about his Who experiences, which makes me wonder how likely it is we'll see a gathering of various Doctors. Though now I think of it, do we know which incarnation of the Doctor it was that fought in the Time War? Could have been McGann...

If, as the mirror scene in 'Rose' seems to imply, the ninth Doctor had only just recently come into existence, it must have been the eighth. So yes, McGann.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Well, the Monk would need to be recast of course but I'd love to see him again. The Rani, I think, was a fairly limited character and I doubt we'll see her again. As for Drax, he now appears to be working as a Police pathologist in Midsomer...

Not for much longer his character is being dropped. Ooops was that a spoiler ?

Personaly I hope they don't bring the Timelords back, I rather like the idea of the Doctor being the last of his kind.