Options

Why did BB turn the mics down when Gary and Edele had chat?

bradvillabradvilla Posts: 7,288
Forum Member
Seemed very strange that they would have but when they were chatting in tonight's episode Edele was barely up to whispering level, yet Gary heard every word of it.

So as he obviously is totally honest and genuine and not milking things to convince people who patronise people with mental illness/injuries, then the only answer must be that she was speaking loudly but BB turned the mics down.

What other reason could there be?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    anyone else have any idea?
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Gary lip reads? More likely he is playing a magnificent game as the other HMs haven't got a clue:D
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it can be easier to hear people than others and also depends on back ground noise etc/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cezzy wrote: »
    Maybe Gary lip reads? More likely he is playing a magnificent game as the other HMs haven't got a clue:D

I do think hes hard of hearing but he definitely plays it up at times when it suits him. After all he wears hearing aids and quite frankly if they work that badly then theres no point to them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Sometimes it can be easier to hear people than others and also depends on back ground noise etc/

there was background noise at the time. In fact I found it hard to hear them talking because of it (I'm half deaf in one ear)
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bradvilla wrote: »
    Seemed very strange that they would have but when they were chatting in tonight's episode Edele was barely up to whispering level, yet Gary heard every word of it.

So as he obviously is totally honest and genuine and not milking things to convince people who patronise people with mental illness/injuries, then the only answer must be that she was speaking loudly but BB turned the mics down.

What other reason could there be?

Well they were sitting directly across the table from each other and both were leaning in and looking directly at each other. And Edele speaks pretty clearly. I heard more or less what both were saying - they were both speaking softly - so I didn't really see anything odd about it.
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bradvilla wrote: »
    there was background noise at the time. In fact I found it hard to hear them talking because of it (I'm half deaf in one ear)

I have hearing problems and heard them just fine. Incidentally I can sometimes hear someone across the other side of the lounge but not hear the person standing next to me. Just depends on the person and with some people it may not be that he cant hear them but simply that he cant understand them