Someone tell John_Hughes Aled Jones has joined Global!!

Comments

• kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fame at last (or is that infame?

You'll have to explain the logic of that, Kyresa?

Sorry, I should have said your posts don't represent EVERYone, rather than "anyone" :)
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,824
    Forum Member
    RikScot wrote: »
    Yeah....but there's no mention of the God fella ;)
    "

Just have to pray to Mr Park now ;)
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Margherita Taylor is on Heart and Classic FM. Aled would fit nicely on Heart. :)
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Margherita Taylor is on Heart and Classic FM. Aled would fit nicely on Heart. :)

God knows he is dull enough :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Fame at last (or is that infame?)
    Genesys wrote: »
    Praise the Lord!!!!

He will soon be able to hear him on Sundays again!!

Amen

Willing but not able, Genes :(

Like a lot of Aled's old GMS 6am to 9 listeners, unfortunately as usual I'll be setting off for church at 9, i.e. just as Aled kicks off.

Which will you be listening to - Aled on Classic FM, Clare on Radio 2, both or neither....and why?
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Willing but not able, Genes :(

Like a lot of Aled's old GMS 6am to 9 listeners, unfortunately as usual I'll be setting off for church at 9, i.e. just as Aled kicks off.

Which will you be listening to - Aled on Classic FM, Clare on Radio 2, both or neither....and why?

Listen on a portable radio....on the way?
    Forum Member
    kyresa wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have said your posts don't represent EVERYone, rather than "anyone" :)

No problem Kyresa (Long time no see by the way) :)

As you know Aled has had a big following, you and I included, since he was 'nowt but a lad' and the royal 'we' was meat to include all those on Aled's various Forums (one of which I think you once helped to moderate) and Web sites, particularly those who tuned in to him at 6am each Sunday morning to start their week on the right note and expressed their displeasure in various media when they heard he'd been sacked..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

particularly those who tuned in to him at 6am each Sunday morning to start their week on the right note and expressed their displeasure in various media when they heard he'd been sacked..

John...for pity's sake. He was NOT sacked.
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No problem Kyresa (Long time no see by the way) :)

As you know Aled has had a big following, you and I included, since he was 'nowt but a lad' and the royal 'we' was meat to include all those on Aled's various Forums (one of which I think you once helped to moderate) and Web sites, particularly those who tuned in to him at 6am each Sunday morning to start their week on the right note and expressed their displeasure in various media when they heard he'd been sacked..

Long time no see ? I have never been away from DS. I think you may be getting confused with elsewhere.

Yes I did used to help moderate the official forum. It seems you have been filled in by other members of the yahoo group now :).

But still, you definitely don't speak for me in your royal we. I'm quite happy for Aled to lose the religious angle. At the end of the day he has a career to maintain and needs to be as diverse as possible so it can all be added to his cv.

There are better ways of trying to introduce Aled and his work to new people without demanding people be sacked as they took over a role Aled used to do (gawd help whoever is head choirboy at Bangor cathedral now !!!).
    Forum Member
    John...for pity's sake. He was NOT sacked.

'For pity's sake', Rik?

If you don't believe me regarding how Aled went, then check out Todd and Susie's contributions re Aled's Twitter, Facebook, remarks on Loose Women etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'For pity's sake', Rik?

If you don't believe me regarding how Aled went, then check out Todd and Susie's contributions re Aled's Twitter, Facebook, remarks on Loose Women etc.

His contract was not renewed. That is not the same as being sacked.

Simple.
    Forum Member

His contract was not renewed. That is not the same as being sacked.

Simple.

My reply to Kyresa, specially for you, Rik:

As you know Aled has had a big following, you and I included, since he was 'nowt but a lad' and the royal 'we' was meant to include all those on Aled's various Forums (one of which I think you once helped to moderate) and Web sites, particularly those who tuned in to him at 6am each Sunday morning to start their week on the right note and expressed their displeasure in various media when they heard his contract had not been renewed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My reply to Kyresa, specially for you, Rik:

As you know Aled has had a big following, you and I included, since he was 'nowt but a lad' and the royal 'we' was meant to include all those on Aled's various Forums (one of which I think you once helped to moderate) and Web sites, particularly those who tuned in to him at 6am each Sunday morning to start their week on the right note and expressed their displeasure in various media when they heard his contract had not been renewed.

And for you....your reply from post 33

"No problem Kyresa (Long time no see by the way)

As you know Aled has had a big following, you and I included, since he was 'nowt but a lad' and the royal 'we' was meat to include all those on Aled's various Forums (one of which I think you once helped to moderate) and Web sites, particularly those who tuned in to him at 6am each Sunday morning to start their week on the right note and expressed their displeasure in various media when they heard he'd been sacked.."

Not quite the same...
    Forum Member
    kyresa wrote: »
    I'm quite happy for Aled to lose the religious angle. At the end of the day he has a career to maintain and needs to be as diverse as possible so it can all be added to his cv.

There are better ways of trying to introduce Aled and his work to new people without demanding people be sacked as they took over a role Aled used to do (gawd help whoever is head choirboy at Bangor cathedral now !!!).

To what are you referring when you say you are "quite happy for Aled to lose 'the religious angle'", Kyresa?

Who is demanding who to be be sacked?

As Aled and everyone who is or has ever been a choirboy discovers to their cost, their tenure is attenuated by their phisiology.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John, can you explain why you misquoted your own reply?

