Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    spookyelectricspookyelectric Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    No one has mentioned how Terry Duckworth has turned into Bernard Manning.

I laughed out loud when Tina mentioned opening the club, they didn't have a licence, Tommy had a few hundred quid left from his inheritance and in the next breath she's handing her notice in at the Rovers.

Have you noticed that to keep a balance they use the older cast for comedy, yet another competition involving Norris, first it was a musical challenge and now it's plants.

The writing on Corrie has just got so lazy, I really do think I'll give it all up!!

And don't even get me started on Emmerdale!!
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Well, we laughed in our house!
    It was a great line.

Fizz has lost loads of weight, I couldn't get over how slim her legs looked. Re the fate of Fred's butchers, I supect it could still happen to give Julie and thingy something to look forward to
  • Options
    kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    I dont watch a lot of Corrie anymore at my house because its got ridiculous but catch it at my mums who I look after (no I havnt stuck her in a home yet!) who loves it and thinks everyone is real! But I yelled at the TV when Paul had a go at the care home woman. Just because they couldn't go on holiday really and surely the care home woman is within her rights to demand poor Lesley is taken back to the home and out of the toxic menage a tois and those two other idiots living there. And didnt Paul try and stuff her in a taxi and practically yanked at her arm. Also, he mentioned paying for the home. How much is he paying? Can he afford it on his fireman's wages, he's not even an officer.
    Another one I've questioned is Tina quitting her job at the Rovers and the club is not actually opened yet. Surely you would do up the club first, keep your job so you do have some sort of income coming in for necessities, say like bills, food and rent and then quit.
    Also I see Sunita and Carl took their shoes and socks off - does this indicate they had sex on that very stained sofa again!
    Finally thank you for the hilarious posts hich have really made me chuckle after a rather horrible day. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Eileen and Paul's behaviour rather distasteful.

Not sure Tina has quit but asked how much notice she had to give.

When Sunita called Karl on the mobile the call seemed to connect mighty quickly. I'm sure she started talking almost before she had finished dialling.

In Terry/Bernard Manning's ludicrous plan to burn the place down and blame a dosser breaking in wouldn't there need to be signs of forced entry and/or the body of said dosser inside afterwards?
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one has mentioned how Terry Duckworth has turned into Bernard Manning.

I laughed out loud when Tina mentioned opening the club, they didn't have a licence, Tommy had a few hundred quid left from his inheritance and in the next breath she's handing her notice in at the Rovers.

Have you noticed that to keep a balance they use the older cast for comedy, yet another competition involving Norris, first it was a musical challenge and now it's plants.

The writing on Corrie has just got so lazy, I really do think I'll give it all up!!

And don't even get me started on Emmerdale!!

Funny you should say that. I was just thinking the same thing last night.They're relying on action drama rather than the everyday drama we all have in out lives and even attempts at humour are pathetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And this affair between Carl & Sunitta is just ridiculous, what does she see in him. Didn't she leave Dev when his affair with old blinkey was exposed?

Soap writers seem to throw in an affair when things start to get stale., what they don't realise is it just makes things worse.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    I still can't work out why Kirsty is working at the factory when the police would still be paying her a full salary pending a disciplinary hearing.

I can't understand that either. If she works in packing why was she wandering up and down the rows of machinists insulting them?! Crazy.

Not sure Tina has quit but asked how much notice she had to give.

In Terry/Bernard Manning's ludicrous plan to burn the place down and blame a dosser breaking in wouldn't there need to be signs of forced entry and/or the body of said dosser inside afterwards?

Amazingly, Stella said she didn't want to lose Tina because she's a good barmaid. What?! Do we ever see her smile at the punters? She's a miserable cow. She'd turn the beer sour.

And this affair between Carl & Sunitta is just ridiculous, what does she see in him. Didn't she leave Dev when his affair with old blinkey was exposed?

Soap writers seem to throw in an affair when things start to get stale., what they don't realise is it just makes things worse.

It is ridiculous. Why choose Carl to have an affair with? Why not choose someone younger and more believable? Although I don't have to have my soaps filled with 'fit' people, Corrie's men are mostly the cardigan and slipper brigade. I could see Sunita with that debt-collector bloke. At least he's attractive and dangerous.

I'm not expecting a Hollywood hunks but when Corrie cast a lover for Eileen all they could come up with was Slobberchops, the tiny fireman. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well when you work in packing you are normally confined to just that, the only time we see them is when there is a staff crisis and you get Beryl & Shanice stood at the back nodding.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think someone should start a Facebook campaign to get old Corrie episodes back on TV , to show how many people want them on .

