Why doesn't Lee Carter know a man was killed in his house…

GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
Forum Member
…and why doesn't he know it was Stacey that did it?

Comments

• soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe he is not in to gossip. I wonder if any of the carters know
  • david_majordavid_major Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Archie and den.. so 2 killed on premises
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess Sharon felt that Linda didnt need to know her dad died there. Its not a nice thought after all
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    To be honest if Lee and the Carters were filled in on all the Murders and incidence that have happened in the Vic over the years they would never get any work done.

After all there has been Archie Murdered, Den Murdered and Buried at the Vic, Former Landlord Eddie Murdered within yards of the Pub, Tiffany falling down the stairs and then getting knocked over and killed outside the Pub, Dennis Rickman stabbed to death outside the Pub, Bradley Branning falling off the Pub roof to his death and 2 major fires caused by Phil and Grant Mitchell respectively. The Pub is cursed to be honest. LOL
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    To be honest if Lee and the Carters were filled in on all the Murders and incidence that have happened in the Vic over the years they would never get any work done.

After all there has been Archie Murdered, Den Murdered and Buried at the Vic, Former Landlord Eddie Murdered within yards of the Pub, Tiffany falling down the stairs and then getting knocked over and killed outside the Pub, Dennis Rickman stabbed to death outside the Pub, Bradley Branning falling off the Pub roof to his death and 2 major fires caused by Phil and Grant Mitchell respectively. The Pub is cursed to be honest. LOL

You wouldn't catch me going down that cellar! :D
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »

did phil's ex the lawyer who abused ben also fall off the vic roof to her death or was it some other roof
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always found it idiotic that Archie was killed in almost the exact same spot as Den in the exact same way and no one has ever commented on it. The whole time Archie's murder storyline was going on I kept expecting someone to make a reference to it but it never happened. Stacey herself was involved in the Den storyline so it was even more jarring.
  • storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    did phil's ex the lawyer who abused ben also fall off the vic roof to her death or was it some other roof

Stella I believe. She fell to her death at the wedding venue I seem to recall.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    Stella I believe. She fell to her death at the wedding venue I seem to recall.

No that was Bradly who fell to his death by accident on The Queen Vic roof. Stella jumped off a another roof way from the square.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,267
    Forum Member
    You could make a few bob in Walford by giving out the death tour!
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    I guess Sharon felt that Linda didnt need to know her dad died there. Its not a nice thought after all

I'm so thick today - read this about 10 times thinking "Linda's dad died there?" Sorry!

I don't think people always learn the history of the house they are living in. Sharon doesn't go on about Den all the time, she's blocked it out (which is a polite way of putting SLOPPY WRITING AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!!!)
  • storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    No that was Bradly who fell to his death by accident on The Queen Vic roof. Stella jumped off a another roof way from the square.

That's what I said, the poster asked who it was, Stella and I said the wedding venue roof not the Queen Vic.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesn't Linda Carter know that a man was buried under her home? Especially being friends with Sharon.

Slightly alarming that Tommy Moon was born where his sister helped to bury someone.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    Oh and Michelle Fowler got Shot in the Vic by Grant as he tried to wrestle the gun of Douggie who was in the Army with Grant as he held Michelle, Grant and Sharon as hostages.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always found it idiotic that Archie was killed in almost the exact same spot as Den in the exact same way and no one has ever commented on it. The whole time Archie's murder storyline was going on I kept expecting someone to make a reference to it but it never happened. Stacey herself was involved in the Den storyline so it was even more jarring.

Agreed. I also found it idiotic that the 25th anniversary story was basically just a rip-off of the 20th anniversary, except that Den's death was actually good.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was also the Vic raid by heavies after Jays Dad.
    And the Slater/Trueman fight.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member

Probably where she got the inspiration to give Archie the bust
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,256
    Forum Member
    To be honest, unless you buy a completely new house there is a very high chance that somebody has died there at some stage in the past - it's just something you accept and don't dwell on. That said, the majority of deaths aren't as violent as Den or Archies.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    To be honest, unless you buy a completely new house there is a very high chance that somebody has died there at some stage in the past - it's just something you accept and don't dwell on. That said, the majority of deaths aren't as violent as Den or Archies.

But this house ain't any old house. It's a public house filled with regulars that would have been drinking there since the beginning and they would know of all the past incidents in the pub just as Tracey the barmaid probably would. If they don't know anything about the previous deaths in the pub then that's highly unrealistic, especially seeing as Stacey confessed to the murder of Archie in the spot she killed him in. Weren't they at least informed of this?
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Archie and den.. so 2 killed on premises

Three - you are forgetting Eddie Royle.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Three - you are forgetting Eddie Royle.

Eddie was killed in the Square, not in the pub.
    Forum Member
    But this house ain't any old house. It's a public house filled with regulars that would have been drinking there since the beginning and they would know of all the past incidents in the pub just as Tracey the barmaid probably would. If they don't know anything about the previous deaths in the pub then that's highly unrealistic, especially seeing as Stacey confessed to the murder of Archie in the spot she killed him in. Weren't they at least informed of this?

Oh I see what you mean in that respect. I just meant that maybe they've never bothered to ask or are not concerned about it - just assume that a building that old with that many previous owners is bound to have had a couple of people due in it.

Logic says that they would have asked about Archie after stacey's confession and also that Den would have come up re a structural survey as the cellar floor had to be dug up but then given them not knowing about the rising damp, they obviously didn't bother to get even a basic survey done.
  • Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

Here in Ireland there isn't a place that hasn't had someone shot inside or out dead from bookies pubs Chinese takeaways taxi companies over the years and people still go to those bookies pubs takeaway taxi companies etc
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats a very well kept soap secret!
    Forum Member
    Here in Ireland there isn't a place that hasn't had someone shot inside or out dead from bookies pubs Chinese takeaways taxi companies over the years and people still go to those bookies pubs takeaway taxi companies etc

Exactly. I'm not sure it is quite as bad as that in England and obviously 3 landlords murdered within 20 years is very bad but people do get into fights in Pubs! Peopld do sometimes die and when one has been around as long as the Vic there are bound to have been incidents and the new owners/landlords probably don't worry about it or look into it too much - unless it has such a bad reputation that punters have stopped coming or the Police are raiding it wvery other week!