In post 33 you said "As you know Aled has had a big following, you and I included, since he was 'nowt but a lad' and the royal 'we' was meat to include all those on Aled's various Forums (one of which I think you once helped to moderate) and Web sites, particularly those who tuned in to him at 6am each Sunday morning to start their week on the right note and expressed their displeasure in various media when they heard he'd been sacked.."

In your reply to me you quoted yourself as saying:

"As you know Aled has had a big following, you and I included, since he was 'nowt but a lad' and the royal 'we' was meant to include all those on Aled's various Forums (one of which I think you once helped to moderate) and Web sites, particularly those who tuned in to him at 6am each Sun
    day morning to start their week on the right note and expressed their displeasure in various media when they heard his contract had not been renewed."

The last few words were in italics for some reason.
    Forum Member
    John, can you explain why you misquoted your own reply?

In post 33 you said "As you know Aled has had a big following, you and I included, since he was 'nowt but a lad' and the royal 'we' was meat to include all those on Aled's various Forums (one of which I think you once helped to moderate) and Web sites, particularly those who tuned in to him at 6am each Sunday morning to start their week on the right note and expressed their displeasure in various media when they heard he'd been sacked.."

In your reply to me you quoted yourself as saying:

"As you know Aled has had a big following, you and I included, since he was 'nowt but a lad' and the royal 'we' was meant to include all those on Aled's various Forums (one of which I think you once helped to moderate) and Web sites, particularly those who tuned in to him at 6am each Sun
    day morning to start their week on the right note and expressed their displeasure in various media when they heard his contract had not been renewed."

The last few words were in italics for some reason.

My pleasure, Rik

I considered asking what the difference was between sacking and ending a contract but as we have no argument with your definition I tried to clarify by simply replacing "sacked" with "contract not renewed"(in italics) in order not to stray too far from the subject. Sorry if my attempt at clarification in your eyes turned out to be my misquoting myself.

Maybe you could tell me about your present Sunday Morning listening habits and if they will change with Aled back at Classic FM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe you could tell me about your present Sunday Morning listening habits and if they will change with Aled back at Classic FM.

Nope....and nope again
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlike R2 Classic FM does not seem to have taken out a listen again streaming licence, but does list the CD titles of the music played, (so Global can get a cut of CD or download sales?) Classic also has podcasts so if there is a guest interview it maybe available later?
    Still unsure if it will be prerecorded like Steve Wrights morning show, if done well we may not ever know?
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hanssolo wrote: »
    Unlike R2 Classic FM does not seem to have taken out a listen again streaming licence, but does list the CD titles of the music played, (so Global can get a cut of CD or download sales?) <snip>

If you go to listen to Classic FM either through its website or Radio Player, there is an option for "Listen Again" which seems to have most (if not all) of the programmes on for seven days after broadcast.

The existing 9am-12noon Sunday show is on there so I imagine Aled will be.
    Forum Member
    hanssolo wrote: »
    Unlike R2 Classic FM does not seem to have taken out a listen again streaming licence, but does list the CD titles of the music played, (so Global can get a cut of CD or download sales?) Classic also has podcasts so if there is a guest interview it maybe available later?
    Still unsure if it will be prerecorded like Steve Wrights morning show, if done well we may not ever know?

We can usually tell if Good Morning Sunday is live or recorded, Hans.

If there's a hot topic then we usually are invited to get in touch by text or email to offer our views which are read out during the programme. (I suspect the gay marriage vote result and the new Archbishop and his views on it, will be on the agenda this coming Sunday).

By far the vast majority of Good Morning Sundays have all been live over the 6 years of Aled's reign which has meant him travelling up to Manchester often on the Saturday then getting up at 4am or thereabouts each Sunday to begin presenting at 6am.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you do not listen to GMS now you will never know if it is live or not.;)

I must admit I have been overwhelmed by the torrent of negative press on that particular shows new presenter the last few weeks:rolleyes:

At least Jones can prerecord the new show and save himself a ridiculous extra workload and long journey at the weekend.
  • NewbieBen12NewbieBen12 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I would not be suprised if Aled was v-t, considering the likes of Nicholas Owen, Myleene Klass and Margherita Taylor are.
    Forum Member
    As you do not listen to GMS now you will never know if it is live or not.;)

I must admit I have been overwhelmed by the torrent of negative press on that particular shows new presenter the last few weeks:rolleyes:

At least Jones can prerecord the new show and save himself a ridiculous extra workload and long journey at the weekend.

I think I'm in the process of being converted, Ram Lad.

As they say 'There's no pint (leaving that typo in) in crying into your beer or in my case over spilt milk. Being bitter can eat you up.

As promised I've continued to listen to GMS in bed 7am or so and on iPlayer. I've made one contribution so far and had a nice response from the new presenter on the strength of it.

I'll be listening this next Sunday as it could be fun with the gay marriage vote, the archbishop and his views on it. As also indicated previously, when Aled starts on Classic FM I will try and listen a little on my way to church but with no equivalent to iPlayer available I'm going to miss most of Aled's Classic FM show.

I'll be able to top up on Aled later in the day this Sunday as they've allowed him to do SOP this week (on BBC2)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As promised I've continued to listen to GMS in bed 7am or so and on iPlayer. I've made one contribution so far and had a nice response from the new presenter on the strength of it.

You can call her Clare y'know ;)
    Forum Member
    You can call her Clare y'know ;)

Well I do declare, Rik ;)

You mean her who I referred to lovingly in my quoted #528 of:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1761305

....before it was unjustifiably discontinued.

God bless our Clare
This discussion has been closed.