Famous and well recieved Comedians who you don't 'get' or consider funny

OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a few

Victoria Wood (very famous and very popular- justdon't get her at all or why she is considered as funny and talented as she is.)

Lee Mack- Am I missing something that everyone else can see?

Sarah Milican-Is someone I like and find funny, but people say she is hillarious and brilliant and I don't see that and I wouldnt pay to see her, as much as i like to see her now and again on tv.

Comments

• TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh some comedians I love to hate:

Chris Addison: Stupid ramblings, not funny
    Russell Howard: It's always "imagine that" or "I had this friend" or "stereotypical dumb northener accent"
    Sarah Millican: She's got no funny at all!
    Frankie Boyle: Most of the time he's good but then he reuses way too much material and recently has tried to be too shocking - which has kind of cost him his career.
    Gene Yashere and Andi Osho - It's always material about being black, WTH?
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricky Gervais
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Non of the current so called comedians even make me smile, cringeworthy at best.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK Then!!! wrote: »
    I have a few

Victoria Wood (very famous and very popular- justdon't get her at all or why she is considered as funny and talented as she is.)

Lee Mack- Am I missing something that everyone else can see?

Sarah Milican-Is someone I like and find funny, but people say she is hillarious and brilliant and I don't see that and I wouldnt pay to see her, as much as i like to see her now and again on tv.

Shappi Khorsandi. How many more jokes can she squeeze out of her ethnicity? When not trying to make me laugh at that in a Jim Davidson kind of way, she has no material left - she just seems like a whining middle class idiot from 'The Archers' or summat anyway, with her biggest problem in life being Starbucks or Cafe Nero.

That butch looking woman who got her own 'sit-com', purely on the strength of her comedy look. Forget her name.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lee Evans

the Norman Wisdom impression is wearing thin.............
  • OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Shappi Khorsandi. How many more jokes can she squeeze out of her ethnicity? When not trying to make me laugh at that in a Jim Davidson kind of way, she has no material left - she just seems like a whining middle class idiot from 'The Archers' or summat anyway, with her biggest problem in life being Starbucks or Cafe Nero.

That butch looking woman who got her own 'sit-com', purely on the strength of her comedy look. Forget her name

Think you mean Miranda Hart, and if so I disagree. I think she is one of the funniest people around atm, and her show is very original, funnym witty and with some genuine laugh out moments for me. I rarely laugh out loud at the tv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »

That butch looking woman who got her own 'sit-com', purely on the strength of her comedy look. Forget her name.

Miranda hart ?

I like her...........I like the show and i liked that sci-fi comedy she did about the British starship...........:D

Catherine tate...............:confused:
  • Union JockUnion Jock Posts: 7,262
    Forum Member
    That scouse guy, can't think of his name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far too many to mention.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Union Jock wrote: »
    That scouse guy, can't think of his name.

Ken Dodd?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Millican.

JAMES ****ING CORDEN. The least funny creature god has ever put breath into.
  • TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken Dodd?

John Bishop - Smug ****
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    River 07 wrote: »
    Far too many to mention.

Likewise.

But I will make a special exception to mention that bellend Russell Brand. Who the hell gave him a career?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Non of the current so called comedians even make me smile, cringeworthy at best.

That's my default position.........and i rarely watch any new comedy shows

But whenever i do watch...........I usually think they're pretty good..............:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. That's her. Miranda Someone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

Catherine tate...............:confused:

I agree Lauren and Gran-her two best known characters-are both irritating. However, some of her more minor and low-key sketches were often very good, and often quite tragi-comic. Think of the one with the 32 year old baton-twirling majorette, meeting the troop leader to ask him not to retire her, for example.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there must be some conspiracy at the beeb. It seems every comedian I find unfunny or think overrated is never off the screen lately.

Michael Mcintyre, John Bishop and Steven K Amos are the worst of the bunch. I'm not too struck on Alan Carr either come to that. It's no wonder I've stopped watching TV and just watch the odd program online these days.
  • Jamsey123Jamsey123 Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sahppi Korsandi (Delivery puts me off but the material is weak anyway)

Russel Howard (I love ninjas, ninjas are cool, look at my eye)

Noel Feilding (Two words that shouldnt go together but you put them together, and your wearing something ridiculous, amusing stuff)

Gina Yashire (she said Birtish people didnt get her jokes because we are racist, in reality it was more to do with them not being funny)

Russel Brand (I'm posh and big words are funny when mixed with random cutsey gobbledegook)

Andi Osho (Peackham, peakham peakham. Wow you are black, so your parents beat you and you can do a regional african accent, impressive, people laugh at your jokes for fear of being called racist.)

