Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Wings finally gained audience (its almost 0 but better than losing it), plus, still gaining spins and bullet!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leo_Howard wrote: »
    I remain ardent in my opinion about them. They are a 4 girl underdog story, with no overtly well known songwriters (one of them, Iain Janes does Brit hop, where only Tinie Tempah has made it stateside, and Eurovision entries of varying qualities, including the Azeri 2011 winner, which is my guilty pleasure), who came out of nowhere for a shock XF win, who cover Mumford and sons WITH HELP FROM A CONDUCTOR- they would have never done it on XF, and Jesy and Perrie sound perfect in it- and who breathe music- always a good sign.
    My biggest musical fear is they will get sacked, so I want the sucess they deserve, as they are the sort who are a new girlband breed, and have caused the resurgance in Stooshe and the Sats, a well as creation of talent show girlgroups from USA to Serbia.
    LM are hot in my opinion, talented, and I think they really deserve their worldwide sucess. They seem like a real cat amongst the pidgeons, so i am pining for the best.

But the problem I feel is they dont have a strongly defined image. If you look at successful girl bands hey need an image, eg, names, dress similar, etc. Unfortunately they look like a thrown-together girl band, which they were from X Factor, and there appears to be no idea to develop the image further. I also think if you look at bands like Stooshe, their records have a strong hook to them, and they appear better produced with more together harmonies, and I feel if LM are to be successful the 2nd LP has to show signs of this. Otherwise I feel they will disappear fairly quickly, especially if the2nd album dosent sell well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »
    Can we change the name of this thread, now ? The album had been out for a long time. If you change the name, make it an appreciation thread please, mr moderator.

No! I'd rather it was left as open discussion. Why don't people want to read anything other than positivity, its boring. There has been a little bit of trolling, the gloating at chart positions etc. is unnecessary but not everything Oliver an Michelle has posted has been wind ups - they do make the odd decent point. Their views on LM are shared by a fair number of people and its interesting being able to debate. If I was a forum moderator I would see no cause to take any action.

There is aleady a LM appreciation thread, I would beg anybody so against any negativety to go there.

- tim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought there was already an appreciation thread.

Agree with Trucker Rob above - what is the point of a discussion thread where there is just agreement?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Jesy lacks three key things needed to be a successful solo artist.

1. A strong enough voice.

2. A strong enough image.

3. The likability factor/personality.

1. Jesy's vocals have been improving so much, I don't even think she's the worst vocalist in the group now even though she has the least experience in singing (in fact, I'd go as far as saying that sometimes Perrie's live vocals are even shakier than Jesy's). Her range is amazing, her tone is unique, and she's still improving so who's to say she doesn't have the voice? And let's not forget all the other skills she has - dancing, acting, impersonating, being able to do every accent... the list goes on.

2. Like it or not, she does have a strong image, otherwise why would all the press only focus on her? She receives the most media attention that's for sure.

3. I can't believe you honestly said that. If Jesy didn't have anything else, personality would be the only thing she had.

Also I don't understand comments that say there doesn't seem to be any songs that would suit Jade if she ever goes solo?? Well, for all I know, her voice is featured the most on the DNA album, so I would assume that most producers like her voice the most and presumably that's because she has the most versatile / best recording / most pop-friendly voice. I actually think that she can do any genre and her voice would fit, even the rockier type, her voice is the sweet type in general but it can also go really deep, husky and rough, she's even done a "Leigh-Anne angry note" which I didn't think she would ever (be able to) do one: http://youtu.be/c3k8Kp66Wt4?t=3m37s.
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love criticizing but that's not the problem. When I comment I try to be moderate (not too positive or negative). We can discuss opinions which are just opinions and not facts but we are not here to mock or diss LM. It's not an appreciation thread but it's not a hate thread either. So try to temper your comments please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    But the problem I feel is they dont have a strongly defined image. If you look at successful girl bands hey need an image, eg, names, dress similar, etc. Unfortunately they look like a thrown-together girl band, which they were from X Factor, and there appears to be no idea to develop the image further. I also think if you look at bands like Stooshe, their records have a strong hook to them, and they appear better produced with more together harmonies, and I feel if LM are to be successful the 2nd LP has to show signs of this. Otherwise I feel they will disappear fairly quickly, especially if the2nd album dosent sell well.

LM have everything. They have perfect chemistry and their songs have the potential to (at the very least b Eurovision winners) if not crack the American market. Stooshe are like Diana Ross and the Supremes, soulful, full of harmony and with a contemporary twist, but LM are like Beyonce and Destiny's child, modern, sexy and talented assasins. LM are also capable of being more versatile. Stooshe are better than all other girlgroups bar LM, but they don't have the brand, they dont have such immense links with the fans, and they wait too long between single releases. LM do social network campaigns worldwide and there are few charts without them. LM are the flair ones, and will last longest.
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell is going on here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »
    I love criticizing but that's not the problem. When I comment I try to be moderate (not too positive or negative). We can discuss opinions which are just opinions and not facts but we are not here to mock or diss LM. It's not an appreciation thread but it's not a hate thread either. So try to temper your comments please.

