Options

How will you be celebrating the Day?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Watching it downstairs with family or in my bedroom alone.
    I'm not a big fan of DW however I have watched ever episode since the actor who played the doctor was in it, the one before David Tennant. (Don't know the actors name)
    But yeah I can't wait to see it tomorrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    well I will likely still have family over for my birthday so will likely be watching the 50th later on in the evening.. so no internet for me for spoilers :)
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I'm at the Doctor Who Celebration tomorrow and at the Excel for their screening in the evening :)

Hope You enjoy yourself there :)
    I was going to go but the tickets had sold out a few days earlier.
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching it downstairs with family or in my bedroom alone.
    I'm not a big fan of DW however I have watched ever episode since the actor who played the doctor was in it, the one before David Tennant. (Don't know the actors name)
    But yeah I can't wait to see it tomorrow.

Oh, I think somebody who has watched every episode since thingy is a fan of Doctor Who. The best type of fan. A fan who doesn't watch out of unconditional love or loyalty or fanaticaly charged nostalgia etc. But watches a T.V. programme they (presumably) think is decent, watchable and interesting. Nice to have, what we call ' a casual viewer', on the boards!

I hope you return to tell us what you think of the special...if we're all not to busy eating each other alive over how awful/brilliant/so-so we thought it was to notice!

Personally I'm watching An Unearthly Child at 17:16:20 tomorrow, then fretting until 19:50! I've got a 3D telly so decided to stay in with the missus and a bottle of red or two and enjoy it that way. No special plans for food. Right now I've got that 'Christmas Eve' feeling I used to get as a nipper!
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Woohoo It's now the Day of the Doctor and I'm currently watching the newly arrived Terror of the Zygons DVD in preparation.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can be a Doctor Who fan and find your meaning in the little stuff that happens, be it once in a while or that everyday moment where you remember The Doctor (it is only a tv programme and has fictional characters:D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Went to work today in the DT pinstripe suit, blue shirt, floral tie. Set my A level Philosophy and Ethics class a simple homework: watch 'Day of the Doctor' make notes on proportionality.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I'll be going to the local Vue with my brother for the initial screening, but I've also been invited to the later screening, hmm...
  • Options
    BeanybunBeanybun Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to buy a new car, get my son his winter coat, go to watch Arsenal via Piebury corner (google it...) then get myself back to my sofa in good time...
  • Options
    hazelnuttwhikehazelnuttwhike Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I'll be at a wedding, wearing TARDIS blue in protest. Its a sort of beaten up post Time War navy blue. Then I'll be watching it on my own on Sunday, with some jelly babies if I can swing it. Maybe fish fingers but I think I'll forgo the custard...
  • Options
    joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be watching at home with my 4 children. My sister and her 5 children have come up from the midlands to watch it with us. We all were originally going to go to the cinema but the cost made us decide to watch it at home instead altogether.. Lots of snacks popcorn drinks etc.
  • Options
    paul15paul15 Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    My plans for today?

At 5:15 this evening, I intend to rewatch An Unearthly Child.
    Then for the main event. My television will get a rare outing into 3D, and my wife and I will sit down, with a bottle of bubbly, jellie babies and a packet of jammie dodgers.
    I will be wearing my long scarf (which has been around the neck's of Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy), while the Mrs has said she will wear her fez.
    So this evening, raise a glass to William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Ecceleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith, and to all the people who made the magic happen. Far to many people to mention.
    But remember, raise a glass to yourselves. Remember the good times, and the not so good.

Here's to the next Fifty years, see you all in 2063... ;-)
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at haydock races today so nothing Dr whoish at all for me till tomorrow. Was at a 50th birthday party last night Dr who fancy dress. Some good efforts, a silent, Rory the roman,William Hartnell(with a David Tennant sonic), Victorian Clara, jabe the tree woman from end of the world. The kids made a good effort, matt smith and a peg doll among the best. I let the side down, just said i was a human dalek!
  • Options
    drtwelvedrtwelve Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I'm going up to my parents loft to retrieve my 12 year old self's knitted scarf. Was very long back then - bet it isn't now...
  • Options
    jxpjxp Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to watch The Five Doctors shortly. This afternoon will be The Name Of The Doctor and the trailers & minisodes.