I already posted a thread on this http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1659643&highlight=
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Not sure if I'm missing something and I'm not a medical person, but why did the hospital decide to whip out both Julie's ovaries before doing a biopsy on the cyst? Surely removing the ovaries would only be done as a last resort if the cyst was found to be malignant, esp. in view of Julie being desperate to have children?
    I think the doc said the result would come through in 10 days? Would the biopsy not be done and the results be available immediately and while the patient is still under anaethestic, in the event that the worst-case scenario op may be necessary?

Remind me never to be admitted to Weatherfield General.......:eek:
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura-Kate wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm missing something and I'm not a medical person, but why did the hospital decide to whip out both Julie's ovaries before doing a biopsy on the cyst? Surely removing the ovaries would only be done as a last resort if the cyst was found to be malignant, esp. in view of Julie being desperate to have children?
    I think the doc said the result would come through in 10 days? Would the biopsy not be done and the results be available immediately and while the patient is still under anaethestic, in the event that the worst-case scenario op may be necessary?

Shame Marcus wasn't on duty, he could have whipped out Julie's ovaries, tested them, and if they were OK pop them back in again - job done!
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laura-Kate wrote: »

They hoped all would be well but found things were worse than suspected and instead of a small tumour to do a biopsy on it had actually spread to both ovaries which is why they had her consent before hand if that was the case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Marcus wasn't on duty, he could have whipped out Julie's ovaries, tested them, and if they were OK pop them back in again - job done!

Or Dr Do It All, the Multi Tasking GP.

Yes, thats it Terry is Bernard Manning! I thought I recognised his voice. Sorry back at my mums again today getting involved with the Fireman plot and getting angry. Has Eileen lost weight too?
  • Options
    GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Eileen loses any more weight she'll look like a twiglet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is just making me angry now, Paul and Eileen are so selfish, talking in front of Lesley like that and now talking about divorce. Sunita and Karl grrrrrrrrrrrr not to mention Tina, do I care, no. It is all so miserable.
  • Options
    bebopalulabebopalula Posts: 30
    Forum Member

Sorry if I'm being dim, but 'old blinkey'? I can't think who that is. Anyone help? :confused:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only 'old blinkey' I can think of is Gail. :eek:
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »
    Dev said that his son , Aldi , had got an albatross at golf. That would be scoring two at a par five. Not even Tiger Woods would have done that at the age of ten, and quite impossible even for any golfer to do unless they are very lucky.

Yes , Fizz has lost weight , but I still can't work out why Kirsty is working at the factory when the police would still be paying her a full salary pending a disciplinary hearing.

It's amazing how easy it is to get a job at that factory.
    If someone's relative turned up in the street for a visit for 2 weeks, he/she would probably be given a job for those two weeks!
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    This is just making me angry now, Paul and Eileen are so selfish, talking in front of Lesley like that and now talking about divorce. Sunita and Karl grrrrrrrrrrrr not to mention Tina, do I care, no. It is all so miserable.

I suppose we are meant to care about poor Eileen not being able to go off on her jollies with Paul. Damn you Lesley.

We are supposed to think good on you Sunita, for having a quickie with Carl whkile Dev is downstairs in the shop. you go girl.

We are supposed to care for poor Tina, who looked as if she did no more than stub her toe (nicked fom Terry) and is now in Intensive Care with a serious head injury.

The Corrie people think we care but these characters are too unlikeable at the mo to empathise with.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    Or Dr Do It All, the Multi Tasking GP.

Yes, thats it Terry is Bernard Manning! I thought I recognised his voice. Sorry back at my mums again today getting involved with the Fireman plot and getting angry. Has Eileen lost weight too?
    Our Turry has his Dad Jack's voice;)

tinkie wrote: »
    I think this storyline could have been done so differently. Lesley does know what is going on some of the time. They are horrible talking about her in front of her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Tommy - "Dad, you know when I told you he faked his own death, it didn't exactly go well, he died".

Terry - "Well thats talking it a bit too far".

:D Please tell me someone else appreaciated this as much as me!!

Yes, made me smile. Loved the reference to the canoe man earlier in the episode. :)
  • Options
    bebopalulabebopalula Posts: 30
    Forum Member

OMG!!! Dev and Gail? :eek: !!!
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bebopalula wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm being dim, but 'old blinkey'? I can't think who that is. Anyone help? :confused:

Deirdre maybe? I don't know who this refers to either! :confused:

Also, did anyone notice the line Carl said tonight to Sunita, "You're trouble with a capital S"? I thought that was a tad strange to say the least!
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, did anyone notice the line Carl said tonight to Sunita, "You're trouble with a capital S"? I thought that was a tad strange to say the least!

I wondered that as well. I thought maybe he meant trouble with a capital S referring to her name ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bebopalula wrote: »

He had a quick affair with Dreary. We saw them in bed one Christmas Day I think. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    He had a quick affair with Dreary. We saw them in bed one Christmas Day I think. :eek:

Oh.My.God. How glad am I that I wasn't watching Corrie at the time! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.