I think 'mock' and 'diss' are going to mean different things to different people. If I said that I think HYD is a poor record that is not strong enough, as far as I am concerned I am offering an opinion, but some on here would count that as a 'diss' according to their personal value set. I notice the word 'haters' on here a few times - I personally dont like the word because how can you make that value judgement if you don't know the other person. Peoples opinions are simply that - accept if you agree, walk away if you dont.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Not sure if these have been posted?

Daybreak performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?fv=tJsYlTdTVkk

Daybreak interview (and performance)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMk-cK19i6Q

Lorraine interview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYPeVCbaWTw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Jesy lacks three key things needed to be a successful solo artist.

1. A strong enough voice.

2. A strong enough image.

3. The likability factor/personality.

You have got to be kidding me right there! That's a bunch of BS *rolls eyes* I think she has the most personality/likability out of the 3 :confused: What you on about?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Jesy would do better solo than Leigh Anne and maybe Jade as well. Jesy has very nice tone that would work on Rnb/Pop songs Jade has a good voice but couldn't really see her solo.

Really? :/ I think Jade has the better chances of being solo out of all of them! She has the looks,dance moves, and a good voice. Basically the whole package :D I can see her being a mini cheryl cole :p
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I think 'mock' and 'diss' are going to mean different things to different people. If I said that I think HYD is a poor record that is not strong enough, as far as I am concerned I am offering an opinion, but some on here would count that as a 'diss' according to their personal value set. I notice the word 'haters' on here a few times - I personally dont like the word because how can you make that value judgement if you don't know the other person. Peoples opinions are simply that - accept if you agree, walk away if you dont.

I enjoy reading everyone's opinions as long as they are constructive and relevant. It it's to say : LOL HYD is down to 20, that's utterly stupid and childish and it doesn't bring anything to the discussion.
  • Options
    Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dazzled3 wrote: »
    Really? :/ I think Jade has the better chances of being solo out of all of them! She has the looks,dance moves, and a good voice. Basically the whole package :D I can see her being a mini cheryl cole :p

I think it's certainly between Jade and Perrie. Both of them do have the whole package. They're not great singers but they're 'ok'. They're both certainly marketable as they have a good image.

History suggests one of them at the very most will be successful artists. If you look at Girls Aloud and other similar groups, it's very rare for more than one of them to have successful solo careers.

Jade and Perrie have a chance. The other two can forget it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I think it's certainly between Jade and Perrie. Both of them do have the whole package. They're not great singers but they're 'ok'. They're both certainly marketable as they have a good image.

History suggests one of them at the very most will be successful artists. If you look at Girls Aloud and other similar groups, it's very rare for more than one of them to have successful solo careers.

Jade and Perrie have a chance. The other two can forget it.
    Destiny's Child- Beyonce and Kelly Rowland :D

I see your point though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DwMhB123 wrote: »
    Destiny's Child- Beyonce and Kelly Rowland :D

I see your point though.

Thank you. :)

Yes, Destiny's Child are a rare example of more than one of them being successful. They're what you would call a super group though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all Girls Aloud members apart from Sarah have had a crack at going solo and only Cheryl has been successful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No! I'd rather it was left as open discussion. Why don't people want to read anything other than positivity, its boring. There has been a little bit of trolling, the gloating at chart positions etc. is unnecessary but not everything Oliver an Michelle has posted has been wind ups - they do make the odd decent point. Their views on LM are shared by a fair number of people and its interesting being able to debate. If I was a forum moderator I would see no cause to take any action.

There is aleady a LM appreciation thread, I would beg anybody so against any negativety to go there.

- tim

Excellent post Rob, totally agree.

Why on earth would they suddenly change this to an appreciation thread when they already have one?

It makes no sense.
  • Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hyd up to 12 on iTunes hope it climbs more :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all Girls Aloud members apart from Sarah have had a crack at going solo and only Cheryl has been successful.

Because Sarah thought she didnt have a chance against Cheryl. She opted for the acting career instead and i hope she sticks to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Sarah thought she didnt have a chance against Cheryl. She opted for the acting career instead and i hope she sticks to it.

I think she knew there's no chance she would be a success.

It's a shame what she's done to her lips. Why on earth do they do it? I will never understand it....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she knew there's no chance she would be a success.

It's a shame what she's done to her lips. Why on earth do they do it? I will never understand it....

I didnt know she had her lips done. All i have known is shes had traffic offences and a acting role in Danny Dyers movie. Shows how up to date i am.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt know she had her lips done. All i have known is shes had traffic offences and a acting role in Danny Dyers movie. Shows how up to date i am.

She's made a terrible mess of them. I don't think she's ever got over it.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Dazzled3 wrote: »
    I don't know I think she's a bit to cute to be a solo star if that makes sense like I don't think she would stand out much by herself but I think in the group she stands out as she is with the other girls and they give her that confidence.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    so I see I didnt miss much just the boring who be better solo
This discussion has been closed.