Stephen K Amos (Wow you are black, so your parents beat you and you can do a regional african accent, impressive, people laugh at your jokes for fear of being called racist)

Andy Parsons (just embarresing, shockingly bad material and taking big pause whilst doing a voice that changes in frequency every two seconds)

Jack Whitehall (Pretentious **** with very few good jokes who only became successsful through his rich agent father getting him on TV every other week to shove his poor jokes in the form of coke fuelled rants down the public's unexpecting throats)

Lenny Henry (I don' even need to justify this as I doubt there a living people who laugh at any of this guys jokes for any reason other than pity, politeness or just fear of being accused of rasicm*)

*See Gina Yashire, Andy Osho and Stephen K Amos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    That's my default position.........and i rarely watch any new comedy shows

But whenever i do watch...........I usually think they're pretty good..............:o

I have watched Omid Djalili and I think he's pretty funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamsey123 wrote: »
    Sahppi Korsandi (Delivery puts me off but the material is weak anyway)

Russel Howard (I love ninjas, ninjas are cool, look at my eye)

Noel Feilding (Two words that shouldnt go together but you put them together, and your wearing something ridiculous, amusing stuff)

Gina Yashire (she said Birtish people didnt get her jokes because we are racist, in reality it was more to do with them not being funny)

Russel Brand (I'm posh and big words are funny when mixed with random cutsey gobbledegook)

Andi Osho (Peackham, peakham peakham. Wow you are black, so your parents beat you and you can do a regional african accent, impressive, people laugh at your jokes for fear of being called racist.)

Stephen K Amos (Wow you are black, so your parents beat you and you can do a regional african accent, impressive, people laugh at your jokes for fear of being called racist)

Andy Parsons (just embarresing, shockingly bad material and taking big pause whilst doing a voice that changes in frequency every two seconds)

Jack Whitehall (Pretentious **** with very few good jokes who only became successsful through his rich agent father getting him on TV every other week to shove his poor jokes in the form of coke fuelled rants down the public's unexpecting throats)

Lenny Henry (I don' even need to justify this as I doubt there a living people who laugh at any of this guys jokes for any reason other than pity, politeness or just fear of being accused of rasicm*)

*See Gina Yashire, Andy Osho and Stephen K Amos.

I've only heard of two of them Brand and Henry and neither are even slightly amusing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamsey123 wrote: »

He was funny at one time, though. He could be good on Tizwas-and remember Three of a Kind?
  • Jamsey123Jamsey123 Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I have watched Omid Djalili and I think he's pretty funny.

That guy has been around since atleast the 80s.
    I dont like him personally, but he isnt as bad as most.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Larry the Cable Guy is not funny. He's just immature and gross. I heard better jokes in Junior High.

And I'm not even sure Larry (real name is Dan Whitney) qualifies as a Redneck. He's from Minnesota and his accent is fake.

Here he is in his early days
    Warning: some cursing
    http://youtu.be/Nqm-vKWEkoU

I find Bill Engvall and Jeff Foxworthy pretty funny. They talk about real-life things and they are much less vulgar than Ron White or Larry. Bill and Jeff also seem to really be themselves, while obviously Larry is a character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit, I love Stephen K. Amos and Russell Brand is one of my all-time favourites. Shows how subjective it is.

Michael McIntyre leaves me cold. He seems so Seventies, somehow. I think he'll find his level as a Brucie style game show presenter, eventually. He's like a fat Leslie Crowther, for anyone from the 70s, you'll know what I mean.

They're all only as good as their material though, and so with the best delivery in the world, if you're not upto writing it, you'll never be any good. I think there aren't many comedy writers of this latest generation that have a fraction of the ability of Paul Whitehouse, say.
  • Union JockUnion Jock Posts: 7,262
    Forum Member
    Ken Dodd?

Someone here jolted my memory, it's John Bishop.