Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was a man in a straitjacket mixing with other patients and not in isolation? It's fantasy.

I don't know about Frank Bruno - perhaps you'd like to elucidate seeing as you keep mentioning him

Was he mixing with other patients? Where does PA say that?
    I've already told you about Frank Bruno, if you want to expand your knowledge on him, use google.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How tasteless to compare what Frank Bruno went through with Peter Andre. As if their experiences are comparable. Pfff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    How tasteless to compare what Frank Bruno went through with Peter Andre. As if their experiences are comparable. Pfff.

In what way is it tastless? They both had a nervous breakdown, which is why I mentioned him...?
  • Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    In what way is it tastless? They both had a nervous breakdown, which is why I mentioned him...?

Frank Bruno had a full mental health breakdown. He went through years of pain before even acknowledging his inner pain and demons. He then took the time out to get himself better for himself and for his family.

It does not compare to Peter Andres panic attacks in the 90s.

Its like comparing his brothers cancer to peter cutting his finger now that is distasteful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank Bruno had a full mental health breakdown. He went through years of pain before even acknowledging his inner pain and demons. He then took the time out to get himself better for himself and for his family.

It does not compare to Peter Andres panic attacks in the 90s.

Its like comparing his brothers cancer to peter cutting his finger now that is distasteful.

PA had a full mental breakdown. PA has even talked about his pain & demons. He still carries his medication to this day. Why the hell do you think he was in a psychiatric hospital?
    People on this thread are talking nonsense. (eg your bit in bold).
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

I agree Lexi. Their experiences do not compare at all. Frank has been diagnosed with bi polar and has been sectioned. At the height of his problems, he was considered paranoid and aggressive and a possible danger to himself and others. he's been open and honest about his mental health issues and has never tried to exaggerate for sympathy. He should be commended for talking about his problems.

PA on the other hand............
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beginning to get a sense of deja vu here...........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree Lexi. Their experiences do not compare at all. Frank has been diagnosed with bi polar and has been sectioned. At the height of his problems, he was considered paranoid and aggressive and a possible danger to himself and others. he's been open and honest about his mental health issues and has never tried to exaggerate for sympathy. He should be commended for talking about his problems.

PA on the other hand............

I asked you for proof they don't use straight jackets? You didn't provide any, yet you continue to say he exaggerated for sympathy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Beginning to get a sense of deja vu here...........

Blondie would you please get off my wavelength! I have a big bum and its crashing under our joint weights:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PA had a full mental breakdown. PA has even talked about his pain & demons. He still carries his medication to this day. Why the hell do you think he was in a psychiatric hospital?
    People on this thread are talking nonsense. (eg your bit in bold).

He did not have a full mental breakdown, but he sure has talked about his pain and his demons over his panic attacks. A lot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did not have a full mental breakdown, but he sure has talked about his pain and his demons over his panic attacks. A lot.

Did he not? where did you read this? Or do you know the family?
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are enough people in the public eye who have spoken eloquently and sensitively about their experiences with mental health issues.
    People who suffer from mental health problems are already subjected to discrimimation,fear and stigmatisation.
    What nobody needs is a z-list,ill-informed moron perpetrating the myth that the mentally ill are so dangerous and frightening that they have to be restrained and kept in some Bedlam-like hell-hole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are enough people in the public eye who have spoken eloquently and sensitively about their experiences with mental health issues.
    People who suffer from mental health problems are already subjected to discrimimation,fear and stigmatisation.
    What nobody needs is a z-list,ill-informed moron perpetrating the myth that the mentally ill are so dangerous and frightening that they have to be restrained and kept in some Bedlam-like hell-hole.

Myth? Bruno was attacked with a knife. How's that for dangerous?
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His whole mental breakdown, is that why he can't ever leave CAN as when he did and failed badly in the US, its trigger his whole breakdown episode.
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    No. Andre should be ashamed for making mental health care seem like an alien world - when it isn't.

Frank Bruno is not the subject of this thread - you brought him into it.

He wasn't hospitalised for panic attacks, he actually had a nervous breakdown!

Ridiculing a person who has suffered mental health issues is pretty low, no matter how much you dislike that person.

With regards to the straitjacket issue, all the people calling him a liar...have any of you actually been in an American psychriatic hospital? If you haven't then you can't possibly know what the practice is on the wards over there. We are not talking about british hospitals here, also, no-one knows(unless they've been there)what they did on psychriatic wards in the 90's. Just because things are not common practice in this day and age does not mean it wasn't 15 to 20 years ago.

