How can people deny the Scottish votes existence?

britney.jeanbritney.jean Posts: 61
Forum Member
Polls across the internet have had Nicolas extremely low in the voting.
Even the most accurate `yougov` poll done this week, which is rarely ever wrong, had Nicolas with a pitiful 11% of the vote.

The reason he is in the final is because he is Scottish! Are people saying that if he was from Southend he would still be in the final? He wouldn't !

The whole scotland / Wales getting mediocre acts in to the finals has became tiresome years ago, yet it amazes me people still deny such a regional vote exists.

I have a Scottish friend who is insisting Nicolas will win because of his nationality .

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What rubbish!
  • jg.jg. Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they put their cans of tennents and their deep fried anything down then tomorrow he might get more votes.
  • phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is trotted out any time a Scottish/Welsh/Irish contestant does well in the lives and it's a load of guff! People just like Nicholas, accept it and stop talking rubbish.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even the most accurate `yougov` poll done this week, which is rarely ever wrong, had Nicolas with a pitiful 11% of the vote.

The reason he is in the final is because he is Scottish! Are people saying that if he was from Southend he would still be in the final? He wouldn't !

The whole scotland / Wales getting mediocre acts in to the finals has became tiresome years ago, yet it amazes me people still deny such a regional vote exists.

I have a Scottish friend who is insisting Nicolas will win because of his nationality .

You're like a dog with a bone. Get over it.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jg. wrote: »
    If they put their cans of tennents and their deep fried anything down then tomorrow he might get more votes.

Another bitter idiot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leon Jackson, David Sneddon, Michelle McManus, Jai McDowell...enough said
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did YouGov survey people? Was it an internet poll?
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Not half as tiresome as these moronic Scottish vote threads.
  • heva__xheva__x Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I live in Glasgow and voted for Luke. I think Nicholas is amazing but Luke's music is more my style.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the grey vote for Maloney and Bonnie Bailey
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Scottish and am not rooting for Nicholas this year, but in the past week I have heard quite a few people say they feel they should vote for Nicholas because he is Scottish (they also live in the same area as Nicholas), so there is an element of a Scottish vote, but it's not everyone. He'll also be getting the 'aw isn't he cute' vote from the whole of the UK.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Yay another bollocks talking Scottish vote thread.

How very original!
  • britney.jeanbritney.jean Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    Yay another bollocks talking Scottish vote thread.

How very original!

I am simply trying to point out that Nicolas has been polling very low for weeks, in polls which have been fairly accurate except for his position.
    If anyone can explain another reason...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    He is SO dull so it's likely to be localised voting, or more likely he aims at a large portion of the UK public who like 'safe'. No point whinging about it. It's not like there's a superstar who isn't getting coverage this year. It's all been various levels of gray this series
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It probably has more to do with Luke being quite bad and Nicholas actually being ok!
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam must have got through because of the huge Leicester vote too...
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    mrs brody wrote: »
    Leon Jackson, David Sneddon, Michelle McManus, Jai McDowell...enough said

Susan Boyle, Kerry McGregor, Rikki Loney, Storm Lee, Nikitta Angus, The McDonald Brothers.....Enough said
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please not this old bollox again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What rubbish! Nicholas has without question the second best vocals. Sam will win.
    I'll say again, which people will ignore, I am Scottish, from Glasgow. Nobody I know is even voting on this. If they talk about it, Sam is their favourite.
    OP - sorry Luke didn't get through. Unfortunately he just wasn't good enough,
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    I am simply trying to point out that Nicolas has been polling very low for weeks, in polls which have been fairly accurate except for his position.

Deleted - really not worth the effort
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im scottish and voted for luke and sam, leon jackson and nicholas are awful
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    Where did YouGov survey people? Was it an internet poll?

http://yougov.co.uk/publicopinion/methodology/
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    singlefish wrote: »
    What rubbish! Nicholas has without question the second best vocals. Sam will win.
    I'll say again, which people will ignore, I am Scottish, from Glasgow. Nobody I know is even voting on this. If they talk about it, Sam is their favourite.
    OP - sorry Luke didn't get through. Unfortunately he just wasn't good enough,

I'M Scottish and I haven't for anyone.. glad he made the final though I preferred his singing to the other two
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    How do you know they have been accurate. We'll know better after the voting stats come out - which I can't wait for!
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    As a Scot I am so fed up of this Scottish vote rubbish! There's no more a Scottish vote than there is an English vote in this competition and even if there were and everyone who can vote voted the entire population of Scotland is only around 5 million whereas the population of London alone is more than 13,000,000 so people moaning about the Scottish vote need to get some perspective!