I'll have a little break then until 19:50, at which point the TV will be turned up (and hopefully the children will be turned down)
  • Options
    saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paul15 wrote: »
    My plans for today?

Then for the main event. My television will get a rare outing into 3D, and my wife and I will sit down, with a bottle of bubbly, jellie babies and a packet of jammie dodgers.
    I will be wearing my long scarf (which has been around the neck's of Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy), while the Mrs has said she will wear her fez.
    So this evening, raise a glass to William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Ecceleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith, and to all the people who made the magic happen. Far to many people to mention.
    But remember, raise a glass to yourselves. Remember the good times, and the not so good.

That is just lovely. You put it beautifully and brought a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat. :o

I have been out to watch the sunrise on my own and had a little think about how a little tv programme can mean so much to me and make me so excited.
    Thought about going to the cinema but decided that knowing my luck I would end up behind the people that talk all the way through and munch popcorn noisily. Can watch at home in comfort and scream at the tv without embarrassing myself in front of other humans. :D
    Annoyingly my its my ex MIL birthday so daughter is going for a meal with them...thankfully they are going early. Daughter under strict instructions to get here ASAP so we can start watching.
    It's going to be a looooooong day :p
  • Options
    saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and have friends at the Excel so will be putting my jealousy aside....honest...
    And waiting for plenty of photos and updates from them.
    Lucky sods.
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My plans for today?

Wait another 80 seconds until 5:16 and 20 seconds and it will be exactly 50 years!!

Note to self: Get fez to wear.

Further note to self: Shake off terrible hangover.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have, with the utmost tact and diplomacy, managed to wriggle out of attending a birthday party this evening.

So when it's time for THE EPISODE I will, as usual, barricade myself in the house and become incommunicado while I watch, riveted to the screen.

I expect to shed tears at some point (I'll be miffed if there isn't occasion to) so I want to be alone. No cinema for me.
  • Options
    BonesMcCoyBonesMcCoy Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    I'm currently on a Hartnell marathon folllowing An Adventure In Space & Time, but tonight I shall watch The Name of The Doctor arround 6:55pm as I've been watching NU-Who again since the last series ended. (Four episodes per weekend, three towards the end of October, and two per weekend throughout November until the anniversary.) Then I shall watch The Day of The Doctor, at home, on the sofa with a small bowl of jelly babies!
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, I'm not a huge fan as I haven't seen many of the original episodes, I have seen a couple though and enjoyed them. I have seen all episodes from 2005 onwards though.

I will be watching with the husband, in my jammies with a wee drink of vodka and irn bru.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    jxp wrote: »
    I'm going to watch The Five Doctors shortly. This afternoon will be The Name Of The Doctor and the trailers & minisodes.

I'll have a little break then until 19:50, at which point the TV will be turned up (and hopefully the children will be turned down)

I'm thinking along the same lines. I've already watched my Beginning box set and Tomb of the Cybermen this week, as well as The Name of the Doctor (which I enjoyed a lot more the second time around).

Later tonight after I've come back from the cinema I might watch one of Tom Baker's stories but I'm not sure which yet. And then I will watch some Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy tomorrow, so I will have covered all of the classic eras to some extent. :)
  • Options
    andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started by watching An Unearthly child through to The Fire Maker, I watched The Asylum of the Daleks after that and currently watching The Last of The Time Lords, I'm going to watch Journey's End followed by the Name of the Doctor, I should have some free time after this to watch the trailers and the minisodes
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

By 2063 I will be nearly 95, if I make it to that age I think I will celebrate that more than Dr Who.
    Today I am already drowning my rugby sorrows, so I hope to be sober enough to watch tonight, I have my recorder ready.
  • Options
    Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have, with the utmost tact and diplomacy, managed to wriggle out of attending a birthday party this evening.

So when it's time for THE EPISODE I will, as usual, barricade myself in the house and become incommunicado while I watch, riveted to the screen.

I expect to shed tears at some point (I'll be miffed if there isn't occasion to) so I want to be alone. No cinema for me.

Enjoy yourself this evening Granny darling. :)

I'll be thinking of you as I watch cos I bet if there's occasion to laugh, squeal, cry or just be agog in wonderment - we'll do it at the same time at all the same bits.
    x