And he never said he was locked in a room with people in straitjackets either, as Fizgig already pointed out, he said he saw someone in a straitjacket. Seeing as he was in a mental hospital I can't see why it is so totally unbelievable.
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Until recently my family had been very blessed that we hadn't been touched by cancer before.

It takes my breath away that that episode was filmed just a few weeks ago. Andrew, to someone who had no idea how ill he was, appears perfectly fine. It's so hard to believe that he deteriorated so quickly in such a short space of time.

Very humbling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was about the Abominable Andre,not Frank Bruno,but anyway....
    I said it before and I'll say it again,as my point was obviously missed the first time.
    PA should not in any way be involved in perpetrating the MYTH that the mentally ill are so dangerous and frightening that they have to be restrained.
    Yes,SOME people with mental illnesses CAN be prone to violence,but so can people with no mental health issues.
    But let's not let faux-outrage get in the way of the truth,eh?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was about the Abominable Andre,not Frank Bruno,but anyway....
    I said it before and I'll say it again,as my point was obviously missed the first time.
    PA should not in any way be involved in perpetrating the MYTH that the mentally ill are so dangerous and frightening that they have to be restrained.
    Yes,SOME people with mental illnesses CAN be prone to violence,but so can people with no mental health issues.
    But let's not let faux-outrage get in the way of the truth,eh?

So how come PA mentions seeing one person in a straight jacket & he's an ill informed moron stigmatising mental health institutions, But Bruno says he was attacked at knife-point & that's ok, and nobody disbelieves that they would put him with someone like that. :rolleyes:
    Are you still saying PA was lying?
    The faux outrage on this thread is that which is being directed at PA for recalling one thing he saw.
    The tasteless is not comparing PA's to Bruno's illness, it's the coldness of the remarks towards PA and his illness.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how come PA mentions seeing one person in a straight jacket & he's an ill informed moron stigmatising mental health institutions, But Bruno says he was attacked at knife-point & that's ok, and nobody disbelieves that they would put him with someone like that. :rolleyes:

Well...if it's as descriptively accurate as his meningitis incident or "heart attack" scare, things might not be quite what you think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't like the guy why talk about him, and panic attacks and depression over a length of time is no laughing matter its devastating, I to have just lost my Brother age 54 same thing as Andrew and know what the family are going through, you are lucky if these issues have not affected you or your family and i hope it never does
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The faux outrage on this thread is that which is being directed at PA for recalling one thing he saw.
    The tasteless is not comparing PA's to Bruno's illness, it's the coldness of the remarks towards PA and his illness.

I'm sorry,but nothing you say will convince me that PA is not an ill-informed moron.
    He has form for being an ill-informed moron.
    Why did he choose to mention the ONE person in a straitjacket?
    Did he mention the doctors and nurses who treated him?
    Did he mention the quality (or lack of) care and/or understanding he received while being treated?
    Or did poor little Petey-wetey the 40-year old toddler choose to highlight the plight of ONE person(presumably a stranger to PA ) who was at their lowest possible ebb,just to highlight how awful things were for himself?
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Collybird wrote: »
    Until recently my family had been very blessed that we hadn't been touched by cancer before.

It takes my breath away that that episode was filmed just a few weeks ago. Andrew, to someone who had no idea how ill he was, appears perfectly fine. It's so hard to believe that he deteriorated so quickly in such a short space of time.

Very humbling.

It is very humbling isn't it, it's such an awful illness - it's just amazing how quickly it can suddenly take a hold.

My mum was the same age as Andrew Andre - she died just under three weeks after she turned 54, 17 months after she was first diagnosed. And although it was spreading and we knew how bad things were getting, it really wasn't until the last 4 weeks or so that I think it would have been apparent to anyone who didn't know. There's a picture of her from my graduation 6 weeks before she died and she just looks lovely, the only really really obvious change is that she had to stop dying her hair so it had gone grey.

I found it very sad to see Andrew Andre talk about how he could feel it, how everything was so much effort, even the little things. Very sad for all of them, he was so young.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who said he was the subject? And yes I did bring him into it. So? Is it off-topic?

frank is irrelevant to this topic.. Also his condition was much more serious than a panic attack ?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well...if it's as descriptively accurate as his meningitis incident or "heart attack" scare, things might not be quite what you think.

I've no idea what he said about either of the above, but that's not the issue. If someone thinks he's lying, back it up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frank is irrelevant to this topic.. Also his condition was much more serious than a panic attack ?.

Betty, maybe you should read the thread. I disagree on both points.